Thread: Fracking: Securing Our Future Beyond Petroleum

Fracking: Securing Our Future Beyond Petroleum

Fracking has its issues, but so does depending on the rest of the world to run our country.

http://www.yourenergyblog.com/fracki...ond-petroleum/

Quote Originally Posted by EnergyHigh View Post
    Fracking has its issues, but so does depending on the rest of the world to run our country.

http://www.yourenergyblog.com/fracki...ond-petroleum/
    We can't drink our water, but at least our gas is cheap!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    From what I read I thought the fracking process was far below the actual water table.

Well, you've heard "what goes up must come down." It would be fair to say "what goes down must come up," as well. Though in geological terms, it'll take a lot longer than simple gravity takes. But yes, the drilling is well under the water table.

As far as drinking water, there's a link in that article that discusses various ways to address and mitigate those risks. The wonderful thing about science is that R&D is a continual process. Better practices and solutions are a constant.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    From what I read I thought the fracking process was far below the actual water table.
    That's what I've read also.

Look at "FrackNation", which is a pro-fracking documentary. I thought it was well done, although I agree with some who say it is guilty of some of the same exaggeration and grandstanding that Josh Fox's "Gasland" documentary put forth. I still think it is good to have opposing views and information available for our consideration. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in there, if we dig (no pun intended) deep enough, and for anyone truly interested.

Thread Information