Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Will the War against Syria be voted on by Congress?

Today on Fox News Secretary Hagel presented his claim for military action against Syria. He stated to do nothing would undermine the credibility of the United States in the worlds eye.
    In my opinion under the Obama regime our credibility has already been lost.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    Today on Fox News Secretary Hagel presented his claim for military action against Syria. He stated to do nothing would undermine the credibility of the United States in the worlds eye.
    Yup,,,Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, ...we sure are awed and admired.

Wasn't this president that thought we should kiss all that Arab a$$?

We need to stay out of this civil war.

President Obama and his friends have now sent more than $12MILLION TAX DOLLARS to support the rebels/terrorists.

Al Quada ? In reality its factual to say President Obama has helped arm and support them in Syria.

Now he dumps it on Coongress - purely Political. He stirs the pot - promises action then punts to Congress.

Headlines 2014: "Republicans kill thousands through inaction in the Syrian crissis" -
    "Republicans abandoned thousands gassed by Syrian Leaders."
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Where are the democrats who were protesting anti-war against President Bush?

Just goes to show you how hypocritical these people are that love Obama. Obama is exactly the same as bush in every way with starting wars.
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Wasserman Schultz: 'Dozens' of Countries Back U.S. Action in Syria

I would say this woman is lying

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Will Syria negotiations become 'candy store' of favors?

With President Obama petitioning Congress to approve a strike on Syria, it could be time for another Washington episode of let's make a deal.

The president, at a meeting with key members of Congress on Tuesday morning, said he's confident lawmakers will ultimately approve his request to use military force. He suggested he's willing to modify that request to accommodate Congress' concerns.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2dt73dtIg

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Sen. Paul spars with Kerry: Will vote on Syria be binding?

Apparently Mr. Kerry doesn't believe it is an act of war to drop bombs in other countries. Best part is at the end when Mr. Kerry wants a general to comment on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Now he dumps it on Coongress - purely Political. He stirs the pot - promises action then punts to Congress.
    Headlines 2014: "Republicans kill thousands through inaction in the Syrian crissis" -
    Ah, so Republicans have "no choice" but to get involved in their civil war, but Obama is completely different and must be blamed for getting involved in their civil war. don't you see how many contortions you have to go through to keep pinning everything on Obama? Why does everything have to be so ridiculously biased and one-sided with you guys? Not one person mentioned the headlines today that Boehner, the Republican leader, supports getting involved. Why is that? Kind of muddies up your blame game maybe? All he had to say was "no". Nancy taught us that.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Maybe because the Reps may ask for political favors and or more money to spend in their districts if they support this.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Statement by Congressman Brian Higgins on American Military Intervention in Syria

Sep 3, 2013
    Press Release

“The brutalization of the Syrian people by their own government, including by the use of chemical weapons, is heartbreaking and barbaric. The larger conflict remains an ethnic and sectarian conflict that America cannot solve. This is not a fight for freedom and democracy. Rather, this is about raw power; a fight for control between a brutal and murderous dictator and an opposition represented by al Qaeda affiliates and Islamic extremists. The lesson in Syria, as in Iraq and Afghanistan, is that the people of those countries have to solve their own internal conflicts, and military action on the part of the United States can very easily escalate, drawing us deeper into what is, at its core, a Syrian civil war. After 6,668 American troop deaths and tens of thousands of American wounded, after spending $2 trillion in Iraq and Afghanistan representing $40,000 in debt for every American family, now is the time to nation-build in America and invest in the growth of the American economy. It is not the time for Americans to be subjected to the potential of yet another unwinnable overseas war.”

Source: http://higgins.house.gov/media-cente...y-intervention

Statement from Congressman Chris Collins on Syria

Aug 31, 2013
    Press Release

Congressman Chris Collins (NY-27) issued the following statement regarding the President’s decision to receive authorization from Congress regarding military action in Syria:

“I am pleased President Obama has made the decision to consult and receive authorization from Congress before ordering the use of U.S. military force in Syria. This situation is extremely complex and it is appropriate for all the representatives of the American people to vote on this critical decision.

Speaker Boehner has called House Members to Washington tomorrow to participate in a classified, interagency briefing. I will be traveling to Washington to be a part of this important meeting.

As I said earlier this week, the situation in Syria is deeply troubling and any military response by the United States could have ramifications far beyond the Syrian border.

Before deciding how I will vote when Congress returns to session, I will thoroughly review all of the available intelligence and learn all I can about the limited military action in Syria proposed by President Obama.”

Source: http://chriscollins.house.gov/media-...llins-on-syria

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    We need to stay out of this civil war.

President Obama and his friends have now sent more than $12MILLION TAX DOLLARS to support the rebels/terrorists.

Al Quada ? In reality its factual to say President Obama has helped arm and support them in Syria.

Alternate Quote : "President Once Again ignores Constitution and Orders Military Intervention Without Congressional ApprovaL"

"Impeachment Proceedings initiated by Cruz"

Come on, no matter what he did, he was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Statement by Congressman Brian Higgins on American Military Intervention in Syria

Sep 3, 2013
    Press Release

“The brutalization of the Syrian people by their own government, including by the use of chemical weapons, is heartbreaking and barbaric. The larger conflict remains an ethnic and sectarian conflict that America cannot solve. This is not a fight for freedom and democracy. Rather, this is about raw power; a fight for control between a brutal and murderous dictator and an opposition represented by al Qaeda affiliates and Islamic extremists. The lesson in Syria, as in Iraq and Afghanistan, is that the people of those countries have to solve their own internal conflicts, and military action on the part of the United States can very easily escalate, drawing us deeper into what is, at its core, a Syrian civil war. After 6,668 American troop deaths and tens of thousands of American wounded, after spending $2 trillion in Iraq and Afghanistan representing $40,000 in debt for every American family, now is the time to nation-build in America and invest in the growth of the American economy. It is not the time for Americans to be subjected to the potential of yet another unwinnable overseas war.”

Source: http://higgins.house.gov/media-cente...y-intervention

Statement from Congressman Chris Collins on Syria

Aug 31, 2013
    Press Release

Congressman Chris Collins (NY-27) issued the following statement regarding the President’s decision to receive authorization from Congress regarding military action in Syria:

“I am pleased President Obama has made the decision to consult and receive authorization from Congress before ordering the use of U.S. military force in Syria. This situation is extremely complex and it is appropriate for all the representatives of the American people to vote on this critical decision.

Speaker Boehner has called House Members to Washington tomorrow to participate in a classified, interagency briefing. I will be traveling to Washington to be a part of this important meeting.

As I said earlier this week, the situation in Syria is deeply troubling and any military response by the United States could have ramifications far beyond the Syrian border.

Before deciding how I will vote when Congress returns to session, I will thoroughly review all of the available intelligence and learn all I can about the limited military action in Syria proposed by President Obama.”

Source: http://chriscollins.house.gov/media-...llins-on-syria
    In other words:

Higgins: "I'm not afraid to state my current position even if it is in direct conflict with my party's leader. Maybe he can change my mind, but for now here is what I think."

Collins: "I'm not expressing an opinion until my party leader tells me what my opinion is. But I can still change my mind, like that time I said I'd never run for political office again."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    Our credibility was lost in 2003 when we destroyed countries that posed us no harm what so ever for oil resources.

Oh wait I forgot, Iraq had this super Elite Army Republican Guard that the media made us feel so afraid of. We took them out in a matter of the three days.

The truth of the matter is the Republican Guards are elite troops compared with the rest of the Iraqi army, but they wouldn't score well in a worldwide competition.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I have asked 9 people so far about bombing Syria today. So far not one supported the idea.

I emailed Higgins, Gillibrand and Schumer with the following - everyone should speak up regardless of your position on the matter:

I am a life long Democrat and supporter of President Obama, however I believe we should stay out of the conflict in Syria. Please vote no on the requested authorization.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information