Thread: Niagara County DOT

Niagara County DOT

OK..this year the plows were very busy..pushed snow back continuesly..to the point of tearing up grass...sodd from the frontage property...Normally we do get some chunks of mud and gravel yearly....I have always cleaned it up myself, but this year it was really dug up with ruts as well. So I called the DOT.....the guy said he would pass my complaints to the supervisor...a couple days later a State truck...double cab with 5 guys shows up...2 guys come to the door....asking if they can to it tomorrow. I said sure. One of the guys said we have a million of these complaints this year, and if my neighbors need help to call????? hmmmmm. Looking for work?

Anyway I was not at home, but the next day I was told 3 trucks showed up...5 guys in one truck, 2 guys in each of the other trucks. 9 guys to rake out and level the frontage..now they did a good job, even planted seed and put new soil down, but 9 guys.....neighbor said 5 were doing all the work..the rest doing the usual...nothing.

The State won't replace mailboxes, but is into landscaping big time...makes you think the plow drivers may have done some of this intentially...keep the work coming.

I would say it was nice to get something for my property tax but does it really take 9 guys to do approximately 300 feet of picking up mud, sod, filling in ruts with soil and spreading seed?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Resident View Post
    The State won't replace mailboxes, but is into landscaping big time...makes you think the plow drivers may have done some of this intentially...keep the work coming.
    If this is a "Niagara County DOT" issue, I'd love to know why State DOT workers did the repairs.

I would think it was just the wording. he may have ment the State DOT in Niagara County. Niagara County has DPW. Just need to know if it was a County Road or State Road. The State won't usually work on County roads.
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

State DOT

Sorry....it was the State DOT on a State Road..in Niagara County.

Thread Information