Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Erie County Sheriff

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Erie County Sheriff

Dick Dobson

http://dobson4sheriff.com/

Richard “Dick” Dobson has lived his adult life in dedicated service to his country and his community. Dick began his service at the young age of 18, enlisting in the United States Air Force for, “love of my country”. While serving as an airman in Europe and North Africa, Dick became expert in maintaining fire control systems on American fighter bombers. `
    Upon his honorable discharge from the Air Force, Dick returned home to begin his 32-year service career with the Erie County Sheriff’s Department. Within that career, Dick worked his way through the ranks of Deputy, Sergeant, Lieutenant and Watch Commander. As commander, he administered and was fully responsible for all sheriff’s department operations and personnel under his command.

Dick’s high level of achievement in the sheriff’s department led to his service as a select member of the Federal Drug Task Force. In that role Dick continued to excel as a dedicated law enforcement officer, receiving numerous awards and commendations from supervisors and government officials, including the President of the United States.
    When Dick retired from the active ranks of law enforcement, he continued his service career as a Supervisory Officer with the United Nations Peace Keeping Forces. He also became involved with a number of not-for-profit, veterans and police organizations, all with the dedicated purpose of service.

Serving as County Sheriff is a role for which Dick has prepared all of his life and for which he is uniquely qualified. It is also a role to which he is dedicated for one simple reason…. he cares.

Dick Dobson cares about the safety and well-being of his community, he cares about his fellow law enforcement officers, he cares about restoring integrity and professionalism to the Erie County Sheriff’s Department. More than care, Dick Dobson has the experience and abilities to take action and get the job done.
    Dick Dobson is the Sheriff that Erie County needs…. and deserves.
    Dick Dobson for Erie County Sheriff

Dick Dobson for Erie County Sheriff

His website says he wants to "Create stricter procedures for criminal prosecution and punishment" - what does he mean by that?

We don't need "stricter procedures" we just need the Department to start clearing out its ranks of the lawless bums.

Seems that the only Sheriff Deputies prosecutor for lawlessness are prosecuted by the Federal government because the of the "we can do no wrong" culture of the Department.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Dick Dobson

He sounds good on the flyer, WNYresident, but I'm not sure if you would support him after hearing one of his speeches.

I was at an event where Dobson spoke and he talked mainly about the investigative part of the Sheriff's department, the unit he worked in when he was a Sheriff's deputy before his retirement. This unit should be expanded, he said, to fight crime with local police departments.

He said that the investigative unit received a much smaller percentage of funding when compared to other units of county government. He said that such a percentage was not fair.

He said that he would push for an equal percentage as other county units. Someone asked him where he'd get the money. He said from the county because this unit should have a similar percentage as other county units. He did not say how those other units would make up for the loss of their funding to increase the Sheriff's investigative unit's funding.

Someone asked about the Sheriff's road patrol, which he said he could keep intact.

He brushed aside the jail management division, and the prisoner' lawsuits, and said he would control overtime in the holding center and Alden Correctional Facility by getting the county to add 50 to 60 prison guards for that. The same person told him that the county already hired dozens of guards a few years ago and overtime went up. The jail management division was not a problem, he said.

I can't help but think who will be paying for all these new government employees?

I know - property tax payers.
    Last edited by Breezy; August 17th, 2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: heading change

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm posting up items that are given to me. Make your own decisions and vote for what benefits you the most.

Oh, kinda thought it was an endorsement. Ooops! lol

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't know the man other than what is on the literature. Anyone that drops something off that is mailed to them I'll put up for people to review.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The man who is running for Family Court seemed ok based on the short time we chatted. I won't hold it against him that he is registered www.ecdems.com.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    His website says he wants to "Create stricter procedures for criminal prosecution and punishment" - what does he mean by that?

We don't need "stricter procedures" we just need the Department to start clearing out its ranks of the lawless bums.

Seems that the only Sheriff Deputies prosecutor for lawlessness are prosecuted by the Federal government because the of the "we can do no wrong" culture of the Department.
    I think the flyer itself begs the question "what does he mean by that?"

Besides his name, photo, and website, the flyer only has five sentences about the candidate himself. Nothing is said about any policy matters.

Seems like a waste of paper when more substantive information could be put on there, especially about what he would do if elected.

I don't know the man other than what is on the literature. Anyone that drops something off that is mailed to them I'll put up for people to review.
    Where would you drop off literature?
    Last edited by Breezy; August 17th, 2013 at 06:58 PM. Reason: to add header

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    I think the flyer itself begs the question "what does he mean by that?"

Besides his name, photo, and website, the flyer only has five sentences about the candidate himself. Nothing is said about any policy matters.

Seems like a waste of paper when more substantive information could be put on there, especially about what he would do if elected.
    I agree.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Where would you drop off literature?
    A few people mailed items or dropped them off at the office.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It is also good exposure for people who are running for seats in the area.

It is also good exposure for people who are running for seats in the area.
    That sure is true, and most definitely helpful when deciding your votes.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    img027

img028

I noticed his military record where he says he was an airman. isn't that an E2 .to get through your military and still be an E2 you have to be busted many times or be dumb
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information