Thread: DoD under Obama squeezes already tight ammo supply

Tony Fracasso - Admin

DoD under Obama squeezes already tight ammo supply

DoD under Obama squeezes already tight ammo supply

It looks like I'll need a break in the news to get back to my follow-up on Mike Bloomberg. In a way it's nice knowing his legal setbacks have caused his importance as a priority for gun owner attention to decline. But the stories pushing him to the back burner represent real threats we need to not only be aware of, but to take action on. Without delay.

It's no surprise to active shooters that ammunition sales are soaring, causing price hikes and shortages. We've seen more and more Americans waking up to gun rights in recent months, and we've seen long-time gun owners stockpiling in anticipation of anticipated bans.

We've even seen (and defused) some rumors, and passed other information along hoping to find the truth. And we've noted backdoor attacks on ammunition using the environmentalism club, and an "accountability" ploy designed to enrich a few at the rest of our expense.

Add to all of this a heightened demand from law enforcement (what, you didn't think citizens were the only ones getting serious about supplies, did you?), and conditions are ripe for severe shortages. All they need are a little push.

I noted that push last Friday. I passed along an alert from our friends at Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, who in turn passed along an alert from our friends at Montana Shooting Sports Association. The bottom line?
    Read the full story

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    http://www.scharch.com/

Attention!!

Due to new government regulations concerning the purchasing of surplus brass, we are removing sales of all 223 , 308 and 50 BMG BRASS PRODUCTS until further notice. Below is a copy of the emails we received from Government Liquidations/Gary Marbut-Montana Shooting Sports Association.

"Effective immediately DOD Surplus, LLC, will be implementing new requirements for mutilation of fired shell casings. The new DRMS requirement calls for DOD Surplus personnel to witness the mutilation of the property and sign the Certificate of Destruction. Mutilation of the property can be done at the DRMO, if permitted by the Government, or it may be mutilated at a site chosen by the buyer. Mutilation means that the property will be destroyed to the extent prevents its reuse or reconstruction. DOD Surplus personnel will determine when property has been sufficiently mutilated to meet the requirements of the Government. "

Dear MSSA Friends,

Another serious problem has just been created to add to the critical ammo shortage in the U.S. Read my letter to Senator Max Baucus about this below. An agency of the Department of Defense has just directed that all military fired brass must be destroyed.

I highly recommend that you send emails to U.S. Senators Baucus and Tester, and to Montana's lone Congressman Rehberg, asking them to get immediately onto fixing this.

FYI, Baucus is Chairman of the powerful Senate Finance Committee. He could simply call the Pentagon and tell them that if they don't reverse this DLA directive that the Pentagon will suffer a mysterious budget cut of several billion dollars. Also, Baucus's former Chief of Staff, Jim Messina, is now Deputy Chief of Staff at the White House. If Max called Jim and asked, Jim could fix this problem with a phone call too.

I recommend you communicate with the Baucus, Tester and Rehberg staffers who are tasked to firearms issues. They are:

Baucus - "Heather O'Loughlin"

Tester - "Lillstrom, Alpha"

Rehberg - "Abra Belke"

Tell them we simply don't accept the military destroying perfectly good brass that could be sold into the civilian market for private and commercial reloading.

Gary Marbut-MSSA

This is a huge waste of taxpayer's money. The value of these products is reduced by 80% by going from a recycled product to a scrap product.

CALL YOUR CONGRESSMAN

The only way to combat this assault is to personally send an email to your Congressman and Senators of your State and express your outrage of this event. Let’s choke them with email like they have never seen before and insist on a reply and find out where they stand.

Please be sure to remind them of the 1994 Election year that the Democrats lost control of the Congress and Senate after the outrageous assault on our Gun Rights from the Clinton’s and the Brady Bill and insist this destruction of our Brass supply Stop!

Sincerely,
    Dan Scharch
    President

Let me get this straight...People are hoarding ammo, the new gun ownership has sky-rocketed (new gun owners mean new ammo purchasers), there are two active wars on going, and people are looking for conspiracy in why ammo supplies are (supposedly) tight?

I went to DSG about 2 weeks ago. I bought boxes of 16 gauge, 12 gauge, 22LR, and 44...Guess what? The shelves were packed with ammo. No shortages.

The on-line catalogues seem to be packed with ammo as well. Tracers, .223, etc

This sounds like a whole lot of noise about nothing. Ammo manufacturers are in the business of making money. They, like every other business, like to create demand. They like to make money.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Go check out some of the larger sites that sell .223/.308's Lot of out of stock even with name brand ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Go check out some of the larger sites that sell .223/.308's Lot of out of stock even with name brand ammo.
    Some of the larger sites...

What about the others? What about the hundreds and thousands of other stores, big and small?

I can go to Walmart, Kmart, Dicks, etc and get any ammo I want.

The "we're running out of ammo" cry is fear mongering and causing people to make a run on ammo, which can only compound a percieved problem.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Let me get this straight...People are hoarding ammo, the new gun ownership has sky-rocketed (new gun owners mean new ammo purchasers), there are two active wars on going, and people are looking for conspiracy in why ammo supplies are (supposedly) tight?

I went to DSG about 2 weeks ago. I bought boxes of 16 gauge, 12 gauge, 22LR, and 44...Guess what? The shelves were packed with ammo. No shortages.

The on-line catalogues seem to be packed with ammo as well. Tracers, .223, etc

This sounds like a whole lot of noise about nothing. Ammo manufacturers are in the business of making money. They, like every other business, like to create demand. They like to make money.
    I agree. Maybe just get your ammo elsewhere. Bet it will be much cheaper too! I havent run into any problems.
    Mark Twain:
    Surely the ass who invented the first religion ought to be the first ass damned
    Faith is believing in that which I know ain't so.

Thread Information