Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Primary - Cheektowaga Town Board

Yes, I heard the same thing. They may have went to some informational meeting like any of us could do. But, that is all. It was 100% negotiated by Benderson.

I hope the Cheektowaga voters help the women KICK A$$ tomorrow. Tired of these falsified campaign mailers. Just hope the less informed don't fall for the 3 amigos shenanigans

Georgia L Schlager

Diane was a *gasp!* Republican! So. What?
    Yes, she was a Republican, so were Charlie Markel and Jerry Kaminski.
    It seems to have been that the only way to get elected in Cheektowaga was to switch parties.
    When people start looking at the person running and not what line they're on, maybe we'll finally get things turned around.
    When people stop the machine that has been running Cheektowaga for decades, then, maybe, things will change.
    As far a Diane being toxic? That's such nonsense! I've known Diane for quite some time. I've known her to be intelligent, fair and even keeled. We need more of her and less of the machine.
    I say "Vote out the machine." Vote out Kasnowski and Rogowski. I don't know who Meyers is. But if he's being endorsed by Gorski, I don't think I need to know so much.
    Vote for Diane. I don't know Dearmyer or Fisher. But, to me, as a Cheektowaga taxpayer, I think we need something better than what we have now. I think we need fresh faces.
    There are only 2 council members worth their salt on the current board and they're not running for re-election. It's time to start cleaning house. It starts now.

FTR - I'm neither Republican nor Democrat. I'm just me, Sue
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    Diane was a *gasp!* Republican! So. What?
    Yes, she was a Republican, so were Charlie Markel and Jerry Kaminski.
    It seems to have been that the only way to get elected in Cheektowaga was to switch parties.
    When people start looking at the person running and not what line they're on, maybe we'll finally get things turned around.
    When people stop the machine that has been running Cheektowaga for decades, then, maybe, things will change.
    As far a Diane being toxic? That's such nonsense! I've known Diane for quite some time. I've known her to be intelligent, fair and even keeled. We need more of her and less of the machine.
    I say "Vote out the machine." Vote out Kasnowski and Rogowski. I don't know who Meyers is. But if he's being endorsed by Gorski, I don't think I need to know so much.
    Vote for Diane. I don't know Dearmyer or Fisher. But, to me, as a Cheektowaga taxpayer, I think we need something better than what we have now. I think we need fresh faces.
    There are only 2 council members worth their salt on the current board and they're not running for re-election. It's time to start cleaning house. It starts now.

FTR - I'm neither Republican nor Democrat. I'm just me, Sue
    PS: I get that it's a primary and there is only one party to vote in. But there are 2 quite different types (lines) of democrats here the same ole same ole and fresh, new and for the people
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

I am seeing this more and more why can't these people who run for office state they are Republicans or Democrats or even Independents ... I get no balance you don't get my VOTE !!

Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I hope the Cheektowaga voters help the women KICK A$$ tomorrow. Tired of these falsified campaign mailers. Just hope the less informed don't fall for the 3 amigos shenanigans
    You are so right gorja!! After all, this primary could (and should) be THE YEAR OF THE WOMAN!!!

In my opinion, Frank Max and Steve Pigeon just can't control women. With men, they ALWAYS seem to gain total control of them. But with women, it NEVER works out that way. Women tend to know that they can stand up to these politicians, but men (like Rogowski and Meyer) just cower when Max raises his voice.

Local government needs MORE women. Max BLOCKS women candidates - HE CANNOT CONTROL WOMEN!!!!

Maybe Max sees that with more women on the Town Board, he will be KICKED TO THE CURB, where trash belongs!!!

Just go to the polls, AND THINK WOMEN!!!!!

Cheektowaga will be better off with these men having less power, and, this is the seat vacated by Patricia Jaworowicz, so it would seem natural for another woman filling Pat's seat, and hopefully, even more women replacing these horrible politicians Rogowski and Meyer.

Send corrupt, crooked, con man Frank Max a message today: ENOUGH OF THE GOOD OLE BOYS!!! They had their chance - and they socked it to Cheektowaga Town property tax payers over and over and over. Max needs your taxes to keep all the patronage jobs in Cheektowaga for his corrupt political army of male thugs.

You can stop that by voting for WOMEN today, just WOMEN.

If women win tonite, Max will be OUT!!!!!
    Last edited by Breezy; September 10th, 2013 at 08:41 AM. Reason: oops typo

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You are so right gorja!! After all, this primary could (and should) be THE YEAR OF THE WOMAN!!!
    It should be the year of the "qualified" not the year of the woman or man.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    It should be the year of the "qualified" not the year of the woman or man.
    Thank you!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You see where I am coming from. To vote for someone based on their sex is not a responsible thing to do.

We have elderly and you families who live in our town. Decisions that are made by our town board effect everyone.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    How long will it be before we know who is running in the general election.

I didn't post that meaning that people should vote for them because they are women but vote them because they're not part of the status quo. They are not sending out mailers falsifying facts like the other three. I can't stand it when they make **** up and advertise it as gospel

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That is all going to bite them in the butt.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    http://erieelectionresults.com/Cheektowaga.aspx

Currently

D BENCZKOWSKI, DIANE M 2,439 24%
    D GAWEL, NICOLE M 1,501 15%
    D KAZNOWSKI III, STANLEY J 1,742 17%
    D MEYERS, TIMOTHY J 2,143 21%
    D ROGOWSKI, JAMES P 2,291 23%
    Office Totals 10,116 100%

Congrats to Diane. She showed how a hard worked, classy campaign will get results. So I guess she was "toxic" ,but toxic to the 3 idiots who she ran against. We'll see if any lessons were learned from the primary yesterday by the remaining incumbent and the newest yes man going into the fall election, maybe they can tone down their idiocy level a bit. (I know, I know, they had "nothing to do with it", "didn't approve", "didn't know who did it", etc etc)

The Cheektowaga Town Democratic Committee really has some soul searching to do after Tuesday's pummeling by Democratic voters.

Do they continue on a path of repeated losses, while unbelievably, swagger is what marks their very essence?

Under Frank Max: Judge Kolbert, Judge Vallone, Councilman Zydel, now Councilman Kaznowski, Zydel again, plus Moore all defeated by Cheektowaga Town voters, and all beaten decisively, to be sure. Supervisor Holtz was only able to hold on because she had her own campaign team separate from what Frank Max was doing for Mary. It's just fantastic when you think about it, all these losses by Max were the premier campaigns those years, too, in Cheektowaga.

There are political bodies scattered all across the floor and the Democratic town chairman is courting Chris Jacobs and Stefan Mychajliw?

I can't help but remember the Spring Brunch when you could argue Frank Max was at the height of his loudmouthed braggadocio. Every seat in the room was full, people standing around because there was no more room to sit. Every and any political player with any sense of self-promotion was there. It was textbook. One politician after another "jockeying for position," with the "political-wannabes" and "up-and-comers" marveling in awe at all the political sights that spring morning. You would think that the absolute of "anything political" in this area ceased to exist, and the only thing that mattered that morning was to be in that room with the Cheektowaga Progressive Democrats, and the "all powerful" Frank Max. What a difference a few months can make.

All the King's Horses and all the King's Men!!!

Look at the results from Tuesday, their main target Diane B. getting the most votes. Nicole G. getting over 1,500 Democratic votes and she's the Republican candidate in the fall, just 250 votes less than "Endorsed" candidate Stan Kaznowski. If primary voters are supposed to be Democratic stalwarts then Nicole has a great chance of winning in November. Diane B. is a shoe-in, but knowing her she will run like there's no tomorrow. Heck, either Rogowski or Meyers, or BOTH, could end up losing in November by a hungry GOP with some great issues: Frank Max and the REFUSAL of Cheektowaga incumbents to downsize their HUGE Town Board.

Who would believe that the best position to be in today is a REPUBLICAN running for Town Board in Cheektowaga??? You can thank Frank Max for that.

Just look at the mailers on here and you can see why their candidates got pummeled. The "toxic" mailer helping Diane B. the most. The mailers for Zydel and Moore probably hurting them, too. Racist mailers paid by Tim Kennedy and Steve Pigeon and Frank Max. 25% of Cheektowaga voters now being African-American and Tim Kennedy sending racist mailers to their homes. Dennis Gorski coming out of retirement to endorse Zydel, Moore, Kaznowski, Rogowski, and Meyers, and that having no positive effect whatsoever.

And again I think back to the Spring Brunch and all the arrogance oozing out of the Creekside Banquet Hall that morning. They (Max, Kennedy, Pigeon, and the others) had arrived, and they were all-powerful, you know! Watch the primary come September and they'll show you. They did have all the important political players on their side, after all.

What a difference on this day in September.

Cheektowaga Town Democrats have some pretty big problems now, especially with their "brand" representing nothing more than maintaining the status quo in the Town Sanitation Department and reduction in the size of their Town Board. The "good old boys" bumbling from one election loss to another, with the proof shown right on here in the crap they're sending out to voters for the entire world to see. Just look at the mailers are judge for yourself. "Tim Meyers - Help me keep our family traditions." Are you kidding me??

If the party continues on like nothing is happening they most certainly face additional loss. Soul searching for sure, a lot of that is needed now.

Seems like every seven or eight years or so the Cheektowaga Town Democratic Committee implodes. Last few times it was Burst, then Meyers. After all his losses, it might be too late for Max, too, we will see. But I still believe that Mary Holtz should grow a spine and stand up to Max once and for all. She most certainly has the ammunition. That would go a long way in straightening out this Cheektowaga Democratic Party mess under Frank Max.

LOL
    Last edited by Breezy; September 14th, 2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: typo

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information