Thread: So what do you all think this means?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

So what do you all think this means?

Town Attorney and Deputy Town Attorney have resigned; Ed Hunter yesterday and Paul Notaro today.

Something big on the horizon perhaps?

Either something big, or they were caught with their hand in some cookie jar doing something wrong......and got called out privately about it.
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Quote Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
    Either something big, or they were caught with their hand in some cookie jar doing something wrong......and got called out privately about it.
    Sounds like it to me too.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I was told pay is being cut and the dem's are starting to circle their wagons.

I hope there someone in that area of our community that will smash their wagons.

don't know about Ed but Paul Notaro's still on the job.

I heard this too. i am trying to get more info.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I was told that:

Hunter's resignation is effective April 7th, Notaro's April 10th.

The source said they are not hearing much about Notaro at this point, but Hunter resigned claiming to be hired for a few big cases over the next few months and cannot devote the time to the Town.

From the Buffalo News....

03/26/09 11:51 AM
    West Seneca town attorneys resign
    By Helen Jones
    News Staff Reporter

Both the West Seneca town attorney and the deputy town attorney, who also serves as the town prosecutor, have resigned their positions.

Town Supervisor Wallace Piotrowski today confirmed the resignations of Edwin P. Hunter and Paul J. Notaro, saying both attorneys cited the need to pay more attention to their private practice as the reason. Hunter's resignation will be effective April 10, Notaro's April 8.

Notaro said Thursday that his departure had nothing to do with politics and he was not pressured in any way to resign.

"Absolutely not," he said. He said he was not aware that Hunter, who resigned the day before he did, was going to do so.

"I took a lot of pride in my work," he said. "But my primary job is my law office. I have to make a living.It was time for me to make a decision."

Notaro, 39, has been in the position since the summer of 2005, and in practice since March of 1995.

When asked if he thought there was any political motivation behind the resignations, Piotrowski said "they never conveyed that to me."

He said until January of this year, the town employed two prosecutors in addition to the town attorneys. At that time the board voted to eliminate the prosecutor positions and assign the work of town prosecutor to Notaro.

Hunter was in court Thursday morning and could not be reached for comment.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofCharles View Post
    Notaro said Thursday that his departure had nothing to do with politics and he was not pressured in any way to resign.

"Absolutely not," he said. He said he was not aware that Hunter, who resigned the day before he did, was going to do so.

Love the flag. Does seem to be a bit a coincidence that one resigned Tuesday, the other Wednesday. Something big going on that no one knows about?

Too Much of a coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofCharles View Post
    Love the flag. Does seem to be a bit a coincidence that one resigned Tuesday, the other Wednesday. Something big going on that no one knows about?
    I find it hard to believe that both attorneys quit within days of each other and for the same reason. Hardly! But if you have been at Town Board meetings and saw what a joke it is, then you shouldn't be surprised. Bove and Graber sit up there and look at the people speaking, like they have two heads. I don't know how anyone can work effectively with the present board. But politics is a dirty business and maybe they didn't like where it is headed or they were being pressured to do things that made them uncomfortable. Either way, there a lot more to this story that is not being told!

Thread Information