Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Are These People?

Who Are These People?

Have you read that blog that is focused on Councilmember Dan Ward? It's facilitated by someone that labels themself "Captain Amherst".

Who is "Captain Amherst"? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I think the person needs to be identified.

Thumbs down

Yeah, ok, Darth Vader...

Hey, this is what we need on speakup, more Amherst nonsense.

"Nonsense"? Maybe. But I think that the identity of someone who is obviously trying to influence town politics by "smearing" one candidate with anonymous allegations is important.

I think it's becoming quite clear that "Captain Amherst" of the aforementioned blog is identical to "Usually Right" of this very message board forum. It's also becoming quite clear that that individual's association to candidate Brownrout is EXTREMELY close... if you know what I mean.

Further, the actual number of so-called blogger/posters on the blog is highly questionable (even if possibly irrelevant). Reading the blog there is somewhat of an attempt to lead readers to believe that there is a meaningful number of "anti-Ward" writers. I'm not convinced that that is true. Are you?

My work continues to openly identify Captain Amherst, and further truths about the referenced blog. If you have any information about this, but feel uncomfortable in posting on the board itself... use the personal message feature of this site to notify me. I assure you it will remain anonymous unless you say otherwise.

Originally posted by Darth Vader
    "Nonsense"? Maybe. But I think that the identity of someone who is obviously trying to influence town politics by "smearing" one candidate with anonymous allegations is important.

I think it's becoming quite clear that "Captain Amherst" of the aforementioned blog is identical to "Usually Right" of this very message board forum. It's also becoming quite clear that that individual's association to candidate Brownrout is EXTREMELY close... if you know what I mean.

Further, the actual number of so-called blogger/posters on the blog is highly questionable (even if possibly irrelevant). Reading the blog there is somewhat of an attempt to lead readers to believe that there is a meaningful number of "anti-Ward" writers. I'm not convinced that that is true. Are you?

My work continues to openly identify Captain Amherst, and further truths about the referenced blog. If you have any information about this, but feel uncomfortable in posting on the board itself... use the personal message feature of this site to notify me. I assure you it will remain anonymous unless you say otherwise.
    Why don't you guys write about something interesting? This is ridiculous. I'd love to talk Amherst politics, but that's not what this is. This is more along the lines of "your mother wears army boots."

How about some issues? Jeeze!!!

TO: atotaltotalfan2001,

Look to the lower right of this window. See the icon that reads "New Thread"? Do you see it? Yes? Good. Now place your mouse indicator over it. Ready? Yes? Good. Now 'click' on the icon.

If atotaltotalfan2001 has done as I've guided, atotaltotalfan2001 isn't reading this any more. But will be able to begin a thread about 'issues'... which, I suppose, will make atotaltotalfan2001 very very happy. You are welcome.

See, atotaltotalfan2001 is griping about poorly directed threads... but atotaltotalfan2001 hasn't started any (at least since the beginning of this year).

Darth Vader,the small group which writes on Captain Amherst 'website only purpose is to discredit Dan Ward and his family and friends.There are no negative remarks about Supervisor Grelick,Councilmember McGuire or Woodward.Our Supervisor has admitted she HATES DAN Ward and JT.

i would love to have that site buried and leave this site for usefull discussion on politics.
    nta

TO: atotaltotalfan2001,

Look to the lower right of this window. See the icon that reads "New Thread"? Do you see it? Yes? Good. Now place your mouse indicator over it. Ready? Yes? Good. Now 'click' on the icon.

If atotaltotalfan2001 has done as I've guided, atotaltotalfan2001 isn't reading this any more. But will be able to begin a thread about 'issues'... which, I suppose, will make atotaltotalfan2001 very very happy. You are welcome.

See, atotaltotalfan2001 is griping about poorly directed threads... but atotaltotalfan2001 hasn't started any (at least since the beginning of this year).
    Dear Darth,

As I said before, no wonder hardly anyone posts here. You're strange, guy.

So, yes, I believe I will take my leave of this thread -- as, obviously, many others have already.

[B]"Nonsense"? Maybe. But I think that the identity of someone who is obviously trying to influence town politics by "smearing" one candidate with anonymous allegations is important.

B]
    The only thing obvious about your blogs is that you have some strange issues.

Originally posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    Dear Darth,

As I said before, no wonder hardly anyone posts here. You're strange, guy.

So, yes, I believe I will take my leave of this thread -- as, obviously, many others have already.
    Maybe others have taken their leave, but the view count doesn't lie. The private messages I've gotten don't lie either.

An analysis (which I paid for out of my own pocket) of over three dozen posts by "Usually Right" and a lesser but still statistically valid number from "Captain Amherst" has returned the following:

"After reviewing the written items you provided I can say with a high degree of certainty that they were written by the same individual. There is a small probability, somewhere in the 2-5% range, that they came from unique authors.

"As I explained to you on the telephone, both sets of samples appear to be written by a female. They exhibit standard characteristics of feminine traits found in Western New York which I believe is where you said you expect the author or authors to be located."

Maybe others have taken their leave, but the view count doesn't lie. The private messages I've gotten don't lie either.

An analysis (which I paid for out of my own pocket) of over three dozen posts by "Usually Right" and a lesser but still statistically valid number from "Captain Amherst" has returned the following:

"After reviewing the written items you provided I can say with a high degree of certainty that they were written by the same individual. There is a small probability, somewhere in the 2-5% range, that they came from unique authors.

"As I explained to you on the telephone, both sets of samples appear to be written by a female. They exhibit standard characteristics of feminine traits found in Western New York which I believe is where you said you expect the author or authors to be located."
    Something really is wrong with you, whoever you are, and IMO, of course.

Originally posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    Something really is wrong with you, whoever you are, and IMO, of course.
    I thought you were taking your leave of this thread? I guess you have no credibility. You say one thing but do another. You have no willpower. Cannot keep a promise.

You don't have to read this thread if you do not want. What do my actions have to do with you?

This thread=

Originally posted by speaker
    This thread=
    You might think it's funny. But if/when I have the answer you will probably be the first to want to know the answer.

Thank you to the people that gave me important information.

The "important information" you get is relative to whom you get it from......duh!

Consider your sources, most of us do!

I am speechless, at the fact that you would actually pay someone to analyze the identity of bloggers.

Can you guess my weight and shoe size?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information