Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Full market assessments coming?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    November is only 2 months away
    If that is the reason we now see they are not working in our best interest.

This would be interesting to ask each candidate before running in November.

"Will you support Bernie "give it away" Sanders or one of the other candidates that want free health care for people here illegally etc...

Lay the BS out now and nip it in the bud.

And if they start to speak political nonsense interrupt them and say "Answer the question".

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Fairness how?

If there are people who haven't had their assessments adjusted for the last 15+ years don't you think that is unfair to those who have been assessed multiple times over the last 15 years?

You saw the example I posted on facebook. Zillow has the value of a home on Pineridge at $249,000!!!!!!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...30291552_zpid/

Lets say there are a 1000 properties way under valued in the pine ridge area. Use that for the comparison home and raise all their values up. They can pay their fair share of the burden that the Cheektowaga Democrats have created for our town. Face the facts and lay the blame where is squarely belongs. Same group who will be supporting those awesome candidates the DNC is going to push come 2020.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/30...6!4d-78.794761

Look at all those homes that could benefit from having the value of their home increased. They would be thrilled. Wouldn't you be if you home was valued at $60,000 but now is reassessed to $200,000!

Just think what you can do with all that increased value. Yeah I'm being sarcastic.

Maybe when those 1000+ homes are paying more everyone else might be paying a little less. That sounds fair. Wouldn't you agree?

Perhaps the property owners in town will start to learn why and who have given us some of the highest property taxes in the USA. You vote based on party affiliation you get what you deserve. Pull that D lever and bend over. I'm not being sarcastic.
    The guy is dreaming, or it would be sold already as houses are selling fast but this was listed in June and still for sale. Lets face the fact that location is everything and If that house was East of Union Rd it would have sold at that price. But lets say his house did sell for $249k, all his neighbors would see their home values rise based on the towns current way of doing assessments.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Let's cross our fingers for the guy. We might be able to have that section of town start paying..... All in unison... "Their fair share!"

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm responding here to a post from the "Concerns of the Town of Cheektowaga taxpayers" Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7867...=group_comment

Austin Posted this

Austin
    Election Law requires said elected official be a resident of the town but there is no requirement that he be a taxpayer. The Brian Nowak on the town board lives in town but he does not own property and is not a taxpaye. He has a lot of nerve writing the above editorial.

He's just giving his opinion on the assessments. Everyone's assessment should be somewhat current. Specially if it would lower the property taxes for other residents. After all each property owner should pay their fair share of our town budget.

We would lower the tax rate to meet the current budget after we increase the "value" of the lowest "valued" homes in town.

Go look at what some homes are selling for. There is a home on Pine ridge someone thinks is "valued" at $249,000. We will use that as the "comparison home" for the homes in that area.

We have our assessor's department send a letter to all home owners around that $249,000 property and increase their property "value" higher. We will use that as a the comparison home. That's what they basically do now.

http://tocny.org/citrix/desktopweb/a...Assessors.aspx

And if the home owner objects we just use the reason the town board usually says. "Our hands are tied" and that's what homes are selling for in this area.

Some homes might only be assessed for $75,000 to $85,000. We increase the "value" of those homes to be in line with that $249,000 home. We will generate more revenue from that group of properties so other properties around town will pay less. Seems fair.

You know all those home owners will be thrilled to see their home value increase.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Who remembers this?

WNY’s property taxes highest, study confirms

It should come as no surprise that New Yorkers pay some of the highest property taxes in the country.

But a report released this week underscores that in this highly taxed state, homeowners in Western New York carry the heaviest burden.

https://www.empirecenter.org/publica...tudy-confirms/

In the Town of Cheektowaga, the tiny Village of Sloan – population 3,475 in the last census – had a rate of $64.67 per $1,000 assessed, giving it the dubious distinction of highest property tax rate anywhere in the state. A home in Sloan assessed at the median home value of $73,700 could have expected to pay $4,766 in property taxes in 2013.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Electric

The red location market is that $249,000 home. 308 Pine Ridge.

Look at all the homes who's value just increased because we'll use that $249,000 figure for comparison. 308 Pine ridge doesn't even have a pool and look at what someone thinks it's worth.

I wonder how many homes are within 1/2 mile of that address. Might be 500 thrilled property owners who's value just doubled.

So if 500 homes were paying $3000 a year in taxes and their investment doubled in value they would pay twice as much in taxes right? And if that area contributes their fair share it would lower the amount of taxes needed from the other home owners.

Example: If 500 homes were paying $3000 a year in taxes and their value double they would now pay $6000 a year.

$3000 increase X 500 homes = $1,500,000 more from that group of home. That is $1,500,000 less the rest of the home owners have to pay towards the budget.

308 pine ridge

Electric

The red location market is that $249,000 home. 308 Pine Ridge.

Look at all the homes who's value just increased because we'll use that $249,000 figure for comparison. 308 Pine ridge doesn't even have a pool and look at what someone thinks it's worth.

I wonder how many homes are within 1/2 mile of that address. Might be 500 thrilled property owners who's value just doubled.

So if 500 homes were paying $3000 a year in taxes and their investment doubled in value they would pay twice as much in taxes right? And if that area contributes their fair share it would lower the amount of taxes needed from the other home owners.

Example: If 500 homes were paying $3000 a year in taxes and their value double they would now pay $6000 a year.

$3000 increase X 500 homes = $1,500,000 more from that group of home. That is $1,500,000 less the rest of the home owners have to pay towards the budget.

Location is everything and only a fool who did not do his research would pay that much money for a home in that part of town that is in ear shot of Buffalo's drug dealing, gun-slinging, crime infested hell hole known as the east side.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    Location is everything and only a fool who did not do his research would pay that much money for a home in that part of town that is in ear shot of Buffalo's drug dealing, gun-slinging, crime infested hell hole known as the east side.
    Who cares? I just want to pay lower property taxes. It's there problem not mine. Yeah that's that attitude. And if they don't like it they can move. I learned a lot watching the Cheektowaga Democratic Party over the years. "our hands are tied".... Sorry... Here's your new assessment. Enjoy.

I liked Barbara Harmel response on your group page.

So is anyone else running against their candidates this round?

308 Pine Ridge Rd won't have any impact on comps until it sells. That's when it becomes a comparable.

It's priced that way because Real Estate agents are stupid and so are some sellers. They are asking about 15% more than the area per square foot when typically the larger the home the less per square foot. It's been on the market for close to 100 days and will likely remain on the market until the listing is pulled.

It would not even appraise for close to list. So unless there is some idiot with $250k in cash wanting to buy here...it's nothing.

My School tax bill shows my market value went up. I did not receive any notification from the town telling me about this or a chance to contest it.

Has anyone else's market value on their school tax bill gone up from last year? check here: http://www.tocny.org/Departments/TaxOffice.aspx

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    308 Pine Ridge Rd won't have any impact on comps until it sells. That's when it becomes a comparable.

It's priced that way because Real Estate agents are stupid and so are some sellers. They are asking about 15% more than the area per square foot when typically the larger the home the less per square foot. It's been on the market for close to 100 days and will likely remain on the market until the listing is pulled.

It would not even appraise for close to list. So unless there is some idiot with $250k in cash wanting to buy here...it's nothing.
    Sucker born every minute.

I said they "think" it's worth $249,000. Good enough for me to use to increase the value of all the home around that area. Wouldn't you want to see your home investment double in value? Just think what you can do with that "value".

Either way homes should all be assessed within a fair amount of time so everyone at least on the low end is paying what they should. You get to a point where the "perceived" high value of a home is so high you are just getting screwed on the cost of services.

Why the hell should someone who's home is valued at $200,000 pay more to have their tote emptied each week compared to someone who's home is valued at $60,000?

I want those homes to go up in value so the property owners in Cheektowaga finally realize what the people from the Cheektowaga Democratic Party did to our town. I certainly hope we have much more qualified people negotiating for the property owners best interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    My School tax bill shows my market value went up. I did not receive any notification from the town telling me about this or a chance to contest it.

Has anyone else's market value on their school tax bill gone up from last year? check here: http://www.tocny.org/Departments/TaxOffice.aspx
    In Lancaster, my market value goes up every year as the equalization rate has been dropping every year.
    Next year, we will be at 100%. Then, we'll see what happens.

If you start out at $100,000 assessment at 100% equalization rate, your market value would be $100,000
    If your assessment is $100,000 at 93% equalization rate, your market value would be $107,527
    If your assessment is $100,000 at 85% equalization rate, your market value would be $117,647

Notification is given when assessments go up, not market values. At least, that's the way I understand it.

PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong in my understanding
    Last edited by gorja; September 14th, 2019 at 06:00 AM.

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Gorja?

Can you point me to the tax per $1000 table you posted up a while back.

It showed each town and we we pay per $1000 or it was per $100,000

There is a private cheektowaga facebook page and someone thinks taxes in Amherst are higher than Cheektowaga.

Gorja?

Can you point me to the tax per $1000 table you posted up a while back.

It showed each town and we we pay per $1000 or it was per $100,000

There is a private cheektowaga facebook page and someone thinks taxes in Amherst are higher than Cheektowaga.
    http://www2.erie.gov/ecrpts/sites/ww...Comparison.pdf

you can find that and more at the bottom of the county real property website
    http://www2.erie.gov/ecrpts/index.ph...-parcel-search

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Thank you. Yeah that's it.

Later I'll find the post on facebook where the woman made a comment she's not paying the taxes that Amherst has.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information