Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the War against Syria be voted on by Congress?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Will the War against Syria be voted on by Congress?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    No. Just like every other "War" since WWII, this one will be illegal.

No it will not. Neither should we be doing anything.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

This whole thing is entirely stupid...So the fact the CIA gave the Iragi's satellite intell in 1988 knowing they would use gas against the Iranians was ok??..

Christ I can't wait until we are done being the world's policeman. This is getting insane! We have to go bomb anyone that does something bad.. like we didn't calculate torching tons of civilians in Hiroshima or nagasaki or Dresden for that matter.

Res
    Again, you haven't learned, what I have been telling you, they are fooling you and have been all along plz WAKEUP !!!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Fooled about what? I don't think we should bomb them.

What I find most troubling is, how I understand it, the only War power the President has is to repel attacks against the United States and lead the armed forces once the people (Congress) declare war.

There are some additional powers granted to the President to act in an emergency, namely the war powers resolution. There are some prerequisites, it states, and I quote, the President is only authorized in cases of "national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces."

The Syrian civil war isn't a threat to the United States.

Even IF the Syrian Government used Chemical weapons, what right does the United States have, a regime that caused 150,000 deaths in Iraq, 80% of that Civilian. Our Government covered up 15,000 Civilian deaths that we only learnt of by people leaking "classified" government documents and serving life for revealing the carnage we have caused in the Middle East.

So I ask the simple question; what right do we have to question the actions of the Syrian Regime. We have ZERO moral credibility, because at the end of the day dead by chemicals or dead by bomb, you are still dead.

Syria is not a threat to Humanity; they're a threat to Syrians. OK, we want to make a statement about gassing their own people by bombing or whatever we're going to do, yet, the report is that we're not targeting the guy who CALLED for the gas attack! WTH??

U.S.: Not trying to take out Assad with Syria response

What's the point of spending a few million dollars on bombing yet ANOTHER country that poses no threat to the US???

Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So fellow democrats

So Jeremy and group endorsed President Obama and Hillary...

White House: Chemical Attack Requires Response

WASHINGTON (AP) - The White House is making a legal argument for undertaking a military response to the use of chemical weapons against civilians in Syria, but says any action taken against the Syrian regime is not intended to depose Syrian President Bashar Assad.

White House spokesman Jay Carney said the United States and 188 other nations are signatories to a chemical weapons convention opposing the use of such weapons. He says those countries have a stake in ensuring that international norms must be respected. Carney says that there must be a response to a clear violation of those norms.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/national/ar...uires-Response
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

weapons of mass destruction all over again. just a differant party this time
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    WASHINGTON (AP) - The White House is making a legal argument for undertaking a military response to the use of chemical weapons against civilians in Syria, but says any action taken against the Syrian regime is not intended to depose Syrian President Bashar Assad.

What is the point then?

WHen we were fighting Germany would they have targeted Adolf Hitler if they had the chance?

President Obama seems to like to drone people. Why not drone away Bashar Assad?

If ever someone runs for president on the platform of a promise to handcuff the office of president so in the future presidents cant just unilaterally attack people, change laws, attach stuff to federal aid to states etc. I will vote for them.
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Where are the democrats who were protesting anti-war against President Bush?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Where are the democrats who were protesting anti-war against President Bush?
    Did you miss my post above?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    No I did not.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information