Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the War against Syria be voted on by Congress?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Joe Biden on NIE and Bush Impeachment

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Does the local democratic party that supported President Obama support attacking Syria?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Anyone know Higgins and Collins opinion on striking Syria?

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth View Post
    Res
    Again, you haven't learned, what I have been telling you, they are fooling you and have been all along plz WAKEUP !!!!

Res did you watch the clip?

This is what they do all the time send pictures to the USA MEDIA AND FOOL THE PUBLIC ON WHAT'S REALLY HAPPENED AND WHAT'S GOING ON.

The president no longer requires congress to declare war. Infact the UN has more say than Congress
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth View Post
    Res did you watch the clip?

This is what they do all the time send pictures to the USA MEDIA AND FOOL THE PUBLIC ON WHAT'S REALLY HAPPENED AND WHAT'S GOING ON.
    It doesn't make a difference what hte media is saying. I asked I wonder what Higgins and Collins think about this.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Where are the democrats who were protesting anti-war against President Bush?
    Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) on Wednesday circulated a letter among liberal Democrats — 12 have signed on so far — that asked Obama to “seek an affirmative decision of Congress prior to committing any U.S. military engagement to this complex crisis.”

“Let’s be clear that the letter is calling for a specific action: debate,” said Lee, a former co-chairwoman of the Congressional Progressive Caucus. “Congress must assert our authority on this issue; that’s a bipartisan cause.”

Source
    A growing number of lawmakers are calling on President Obama to secure congressional authorization for a military strike on Syria, and House Speaker John Boehner on Wednesday asked Obama in a letter to "personally make the case to the American people and Congress" for any potential intervention.

In a separate letter, 116 U.S. House members--including 18 Democrats—urged Obama to consult with Congress before taking any military action in Syria, insisting that doing otherwise would be unconstitutional.

The signers said they are ready to reconvene in Washington amid their summer recess at Obama's request to "share the burden" of the decision-making regarding a response in the Syrian conflict, according to the letter, which was set to be delivered to the White House late Wednesday. Source
    Then again, if Bush were still in charge, we'd be attacking Kazakhstan.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post
    I'm not talking about few elected officials. I mean where are the people that were protesting at bush events about going to war... Why are those same people not protesting where President Obama goes? I thought that was one reason to vote from President Obama. Basically no wars...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post
    We still have troops over there... the ones that President Obama said should come home when he was running against president Bush. Wasn't he bring that up as a topic during the debates?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Democrats rally against Iraq war

I wonder where these people are

What Happened to the Antiwar Movement?

Obama's 2002 Speech against the War delivered by Supporters

I'm not talking about few elected officials. I mean where are the people that were protesting at bush events about going to war... Why are those same people not protesting where President Obama goes? I thought that was one reason to vote from President Obama. Basically no wars...
    Because if the other guy did it he is bad if the guy they like does it its good

could u imagine the crys of indignation if Bush would be drone striking into countries we are not at war with and killing innocent babies?

The caring people only care if the other guy does it.
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    Because if the other guy did it he is bad if the guy they like does it its good

could u imagine the crys of indignation if Bush would be drone striking into countries we are not at war with and killing innocent babies?

The caring people only care if the other guy does it.
    Once again, facts elude you. President Bush started using drones in 2004, all of them in countries we were not "at war" with. Some were even allies, like Pakistan. Not that that excuses President Obama's use of drones, he's no better. But don't try to whitewash the last President's record to justify your hatred of this one.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

I'm not talking about few elected officials. I mean where are the people that were protesting at bush events about going to war... Why are those same people not protesting where President Obama goes?
    I've read about protests in Los Angelas, Chicago, New York, as well as cities around the globe.

I think you're making a false comparison of two very different situations. Bear in mind that at this point, the President is threatening intervention, not a full-blown invasion, like Bush did. And that if he decides to do anything, it will be reluctantly. He's not running around the UN begging other countries to rush into war with him. There was also zero justification to go to war under Bush. Nobody is on the floor on Congress with artists' rendering of Syria's weapons. Also, people protested not just war in general, but attacking the wrong country with no evidence with an unprepared army.

I thought that was one reason to vote from President Obama. Basically no wars...
    President Obama never claimed to be a flower child, he actually campaigned on escalating the conflict in Afghanistan. What he said he opposed were dumb, rash wars.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Mindcrime
    I think you're making a false comparison of two very different situations.
    You are a hypocrite.

You are a hypocrite.
    haha understatement of the year.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information