Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primary - Cheektowaga Town Board

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Nicole Gawel Cheektowaga Town Council

http://www.cheektowagatowncouncil.com/

https://www.facebook.com/votenicolegawel

Experience:

Education

Cleveland Hill High School- Graduated with a Regents with Honors Diploma.

Medaille College- Graduated in three years with a Bachelor of Science in Media Communications. She graduated Cum Laude with a 3.68 GPA.

Friends of Night People

Development Assistant at Friends of Night People, Nicole is in charge of coordinating the volunteers, assisting in fundraising, presenting to companies, churches, etc., helps plan special events, participates in various outreach events with colleges, high schools and community events, and manages the social media sites.

Cheektowaga Senior Center Foundation Board

Currently she serves on the board helping in fundraising initiatives and spreading the word on what the foundation does and who they help. The Cheektowaga Senior Foundation Board fundraises in order to provide the Cheektowaga Senior Center with various equipment and services that are not in the budget provided by the town. She has been on the board since September 2011.

Metro Group

Nicole was a reporter responsible for all content, photographs, layout, etc. for both the North and South Cheektowaga papers. While at the paper she delved into every aspect of the town, attending most events, reporting on board meetings, getting the police reports, etc. She also served as editor of WNY Woman’s Magazine. She did various blog posts on hit shows, women’s issues, etc. Nicole was there for four years.

Entercom/STAR 102.5

For almost five years, starting as an intern, Nicole assisted Rob Lucas in the Morning.

Intern

While in college, Nicole interned at Gelia, Wells & Mohr, a public relations firm; and ArtVoice.

I would sure support Nicole before Rogowski and Meyer!

what is current job or profession?

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    what is current job or profession?
    Development Assistant at Friends of Night People, Nicole is in charge of coordinating the volunteers, assisting in fundraising, presenting to companies, churches, etc., helps plan special events, participates in various outreach events with colleges, high schools and community events, and manages the social media sites.

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    img025

img026

If Nicole and Diane get in, I hope they stand with Angela and request refuse contract bids. No one will ever know whether the residents would save money or not save money by privatizing, if not tested. If privatized, would all single family properties have the same garbage rate or would the rate still be based on assessment?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    If Nicole and Diane get in, I hope they stand with Angela and request refuse contract bids. No one will ever know whether the residents would save money or not save money by privatizing, if not tested. If privatized, would all single family properties have the same garbage rate or would the rate still be based on assessment?
    Diane wouldn't respond to a question about her position on privatizing the refuse collection.

Maybe someone can get Nicole to come on and tell us here position.

Wrong thread...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Diane wouldn't respond to a question about her position on privatizing the refuse collection.

Maybe someone can get Nicole to come on and tell us here position.
    You don't really need a position on it, you just have to weigh the options to see what is more economical. We are losing population. That isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    You don't really need a position on it, you just have to weigh the options to see what is more economical. We are losing population. That isn't good.
    I agree. Just bid it out and let the chips fall where they may. To this question - "If elected, will you be requesting bids for privatizing the refuse contract to see if savings may be had by the taxpayers? I'm not a Cheektowagan but your response would be appreciated here - http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/showthread.php?526652-Primary-Cheektowaga-Town-Board&p=1178203&viewfull=1#post1178203?" Nicole stated, "Of course I would. It would only be fair to the taxpayers if the bids were lower to privatize the collection of refuse."

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    "I would seek bids from private companies to assess the options" is a position on the issue. I'm not asking the candidates to pick a or b, I'm just asking them to state their position on the issues whatever they be. "I'll work for the taxpayer's benefit" isn't a position, it is BS.

Yikes...Nicole Gawel is posting stuff on her facebook page without thinking it through. First she attacked the propoesed 100% FMV assessment proposal 9which she appears to have re-thought and removed from her website), but then she posted this gem:

One resident, whom I spoke with yesterday, was excited to meet me. She loved my Polish last name and the fact I was a female. She and her husband vote Polish first and female.
    While that may be true, a candidate does not want to promote voting based on gender, or heritage, or race, or religion. Focusing on such characteristics as the sole reason to vote for a candidate will alienate people who aren't the same gender, race, national heritage, or religion.

Sure, we know people vote based on such things, but a candidate should ask people to vote for them based their positions on the issues rather than their race, heritage, religion, or gender.

Don't you think that she was just trying to be cute and was not seriously promoting voting for her because she is a Polish female?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Don't you think that she was just trying to be cute and was not seriously promoting voting for her because she is a Polish female?
    I don't know what she was trying to do, but someone who isn't polish might be annoyed by her post and never bother to delve into her position on the issues. They'll perceive her as the "polish people's candidate."

She can chase the polish vote and female vote and Catholic vote by interacting with those groups at their functions - like the polish fest, or lawn fetes. But she also needs to attend the German Fest, and wearing a "I'm the polish people's candidate" banner to such a festival won't get her many votes.

Hopefully, she won't wear her Polish banner to the German fest next week and the kraut will be without her pierogies.

Georgia L Schlager

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information