Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russ Thompson’s speech highlights Buffalo tea Party

Russ Thompson’s speech highlights Buffalo tea Party

"What a great day for the people of Western New York," says Grand Island activist Russ Thompson. "It is time for Albany to wake up, we demand change and it has to start at the top starting with the removal of Sheldon Silver, the number one obstructionist in New York State. Here is a small list of our demands. The ball is in your court, we WILL hold you Accountable."

More...

Unregistered
    I hope organizers of future tea parties learned a lesson from yesterdays event, and will use louder, clearer sounding PA systems for future events.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    I hope organizers of future tea parties learned a lesson from yesterdays event, and will use louder, clearer sounding PA systems for future events.
    You're such a pessimistic a-hole
    Meh....at least you were able to attend. I couldn't be there.

Just the same, thank you Mr. Russ Thompson for the "representation" of those not able to participate. Today I saw a flier about mailing a teabag. Can anyone give more details regarding this?

In the future, we need people with equipment to step up. Rus did this on his own time and dime.

On April 18, we are at Club W with a great sound system, videos, etc.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Surfin said he might look into pa systems to see what they go for. If I can swing it with some help from our readers we'll get one that the activist groups can "sign out" to use for their events. How would that be? Anyone know anything about that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski View Post
    In the future, we need people with equipment to step up. Rus did this on his own time and dime.

it was nice of Rus to provide the PA on his "dime".............seems like a stand-up guy , the dramatics of the "period costume" , well , I just don't know.......
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski View Post

I haven't been to club W since it was JADE, did they renovate it because i don't remember it being THAT big, especially if they plan on a lot more people. It's great to see Chris offering up his space, I met him years ago through a good mutual friend!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by dgrzeb View Post
    ...the dramatics of the "period costume" , well , I just don't know.......
    I understand your opinion but think Russ was trying to get the theme across to everyone, which he did. I want to thank everyone that was involved in organizing the event. They did the “heavy lifting” we just had to show up.

I was glad to see the amount of people that did show up but hope even more show up to the next event. It would be really impressive to see 2000 people show up to the next one! So please, if you couldn’t make it to this one try to make it to the next. It was mentioned during the event that people must get out from behind their keyboards and let their voices be heard. If anything, HOPEFULLY our local leaders would take notice that people are actually fed up and are beginning to organize.

At the very least, if our leaders see the CSEA have a rally with 2000 people but the opposition only has 200 who do you think they will continue to represent?

...the dramatics of the "period costume" , well , I just don't know.......
    If he's presiding over an event meant to symbolically represent the Boston Tea Party, I give him props for having the stones to go all the way. You want to label him as an outspoken radical? I think a man of his allegiance would consider that as a compliment!

Just some stuff being said about yesterday

http://thebuffalobean.com/2009/03/28...y-mad-as-hell/

Buffalo Tea Party: Mad As Hell

Mad as hell.

That seemed to be the most popular slogan amongst the huge crowd of attendees of the Buffalo Tea Party. People of all ages and backgrounds were there to express their anger against a government that has been gradually chipping away at our freedoms over the years. With corruption and secrecy as the norm in this state, the in crowd were clear with their message: enough is enough, we’re not going to take it anymore.

I truly didn’t know what to expect before I got there. I didn’t even know the tea party was being planned until recently. I was surprised, not only by the enormous crowd, but by the intensity of all the participants. These are people who are truly paying attention, and they see what is going is going on and are furious. Taxes. fees, surcharges… The see that the money they work hard is being extorted in all sorts of new ways, only to be spent recklessly by politicians who claim to be looking out for their best interests.

When I looked around, I didn’t see Republicans, Democrats, or Independents… I didn’t liberals or conservatives. I saw Americans who remember that this country was founded by people who fought against big and obtrusive government.

I took a bunch of pictures at the event. http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattmar...7616038389908/

Another tea party in Buffalo is in the works. April 18th at The W Club, 199 Delaware Avenue. 1-5 PM. There will be a an educational forum and a protest march down to Niagara Square.

There were some information pamplets passed out, produced by Rus Thompson, who put the whole event together. but there were more people there than there were pamplets, so I’ll post some information from that list for those who didn’t get one.

There was a list of recommended websites for everyone to keep informed.

Albany’s Insanity
    Free New York
    Political Class Dismissed
    Primary Challenge
    New Liberty
    The Buffalo Bean (thanks Rus for including this site)
    We The People Foundation
    Give Me Liberty
    ReformNYS Forum
    VoteSmart

If you didn’t make it to this tea party, I encourage you to participate in the Nationwide Tea Party on April 18th.

Quote Originally Posted by Enough View Post
    I understand your opinion but think Russ was trying to get the theme across to everyone, which he did. I want to thank everyone that was involved in organizing the event. They did the “heavy lifting” we just had to show up.

I was glad to see the amount of people that did show up but hope even more show up to the next event. It would be really impressive to see 2000 people show up to the next one! So please, if you couldn’t make it to this one try to make it to the next. It was mentioned during the event that people must get out from behind their keyboards and let their voices be heard. If anything, HOPEFULLY our local leaders would take notice that people are actually fed up and are beginning to organize.

At the very least, if our leaders see the CSEA have a rally with 2000 people but the opposition only has 200 who do you think they will continue to represent?
    thanks enough , I understand his "idea" , but it loses "street cred" IMHO , but that's my opinion , as far as blaming CSEA , AFL-CIO , AFSCME , etc. , there is some abuse in unions as there is in any organization , but you still have to take a serious look at the 1% who "control" 90% of the money & the 10% who "control" 99% of the monies.........they've figured the way to break us ALL down , outsourcing , import/export quotas that is unfair in comparison to foreign nations , the Euro & their conspiracy to kill us off.....the little/middle guy has gotten killed in this , they've managed to pit us against one another instead of against them.........their greed & the "love of money , & MORE & MORE of it , IS the root of evil" !
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

thanks enough , I understand his "idea" , but it loses "street cred" IMHO , but that's my opinion , as far as blaming CSEA , AFL-CIO , AFSCME , etc. , there is some abuse in unions as there is in any organization , but you still have to take a serious look at the 1% who "control" 90% of the money & the 10% who "control" 99% of the monies.........they've figured the way to break us ALL down , outsourcing , import/export quotas that is unfair in comparison to foreign nations , the Euro & their conspiracy to kill us off.....the little/middle guy has gotten killed in this , they've managed to pit us against one another instead of against them.........their greed & the "love of money , & MORE & MORE of it , IS the root of evil" !
    Couple interesting points in your post......

They have figured out a way to break us down. It's been "divide and conquer". They have pitted us against each other and it's intentional.

Another thing is the money. As my catch phrase says, "Follow the money, find the truth". It's always about the money! Don't listen to a thing these politicians say, just watch the money and you'll find their true motivation.

IMHO, and I briefly discussed this with Tony yesterday, I think if we want to truly have an effect with a "tea party" movement we MUST NOT go after politicians head to head, we'll never win.

We must reform campaign contributions. We must try to do something to put a salary cap in campaigning. If we can eliminate the financial aspect of running in politics and the huge political war chests we may be able to take away their true motivation in voting the way they do!

Let’s say you can collect $1 Million (Hypothetical) to run for County Executive. You can collect $1 Million from 1 person or organization or you can collect $100,000 from 10 people. But once you collect $1 Million that’s it! NO MORE!!! Take away the financial influence that makes these politicians legislate the way they do!

If we could implement rules that state when you run for County Executive you can only spend (and collect) $xxx.xx dollars you may be able to create a fair fight. If we do that for all positions eventually in the state maybe we can take away the money that influences their vote!

To all you patriots who attended Barvo Zulo. I will be at the next one with a bunch of Patriots. Enough and Surf lets roll.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Surfin said he might look into pa systems to see what they go for. If I can swing it with some help from our readers we'll get one that the activist groups can "sign out" to use for their events. How would that be? Anyone know anything about that stuff.

I think effighy might be up on that stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information