Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Irish Wake for the Buffalo Political Machine

Irish Wake for the Buffalo Political Machine

Free Buffalo has been pronounced dead so many times, we decided to return the favor.

We're holding an Irish Wake for the Buffalo Political Machine on November 5th, Saturday, 7-11pm. The Machine, born in 1960, died an untimely death this year. Let's give it a good old fashioned Irish send-off!

It will be held at the First Amendment Club in Black Rock.

You won't want to miss this fun event which will probably be the first annual, as they say. There will be great food and drink, special guests, prizes and surprises!

Capacity is limited so you need to contact us soon.

We are in the midst of a fundraising drive to raise $4,000 to keep us in operation. We are asking 100 people to contribute at least $40. Those who donate will receive a ticket to the event. (Free New York, Inc, 1535 Hertel Ave., Buffalo, 14216).

The Control Board will spend at least $1.4 million this year.

Free Buffalo has spent $8,000 and produced a policy report and four News Alerts with an all-volunteer staff.

We exposed the unlawful failure to count the ballots on Primary night and chastised Byron Brown for his use of tax money for electoral purposes.

We are surveying the candidates for legislator and comptroller so the voters can have a basis for voting.

We will shortly release two more policy reports including a proposal to cut the budget by well over $50 million.

We do more with less but we need more of your help.

Thanks.

Jim O'strowski
    (boyhood "friend" of the Machine)
    435-8918

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

James Ostrowski
    435-8918
    jameso@apollo3.com
    http://www.freebuffalo.org
    http://www.freeny.org

Free Buffalo to Host “An Irish Wake for the
    Buffalo Political Machine”

Buffalo, New York. November 1, 2005. Free Buffalo will host “An Irish Wake for the Buffalo Political Machine,” on Saturday, November 5th from 7-11pm at the First Amendment Club in Black Rock. Tickets are available for $40. See, FreeBuffalo.org or call 566-7720.

James Ostrowski, Free Buffalo’s president, said: “Our opponents have said Free Buffalo is dead so many times we decided to return the favor. It is Buffalo’s corrupt and self-serving political machine whose days are numbered. The time when a small group of politicians and their lackeys could ride the political gravy train while our community was dying around them are over.”

Ostrowski said funds from the event will be used to allow Free Buffalo to issue policy reports on the state pension system and on Medicaid, which will cost Erie County $193 million in 2006.

Free Buffalo is a non-profit, non-partisan New York State public policy research corporation. It has offices at 1535 Hertel Ave., Buffalo, New York, 14216. In its brief existence, it has issued four News Alerts and two longer policy reports. They are available online at FreeBuffalo.org.

I'm working on my (short) speech at the Irish Wake Saturday and checking out some old threads and seeing how the predictions came out.

Free Buffalo "dead in the water"--five days before 300 people showed up for a meeting?

Another prediction that the first meeting would be a joke, so the fellow didn't come.

Did you miss the Taste of Freedom only to learn later than it was a fabulous party?

Can I just brag about one little thing? Free Buffalo has great parties! When you grow up in South Buffalo, great parties are part of your genetic makeup.

Okay, this time we won’t have eight hours of great live music and great food; we’ll have just four hours of great Irish music (CD) and great food.

It would be a shame if you missed this party. We're trying to get all the leaders of the tax revolt in one room to celebrate our successes.

For tickets, call 566-7720.

JOSEZ:
    Free Buffalo has spent $8,000 and produced a policy report and four News Alerts with an all-volunteer staff.
    What did you spend $8000.00 on?

bf

We have a fully staffed office on Hertel Ave.; feel free to stop by. We have produced four news alerts. We have produced two longer policy reports. We created the first and only plan for balancing the county budget and cutting taxes.

We have helped change the mindset in this area away from big government. The liberal Buffalo News has said our philosophy is "right."

We've done even more. See our website.

how about an address for the First Ammendment Club; i couldn't find it in the phonebook - looked in both white pages & yellow under "clubs" "restaurants" & "taverns"

Also, is this just for leaders?

I don't consider myself a leader.

Tickets are available by calling 435-8918. We'll email you the directions.

some people like to know where they're going first

It's in Black Rock around Wegman's.

No big secret--it's just that it's a small venue and we have to know how many are coming.

Smile

so how many ARE coming?

We'll have a good crowd but there's tickets left.

For tickets, call me at 435-8918.

Do you get the impression Jim O. wants to servey who's interested?

No specific location, no total (as of yet) on who's coming.... hmmmm....

Jim O. had caller ID - if you call, he will know who you are.

Yes, I believe that's it; Night Owl's most inane post yet.

Mr. Webmaster--is there some sort of prize for this?

Jim Ostrowski - no location, no number of attendance.... yeah, I'll say I'm a little INSANE!!!!! No worries Jim, your secret is safe with me!

in·ane ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-n)
    adj. in·an·er, in·an·est

One that lacks sense or substance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information