Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two working crew chiefs are retiring. Why fill the positions?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    res, are you saying that the union is saying not to fill the positions as they are now at their limit?
    They were over limit by the way it was said. More than we needed.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    They were over limit by the way it was said. More than we needed.
    I agree with you. I was just pointing out that the union was in support of not filling the positions.
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

I am only hearing about two guys that retired. Two positions that were over and above the contractual limits. And maybe or they shoulds. Does anyone know for a fact they are going to replace these guys? If they do, it has to be approved by the Town Board right? It's up to us to let them know we don't want them replaced! We are the town tax payers right?
    Hazel
    Why is it called a prayer when people talk to God, but schizophrenia when God talks back to people?

Town Board meeting is Monday. We need people to go to the meeting and speak up about it. I can go and say stuff but if there's no one there to back me up then they just consider me to be a complainer. If you get three, four, or more questioning the same issue then they take notice.
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

1 job has been posted to be bid on

All bids are up the second crew chief went up late yesterday. Not sure but it looks like the town is not going to abolish the jobs. Also the town is looking at a lot of retirements within the next 11 to 18 months,maybe 20 to 30 guys, lots of openings for the politicians friends and family, that's what our town is noted for.
    Last edited by monkeyman; April 2nd, 2009 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
    All bids are up the second crew chief went up late yesterday. Not sure but it looks like the town is not going to abolish the jobs. Also the town is looking at a lot of retirements within the next 11 to 18 months,maybe 20 to 30 guys, lots of openings for the politicians friends and family, that's what our town is noted for.
    hmmmm..... does chris kowel(little hitler) know that there will be that many retirements maybe he will come back to town and try to get more family and friends hired. woof

.Doug Turner's commentary in today's Buffalo News sums up the way many of us feel and the fear we have for the future well being of our State.
    Take a minute and read this. With all the retirements coming up in the town work force do we need to fill all these jobs?

http://www.buffalonews.com/149/story/631134.html

Lot of chiefs for little crew wouldn't you say? isn't there one main "chief" that can tell them what to do?
    With all the retirments coming to the towns work force I beleive the town should continue to hire to replace them. You still need the services to keep the town running. If most of these jobs are blue collar you have to replace these people. I have been living in the town for 35 years and you can see the the infrastructure of the town falling apart. As for the crew chief postions it depends on the job ect.etc. The thing that bugs me is, and you hear it all the time, the people that get the jobs are either political allies with no experience at all in anything and they walk right in and run a bunch of guys. Or an employee that has been hired for a couple of years and is given a job like this crew chief job. Does the town look for experiance people to run these departments within the town? Do they know how to manage? Do they know how to supervise? From what employes tell me this is not the case.
    Politics have played a big role in the past. From what I read just on this site
    sounds like family and friensd play a big roll in the way this town operates.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    IT sure does at our expense. THere is no reason to replace those two at the same current pay scale they were at along with the same bene's package.

So you notice things are falling apart to? I'd like to know where the budget is going because it doesn't seem to be going to fix things.

IT sure does at our expense. THere is no reason to replace those two at the same current pay scale they were at along with the same bene's package.

So you notice things are falling apart to? I'd like to know where the budget is going because it doesn't seem to be going to fix things.
    Like I said long time res of this town and this what I have seen, the side roads are in very bad shape, curbs ,black top, storm drains with holes around them and caving in. Street signs bent, faded, or missing.old green steet light poles that a rotted at the bases and need painting . Street light lens missing and on my street all the light poles a rotted soon to fall over.. Town parks with more signs in them that carter has liver pills. Did you ever see some of these town garabe truck that are on the road rusty hunks of metal? Then I have to read crap like this about how this town is hiring employees! I pay taxes to look at this.

from the information i picked up today sounds like its a go for the two crew cheif jobs to be filled. now what politicial friend will get it?

Does the Town have an ethics policy? If it does I wonder if it mentions hiring friends and family? I am going to look into it.
    Hazel
    Why is it called a prayer when people talk to God, but schizophrenia when God talks back to people?

Quote Originally Posted by hazel View Post
    Does the Town have an ethics policy? If it does I wonder if it mentions hiring friends and family? I am going to look into it.
    Suprise Suprise! Suprise! The Ethics Code is as lame as can be. The only restriction on "friends and family" is in reference to loans. In other words don't bother applying for a job Mr. And Mrs. America in the Town of Cheektowaga!
    Hazel

Quote Originally Posted by hazel View Post
    Suprise Suprise! Suprise! The Ethics Code is as lame as can be. The only restriction on "friends and family" is in reference to loans. In other words don't bother applying for a job Mr. And Mrs. America in the Town of Cheektowaga!
    Unless you are in the "in crowd."
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information