Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Protest "Earth Hour"

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    I like your idea! until Al gore gives up his plane and SUV, his globel warming argument has no validity!
    And by the way, this is like saying you won't believe me that poop smells bad until I get an air freshener in my bathroom.

...assinine....
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it View Post
    And by the way, this is like saying you won't believe me that poop smells bad until I get an air freshener in my bathroom.

...assinine....

No it's called leadership and hypocracy! How can someone who blames everyone for the worlds problem and flies around the world and has a huge utility bill be taken seriously!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    I like your idea! until Al gore gives up his plane and SUV, his globel warming argument has no validity!
    When he leads by example I might follow. I highly doubt it, but I might take him more seriously. I doubt that too. Aww, heck. Global warming is a farce. It's an idea produced to tax more people. We'll see what happens when he has to pay his own tax.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Because saving electricity (and money) is such a baaaaad idea!

And for what it's worth Lacks...those who understand that energy resources are NOT infinite and recognize the value of using and thereby polluting less are NOT in the 'minority.'
    It is infinite windmills ! windills ! swindelmills LOL put them evrywhere we are saved free grenn energy. Turn on the lights all is good in Obama land .

I believe in science. Science tells me that there can only be so much oil under our crust. Science tells me that there can only be so much coal. Science tells me that these things take millenia to produce more. Science tells me that burning these things causes pollution. Science tells me that pollution affects our air, water, and soil to make it less than or completely unfit for our use. I think anyone who can't look at science and accept it is a loony.

No I don't think that Niagara Falls is going to shut off. But yes, one of the possible consequences of Global Warming is that there won't be as much snow, causing not as much runoff into the lakes, causing less water to come through the river, causing less water pressure and therefore electricity coming out of the power project. And, as detractors like to say, all those 'natural' electicity sources (water, solar, wind) can't POSSIBLY ever give us enough energy to maintain our power consumption.

As far as public spending? I have no problem with constant, rolling ,across the board reviews and efficiency cuts. However, I do view much of it as both morally and practicably necessary. I DON'T view excess energy waste as necessary in any sense. So if some people want to make a point of using less energy, thereby saving a little bit of money out of their OWN pockets, what's your problem?

And by the way, when the end of the month comes and your electric bill is $3 more than your neighbor's because he turned out all his lights and you blazed everything you could find....won't that make you feel a little stupid? (hint: it should)

By the way, Lacks...when was the last time, as a conservative, YOU were wrong?
    You believe ??? What did they tell you in school that oil came from ? Decaying dinosaurs and organic plant matter ? They said we were running out of oil in 1972.....37 years ago ??? How many freaking dinosaurs and plant matter do you think there was ?? There are currnetly scientists that say oil is constantly being produce in the earths core due to heat and we will not run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    Your reply is what the problem with the Liberal movement in this country. The Liberals belive they are the only group that understands everthing and are never wrong.

Why do you worry about saving money when you seem to support the outlandish spending in the public sector.
    You don't like conserving energy, simply because Liberals do like it. That is what makes you, and millions of others, a fool.

Liberals do not have a monopoly on caring about the environment.

Sydney, Beijing, Makati, the Acropolis, Petronas Tower and the Sphinx turned out the lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Chez Conservative View Post
    Liberals do not have a monopoly on caring about the environment.

Sydney, Beijing, Makati, the Acropolis, Petronas Tower and the Sphinx turned out the lights.

You're proving the point though..

It's ridiculous for Mr. Lack-of-wanna to virulently oppose this protest simply because some of it's major advocates are Liberal.

That doesn't make it any less of a good idea.
    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mohandas Gandhi

Another example of the myopic "well intentioned" idiots trying to put a band aid on a cancer patient. The problem isn't diminishing energy sources...the problem is an overly expanding population which consumes those resources. Rather than shut off lights for an hour, people should stop reproducing for an hour......

The real problem with overpopulation, of course, is that is exponentially increases the stupidity factor in humanity.
    "The horror........The horror..........."

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
    You're proving the point though..

It's ridiculous for Mr. Lack-of-wanna to virulently oppose this protest simply because some of it's major advocates are Liberal.

That doesn't make it any less of a good idea.
    Flutter didn't turn all of her lights out last night.

I was watching.

What's the point....

You turn off your lights and the power companies are just going to charge more for "delivering" the power to you home, just like the Thruway Authority. Their last excuse was, "We have to raise tolls because less people are using the thruway and revenues are down".

If that doesn't happen the money that's saved is just going to get sucked up to build a waterfront, balance a budget or be redistributed to someone our government thinks is more deserving than me.

It is a massive gesture that raises awareness and brings a sense of unity (conserving natural resources) to a variety of groups. It truly is not something to get upset and worked up over. If you are, you are wasting your own energy and truly missing the point.

Reducing population would help.

http://www.overpopulation.org/older.html

justKel
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post

I was watching.
    Flutter wasn't home last night. And that all depends on which house you're talking about. We weren't at any one of the three of them last night until late

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post

I was watching.
    We were still sitting at Star of India enjoying a delicious meal at 8:30 last night.

Alas, they didn't turn the lights off in the restaurant!
    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mohandas Gandhi

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by justKel View Post
    Flutter wasn't home last night. And that all depends on which house you're talking about. We weren't at any one of the three of them last night until late
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
    We were still sitting at Star of India enjoying a delicious meal at 8:30 last night.

Alas, they didn't turn the lights off in the restaurant!
    I know you weren't home, but that doesn't change the fact that there were lights on at both homes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information