Quote Originally Posted by SabreTooth View Post
not for nothing, but why do you think the cheektowaga residents want to know about bidding out sanitation and downsizing the board? only you, nogods and wnyres seem to be pushing for this and your not even a ceektowaga resident. you don't even have any knowledge of how government contracts work. i do know that there is a minimum employee clause in the town union contract. if you bid out sanitation, what are yu going to do with the other workers you have to keep on the payroll? are you going to let them sit home to get paid while we pay for a private contractor to pick up our trash? the taxpayers care more about the hight taxes than bidding out sanitation and downsizing the board.
Uh? I'm a resident of Cheektowaga - I changed my residency in 2009 from my home in Amherst. I own homes in both Amherst and Cheektowaga.

There is nothing standing in the way of privatizing sanitation other than politics. The issues in the existing contract can be dealt with. In fact, just exploring privatization can cause the public employees union to deal more realistically. It's a chip town administrators need to put on the table.

Marty Holts is afraid to play it.