Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penny Stocks

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Penny Stocks

So who plays with penny stocks...

As an example

GTSO.

GTSO Negotiates Potentially Lucrative International E-Waste Transaction 5:00 AM ET 08/20/2013

Today it is at .035 but the 52 week low has been .02 cents with a 52 week high of .85 cents.

Put a buy order in when the stock drops to .025 cents as an example. Then wait for a spike to .04+ cents and sell at $7.95 a trade. If you put in $500 dollars plus your $15.90 for the transaction you can just about double up your money. That is just a loose example.

Question is can you always sell off a penny stock instantly when you see the price spike up.

https://eresearch.fidelity.com/erese...=USPR____&sb=1

Penny Stock GTSO

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    GTSO
    USD Green Technology Solutions Inc
    Last [Tick] $0.0273

Creeping down.. to that 2 cent mark.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    decisions..

It is at about 2 cents. I wonder if it will go lower or it is bottomed out.

gtso

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    still dropping

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I am absolutely no expert I just read a lot. You can easily lose your shorts on stocks. I was hoping a few other people might have chimed in on stocks that look like good investments.

Here is one stock I did move on 05-20-14. Purchased at .2032 per share. I waited too long. I was looking at this when it was about 12 cents. I'm hoping this stock hit a few bucks a share by the end of the year.

XIDEQ

EXIDE TECHNOLOGIES

https://fastquote.fidelity.com/webxp...q=3&link=Link5

By June 30th they should be announcing their reorganization and I think earnings.

Stocks seem to be fully valued, so people now are going to penny stocks to make a quick buck. Personally I would avoid them as they carry more risk than the SP 500 blue chips!

A lot of money will be going to money heaven in a few years, so in the end it really doesn't matter.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    XIDEQ

EXIDE TECHNOLOGIES is doing well. Currently up 23% since it was purchased 5/20/14

Could totally tank tomorrow.

Some good news

Exide Technologies Adds New Executive Leadership Team Members
    BY GlobeNewswire
    — 5:30 PM ET 06/11/2014

MILTON, Ga., June 11, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Exide Technologies (XIDEQ) (www.exide.com), a global leader in lead-acid battery manufacturing and recycling, announced it has appointed two new executives to lead the Company's efforts to upgrade its Vernon, California recycling facility.

The Company has named Thomas Strang as its Vice President, Environment Health & Safety – Americas, and Charles Giesige as Vice President of Recycling Operations – Americas.

Mr. Strang is responsible for developing and managing regulatory compliance programs at the Vernon operation and other Exide (XIDEQ) locations. He also is overseeing the upgrades for the Company's Vernon recycling facility. He joined Exide (XIDEQ) on May 5.

Mr. Giesige, who joins the Company on June 16, will lead strategic oversight and operations of the Exide Americas recycling division, including management of plant purchasing, productivity, quality and logistics functions. In coordination with Mr. Strang, Mr. Giesige will develop policies and programs to enhance environmental compliance.

"Tom and Chuck will drive a strong health and safety vision and culture at Exide (XIDEQ)," said Robert M. Caruso, President and Chief Executive Officer of Exide Technologies (XIDEQ). "They bring fresh perspectives and high levels of expertise to lead our efforts to upgrade our Vernon facility."

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Skim this

Now this

Penny Stocks are very volatile and sometimes hard to buy/sell. You put a sell order in and you may not find a buyer when the stock is tanking.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Check this client tip on 10/13/16

When you get a phone call and the person says "Hey do you want a stock tip?" Best thing to do is not listen. I thought about this one because "stock tips" usually don't work out. This was the first tip that a client explained how he came to the conclusion it's a good stock tip

I got in at .24 plus the 7.95 transaction on Thursday. What I normally don't do is buy more the following day but this time I did. On Friday purchase a little bit more at .37 plus the $7.95 transaction fee.

Currently I'm at 103% on the first purchase and 31% on the second. He and a few others think it should hit $1.50 to $2 as the cost of oil increases. I see the Yahoo Finance chart shows an 1 Year Target Est of $2.

So everyone knows I could be at a total loss by the end of the day. It's all timing.

The judge was deciding how BREITBURN ENERGY PARTNERS was going to come out of their bankruptcy.

This was in Forbes

The Equity Committee Trend: When Shareholders of a Bankrupt Company Hope to Get More Than Nothing

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]The publicly traded shares of Breitburn Energy Partners - at one point expected to be worth virtually nothing after Breitburn filed for bankruptcy in May - closed at 40 cents today. The reason for the surge is today’s oral ruling in the Breitburn Energy bankruptcy case, which saw Judge Stuart Bernstein of the bankruptcy court for the Southern District of New York direct the appointment of an official committee of equityholders in the case - a once-rare development that has been happening with increasing regularity in the past year. When Breitburn filed for bankruptcy on May 15, the price of the company’s stock - which had been trading on Nasdaq under the BBEP ticker and had been as high as $6.14 just a year earlier - fell to pennies.[/COLOR]
    http://finance.yahoo.com/m/c934f73a-...-trend%3A.html

BREITBURN ENERGY PARTNERS LP

http://www.breitburn.com/

BBEPQ

http://ir.breitburn.com/

Yahoo Finance Chart.

Instead of buying stocks..penny or otherwise..invest with me...I have a recently painted like new ..riveted structural BRIDGE I can sell you.
    GREAT RETURN TOO!...BRIDGES ARE ALWAYS IN DEMAND ..as vehicles need them to get to the other side!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This is working out well. It will be dumped soon.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Currently I'm at 103% on the first purchase and 31% on the second. He and a few others think it should hit $1.50 to $2 as the cost of oil increases. I see the Yahoo Finance chart shows an 1 Year Target Est of $2.

So everyone knows I could be at a total loss by the end of the day. It's all timing.

To be greedy or not to be greedy...

10/20/16 12:12 pm

First purchase is currently at 105.43% and second purchase is at 32.74% with a total increase of 73% on the investment.

I stepped away for 1 hr since starting this post and it dropped to 97.59% and 27.67% with a total increase of 67.09%

Shows you how important timing is.

I think I will sell my initial investment and leave what is left over minus the $7.95 trade fee. Or maybe not...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't know if it's Trump or not based on what I read in the news. I have people who are democrats saying the stock market highs are Obama's accomplishments.

For 2017 I earned 20.5% even with 3 stock tips I shouldn't have listened to.

Best performer so far has been adobe.

From 5/9/2017 it is up 44.42% and my second purchase 11/06/17 is up 7.66%. I was on the fence in Oct whether to purchase more and waited too long. I would have been far higher than 7% if I didn't wait.

So is the market doing well because of Obama or Trump?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information