Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Americorps

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofCharles View Post
    Is it up to the Board to call a hearing and issue subpoenas or is that something the Supervisor can do on his own?
    The Supervisor should bring it to the board and publicly if it fails he can say he at least tried, if he doesn't then he should keep quiet about not being able to proceed because in reality he is not serious or is disingenuous.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    The Supervisor should bring it to the board and publicly if it fails he can say he at least tried, if he doesn't then he should keep quiet about not being able to proceed because in reality he is not serious or is disingenuous.
    There in lies the problems. He has brought a lot of motions to the Board concerning the Youth Bureau and Americorps and has been shot down each time. I fear he is shot down simply out of spite and these denials are designed to discredit him politically, which seems to have worked.

I do agree however that he should be taking a stronger stance than he has been and needs to get some of these issues on the record for the public to see and hear. I believe he is serious and not at all disingenuous, he simply came into office with a lot of momentum very focused on getting things done. He has accepted that he is not in the majority with the rest of the Board Members and perhaps thinks raisinging these issues is a waste of time considering he has an entire town to run. But just because he isn't in the majority on the Town Board doesn't mean he isn't in the majority at Town Hall and in the pubic.

There in lies the problems. He has brought a lot of motions to the Board concerning the Youth Bureau and Americorps and has been shot down each time. I fear he is shot down simply out of spite and these denials are designed to discredit him politically, which seems to have worked.
    He came in with a plurality. Graber was on his side, and he and Meeghan would meet in his office, and then something changed and even Meeghan has voted against him on occasion. One problem is he has poor people skills, and his poor attitude shows at board meetings. Then came out of the blue his endorcement of downsizing the board. That is something a town supervisor should never have gotten involved with. Grass roots effort is one thing, but town supervisor is another, and he burned all his bridges with that one. He is probably hoping Andrew's mother will run for TB, or the referendum helps him.
    I do agree however that he should be taking a stronger stance than he has been and needs to get some of these issues on the record for the public to see and hear.
    Finally, you agree with something.
    I believe he is serious and not at all disingenuous, he simply came into office with a lot of momentum very focused on getting things done. He has accepted that he is not in the majority with the rest of the Board Members and perhaps thinks raisinging these issues is a waste of time considering he has an entire town to run.
    Excuses, excuses. He sucks at his job, admit it. He will never be a good town administrator, and no he doesn't have an entire town to run, he has department heads to do that. He is not in the majority because he could not keep his majority, or convince others to follow him in other to make a majority.
    But just because he isn't in the majority on the Town Board doesn't mean he isn't in the majority at Town Hall and in the pubic.
    Therein lies the question, how popular is WP? Sling enough **** and everyone gets dirty. He is not a natural politician. He is not pleasant and outgoing. He has not produced results, and I think the public would consider a personable alternative.

First of all, I don't believe he supports downsizing, he supports the people's right to decide on the issue. I agree though that downsizing is something that never should have come up. If we had a 7 person Board, I would say go down to 5, but 3? I would sooner ask for the Board Members to take $10,000 salaries (as one of them did) than simply cut 2 of them.

As far as his popularity, its more the popularity of his ideas and what the people are willing to support, not the man himself.

He can't produce results because he is out voted. If the other Board Members objected to his ideas, thats one thing. Personally, I believe they vote against him simply because they don't like him. They do not have to agree with every issue I do for me to support them. They simply have to act in the best interest of the people and give supporting arguments for why they do what they do. Right now they are doing whatever they want out of self interest and spite, and that is something I do not support.

I believe the supervisor does support the downsizing and I further believe he supports it as a political power play rather than any notion of citizen choice or economics.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    I believe the supervisor does support the downsizing and I further believe he supports it as a political power play rather than any notion of citizen choice or economics.
    If that does turn out to be the case, then shame on him. And shame on anyone that would support it simply with the idea of getting Bove and Graber out of there. We have an election coming up in November that will give the voters the opportunity for that.

If that does turn out to be the case, then shame on him. And shame on anyone that would support it...
    It is pretty obvious that there is no IF about it, and yes shame on Wallace Piotrowski.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information