Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erie County Family Court Judge

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Erie County Family Court Judge

I met a nice man today. Came knocking on our door. Paul Crapsi. He is running for Erie County Family Court Judge.

One of the first men this season running for office that answered my questions with answers instead of tag lines.

Paul Crapsi Family Court Judge

Check more out here:

www.paulcrapsi.com

www.facebook.com/paulcrapsijr

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Would someone be kind enough to post who he will primary against?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    http://www.paulcrapsi.com/

From his site.

Families are the foundation of society. When families struggle, we all struggle.

A Family Court Judge can play a vital role in the lives of families, and particularly the lives of children.

We need a Family Court Judge who knows the difficulties of raising a family, who understands children and their concerns, but who also understands that sometimes the best way to care about children is to be firm.
    Valid point.

doesn't look like he has any non-government funded experience. Judges who don't understand the nuances and practical side of a law practice can sometimes do more harm than good by having unrealistic expectations that clients can't afford.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

http://www.joejarzembek.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Josep...16376111790816

Joseph “Joe” Jarzembek has devoted his legal career to working as an attorney in Family Court representing the interests of families and children. With 25+ years of experience in public service as a Family Court attorney he is by far the most experienced of any current candidate for the position of Erie County Family Court Judge.

Joe grew up in Buffalo, New York. He attended St. Joseph’s Collegiate Institute and Canisius College, graduating cum laude in 1980. He has a Masters degree in History from the University of Minnesota and received his law degree (J.D.) from the University at Buffalo Law School.

In the position of Family Court Judge, Joe will apply the principles of fairness and justice that were instilled in him by his own family. He is committed to working on behalf of all families in Western New York.

We respectfully ask you for your support for Joseph Jarzembek and in return he promises to be a fair, dedicated and hard-working Family Court Judge

Joseph Jarzembek

Joseph Jarzembek

Deanne M Tripi

http://www.tripiforfamilies.com/family.html

MY FAMILY BACKGROUND:

I was born and raised in Western New York. I graduated from Sweet Home High School in 1988 and then attended the University at Buffalo receiving my Bachelor’s Degree in 1992 in History and English. In 1995, I graduated from Pace School of Law in White Plains, New York and I have been representing clients in Family and Matrimonial law matters for my entire 17 year career.

My maternal and paternal grandparents are immigrants from Sicily who believed in the American dream. Both sets of grandparents came to America with the hope that they could provide a better life for their families. My grandparents felt strongly that English should be spoken in the home and in assimilating to their new culture. They came to America with a strong work and family ethic.

Mana Terranova, my maternal grandmother, worked at the airplane factory during WWII. When the war was over, she went to work in a chocolate factory. My maternal grandfather was a laborer and stood in line at the Union Hall every day awaiting a job assignment for that day. Many days he was sent to build the Buffalo railroad tracks. They were very proud to work hard, save their money and to buy their home on 7th Street in the City of Buffalo. My fondest memory of my grandmother or as we called her, Nana, was when she made me “coffee milk” which was milk, coffee, homemade bread and cinnamon. There is nothing like it!

Rusario Tripi, my paternal grandfather, owned a small soda shop called the “Grannet” on Grant and Lafayette in Buffalo. He was proud to have his three children work at this restaurant and help him run this family owned business. My grandpa made incredible Sicilian pizzas and because the demand was so high, he started to freeze his pizzas. He credits himself with making the first frozen Sicilian pizzas. Believe me the frozen pizzas in the grocery store do not come close to my grandpa’s pizzas!

Joseph Tripi, my father, owned a construction company and my mother worked part time at various Buffalo businesses. I am very proud of my working class background and I have the deepest respect for a hard day’s work, whether you bring a lunch pail to a work site or a brief case to Court!

My immigrant grandparents and my parents taught my brother, sister and me important lessons about hard work, honesty and the value of a dollar. They also taught us that the family unit is the most important part of life. My life has been so enriched by my family and this is what has driven me to help the families of Erie County. My clients should have the same wonderful family memories that I will have with me forever.

My brother Joe works very hard as a construction manager for a local business. In fact, he actually helped to build the very same Erie County Courthouse where I hope to serve all of you as a Family Court judge. Joe and his wife Marie have two children of whom I am very proud of. Matt served our nation honorably in Iraq and Mike is about to become a firefighter. One of the National Guard’s motto is “BOOTS ON THE GROUND CAMPAIGN” and I am taking that motto and incorporating that into my campaign for Judge.

My brother Russ and his wife Louise have also dedicated their lives to work and family. They have two accomplished children; my nephew Joe and his wife Megan are elementary school teachers and my niece Linda works as a research analyst.

I have been further inspired to help fight for the rights of children because of my dear sister Claudia. As a Special Education teacher, she devoted her entire life to helping children especially those who could not take care of themselves. Claudia was married to my brother-in-law Keith for 23 years. They have three wonderful children. My niece Julia is a student at Geneseo and wants to be a doctor. My niece Rachel is at Niagara University studying to be a nurse. My nephew Marky is a beautiful boy with special needs. God knew that my sister would be the perfect mother for Mark.

We lost my beloved sister Claudia to breast cancer on April 14, 2012. This loss has truly been devastating to me and my family. My sister’s love, passion and dedication to her family, her children and her special education students will inspire me forever. My sister’s spirit lives on and lives strongly in me, especially my desire to serve others and to protect the rights of children and their families.

I would be remiss if I did not mention my dog, Niki, who is a husky and yellow Labrador mixture. She is 10 years young this year and full of energy and cuteness! She will be on the campaign trail whenever possible.
    Family is the foundation and core of society. Children of these families of these families represent our future and it is our responsibility to care and protect these children to ensure our own future. I am very fortunate to have both of my parents, my brothers, my nieces, my nephews and many aunts, uncles and cousins supporting me in my campaign to be your next Erie County Family Court judge.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Mary Carney is also running for judge. I think she is the only one listed as "we'll qualified" by outside rating agencies and I have worked with Mary and she is very well qualified. I don't even know what her party affiliation is but in my opinion she is the right person for the job

http://electmarygcarney.com/

I was wrong there are a few others

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...130619544/1010

Quote Originally Posted by geo_wny View Post
    Mary Carney is also running for judge. I think she is the only one listed as "we'll qualified" by outside rating agencies and I have worked with Mary and she is very well qualified. I don't even know what her party affiliation is but in my opinion she is the right person for the job

Is she related to city court judge Patrick M. Carney and the famous buffalo attorney John Carney?

I have no clue, I don't know any of her family.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

https://www.facebook.com/ElectMaryGCarney

A life-long Erie County resident and cum laude graduate of the SUNY Buffalo School of Law, Mary Giallanza Carney has spent her career advancing the interests of Erie County families as an attorney and concerned citizen. One of six children born to local home builders Joseph & Elaine Giallanza, she was raised to exemplify the ethics of hard work, honesty, fairness and family values. She is running for Erie County Family Court Judge because she believes that Erie County’s families and children are essential to our community staying strong and healthy.

Mary is a trusted advocate for her clients. She has sustained her practice’s focus in family law matters, including custody, child support, family offense issues and matrimonial matters. She is trained to represent children in custody, abuse and neglect matters and has done so since 2003 as an attorney for children in Family and Supreme Courts.

As a practitioner in Erie County Family Court, Mary guides her clients through some of the most poignant and personal circumstances they will ever face. She focuses not only on resolving the hardships of the moment, but on the long term betterment of her clients' lives and the lives of their families. It is knowing that she can help families overcome short term challenges, and to heal, that keeps her working hard every day – even in the face of some of the most heartbreaking circumstances imaginable.

Mary knows that only the most challenging cases make it to Erie County Family Court. As a practitioner, she has learned that the best results in family law come when the parties settle their disputes amicably - before having a decision imposed upon them. When that cannot happen, Mary knows that the family in crisis must rely on the court to see them through. Mary is running for election as Erie County Family Court Judge because she believes that her temperament, her education, her love of family and her career experience have prepared her to decide those cases with a respect for the law, for people and a deeply ingrained sense of fairness and justice.

Mary's lifelong passion for learning began in Buffalo as a member of the Nichols School class of 1989. From Nichols, Mary earned her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Religion from Kenyon College, graduating with honors in 1993.

Mary has always excelled in the classroom, but she often says that she learned the most about leadership, teamwork and civility on soccer fields, basketball courts and softball diamonds. As Captain of the Kenyon Ladies Basketball team, she was recognized in her senior year with the team's “Mental Toughness Award” given to that team member who never gives up in the face of adversity and comes to work with the same level of intensity every practice, every game and every day for the team.

After college, Mary felt a strong pull back to Western New York and her own family. She believed then, as she does now, in dedicating herself and her efforts to us, here, at home. Before enrolling in law school, Mary worked as an administrator at The Gow School for boys with learning difficulties. There she gained firsthand experience with children and families facing and overcoming adversity. The school's emphasis on integrity and character made an indelible impression upon Mary who carries those principles into her family law practice. She knows that no matter how challenging the circumstance, with hard work, empathy, patience and cooperation almost any hardship facing our children and families can be overcome.

Mary was fortunate to have worked for her family’s business as well – The Giallanza Corporation. Though now concluded, The Giallanza Corporation was committed to providing quality homes to Western New York families for nearly half a century. There, she was exposed to one of the most fundamental aspects of the family experience – our homes. Working side by side with her own family developing neighborhoods, Mary gained immeasurable insights into how our communities function and how families make choices about where to live and work.

Mary was ultimately drawn to the law for her future and she chose to strike out on her own, earning her Juris Doctor degree from SUNY Buffalo School of Law in 2000. She has been practicing in her home community, focusing on children and family law since 2001.
    Mary shares her love of the law with her husband, Mark Stephen Carney, a respected Buffalo attorney. When she is not practicing law, Mary spends as much time as she can with Mark, her two stepchildren and their dog, George. She loves to cook big meals for her parents, brothers, sisters and nieces and nephews at family get-togethers. And she still gets together with the Kenyon Ladies at least once per year, despite the fact that her “vertical” isn’t what it used to be.

Attached is Deanne Tripi's commercial. I met her at several events with my daughter. I am very impressed with her qualifications!

According to his posted experience Paul Crapsi has no legal experience that is relevant to Family Court. Is he even qualified for the position?

To The Voters of Erie County – The Importance of Choosing a Qualified Family Court Judge

The Family Court is a court in which almost all proceedings involve children. From foster care to child abuse and neglect, family courts deal with some of the most difficult issues involving New York’s families and children at their most vulnerable.

Family Court has jurisdiction over child custody and visitation cases, child and spousal support cases, adoptions, proceedings to determine paternity of children, family offenses, PINS and juvenile delinquency matters, child abuse and neglect cases, termination of parental rights petitions and foster care reviews. The safety and well-being of children are at the heart of these controversies.

In January 2013, the NYSBA Task Force on Family Court published its Final Report. In addressing the issue of qualifications for Family Court staff the Task Force stated that;
    Family Court judges…must have expertise in the wide breadth of law relevant to Family Court including juvenile delinquency, child protective, custody and visitation, foster care/permanency and family violence… (Approved by the New York State Bar Association House of Delegates on January 25, 2013).

Below is a comparison chart of the present candidates for the position of Erie County Family Court Judge and their relevant experience and qualifications for the position based on the information provided by them.

Candidate Relevant Legal Experience

Joe Jarzembek More than 25 years in public service practicing exclusively as a Family Court attorney in Erie County Family Court and in the Appellate Division 4th
    Department protecting children and advocating for the best interest of families.
    Mary Carney 10 years total legal experience as an attorney in private practice including the representation of adult clients and children in Family Court.
    Deanne Tripi 17 years total legal experience as an attorney in a private Family and Matrimonial Law practice.
    Paul Crapsi 19 Years total legal experience as a public defender, prosecuting attorney for the Division of Human Rights and as an Administrative Law Judge for the
    Department of Motor Vehicles. All positions held by Paul Crapsi involve exclusively the representation and adjudication of cases involving only adults.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information