Thread: West Seneca powers to be tried once again to sneak a family / friend into a job.

West Seneca powers to be tried once again to sneak a family / friend into a job.

The powers to be in West Seneca tried once again to sneak a family / friend into a Town position. If It wasn't for complaints and Civil Service law in place they would of achieved their goal. What's funny is they did succeed with Josefiak. Who by the way is the Senior Citizen Director and works full time. They make it seem like they didn't know but want to do the right thing. If that's true then why not post the Senior Citizen Director job? If she finishes in the top 3 let her stay, if not goodbye. What fair is fair.

Here is a excerpt from the West Seneca Bee
    Civil service exam required for new recreation position

"by PAUL OLCZAK
    Editor

If Recreation Director Craig D. Kroll wants to keep his position, he’ll have to score among the top three candidates on the civil service exam. The West Seneca Town Board on Monday unanimously approved creating the competitive position of direction of recreation II regular part time."

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Let us see why taxes in West Seneca are high...

Here is base salary not including pension contributions or perhaps health care package cost.

Josefiak

2009 $52,780
    2010 $61,577
    2011 $64,849
    2012 $83,388

So in a short 3 years there has been a pay raise of over $30,000 per year.

What political party does this employee belong to?

I bet the Town drags out the posting for test, then they will wait as long as they can to interview and if their boy doesn't finish in the top 3 they will drag out the hiring as long as they can. This way their friend can have the job for about another year or more. Whats even worse WNYresident is when they are also Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

A). Whose friend or family is he?
    B). I'm not knocking the position, but what kind of qualifications would one need to be a good rec director? In other words, if the job gets done correctly, who cares?

It's not like its a no show job.

Easy answer....the political party of Sheila Meegan....does that surprise you?

Who says its not a no show job? Josefiak was supposed to be doing that job and the Senior job for $84k (to save the town money, LOL). Then she told the news she had to much to do and for months no one did the Rec job. That was after she was caught working overtime at a Senior Dance making $60 a hour overtime. So now she is the Senior Director even though she failed the civil service exam for that position. Meegan and Hart knew Josefiaks OT was going on but let it go on untill someone blew her in and called the news. And yes Kroll is a friend of Meegan and Hart. Josefiak is one of Meegans close friends also. I care because this garbage was made public and I am a concerned West Seneca Taxpayer. Just think about all the things we don't know about. And yes this goes on with politics all the time but that doesn't mean I must accept it. This group running our Town is VERY shady.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2fish View Post
    I care because this garbage was made public and I am a concerned West Seneca Taxpayer. Just think about all the things we don't know about. And yes this goes on with politics all the time but that doesn't mean I must accept it. This group running our Town is VERY shady.
    Fair enough.
    It's the things we don't know about that scare me in regards to politics. I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to focusing on the petty annoyances, but the rec director position doesn't bother me (most likely because his name isn't familiar to me).

Quote Originally Posted by jj1980 View Post
    Easy answer....the political party of Sheila Meegan....does that surprise you?
    Political parties and cliques are the biggest hurdle to progress in WNY. I don't want to get off topic, but if the relics in our area don't stop voting lockstep Dem (and that includes RINOs), nothing will change regardless of the last name before the D.

If youre concerned about Meegan pulling in a family friend perhaps you should look at the latest town board agenda. Meegan moves to appoint Matt Hourihan as full time building and grounds laborer at a salary of 40,000. First off, has anyone ever seen his name come across in highway before? No! Where has he been hiding? In Meegans the senior center and oddly enough making $15/hr. Please. Josefiak is being used as a mirror so you focus on their "friendship". Pretty lame friend if you ask me after reading all those newspaper articles about Josefiak last summer. In the shadow of Josefiak the town board has slinked through Kroll, an unqualified non-resident, increased the pool supervisor salary by 8 dollars/hr and spreading the patronage to other departments.

Maybe Hourihan will be Hart's favor back to Meegan for getting Kroll into the Rec Department. Whose "new" programs are just nothing but Bob Walsh's programs thrown onto new paper. Personally I preferred it when Josefiak was "running" the department at least the office staff understood the people who lived in West Seneca and we're trying to make changes. Programs lasted longer than 45 mins and they werent sending my kids to the movies for field trips.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by informme1 View Post
    If youre concerned about Meegan pulling in a family friend perhaps you should look at the latest town board agenda. Meegan moves to appoint Matt Hourihan as full time building and grounds laborer at a salary of 40,000. First off, has anyone ever seen his name come across in highway before? No! Where has he been hiding? In Meegans the senior center and oddly enough making $15/hr. Please. Josefiak is being used as a mirror so you focus on their "friendship". Pretty lame friend if you ask me after reading all those newspaper articles about Josefiak last summer. In the shadow of Josefiak the town board has slinked through Kroll, an unqualified non-resident, increased the pool supervisor salary by 8 dollars/hr and spreading the patronage to other departments.

Maybe Hourihan will be Hart's favor back to Meegan for getting Kroll into the Rec Department. Whose "new" programs are just nothing but Bob Walsh's programs thrown onto new paper. Personally I preferred it when Josefiak was "running" the department at least the office staff understood the people who lived in West Seneca and we're trying to make changes. Programs lasted longer than 45 mins and they werent sending my kids to the movies for field trips.
    When stating facts make sure you include all the cost...

You mentioned salary of $40,000

You need to include the cost of the health package given for the position including what the benefits are paid for the position.

$40,000 + healthcare package + bene's paid if you want the true salary.

Same old song and Dance in West Seneca

I heard rumors Kroll didn't live in the Town and was using his parents address. If so that is so wrong. I heard this group tried to pull this off before with a hiring then there was to many complaints and then they let that guy go and played like they just found out about it. Why not pay the money for a background check on each new hire? That would make way to much sense.

Thread Information