Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Barry Weinstein

anselmo1

Dr. Barry Weinstein

Out of all the elected officials representing voters in Amherst, NY, county legislature Dr. Barry Weinstein is the most conscientious
    and knowledgable. He takes time to answer all your questions and issues usually by phone! Personal attention is his "calling card"! This is why he has my vote this November!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Thank you for joining speakup

Re: Dr. Barry Weinstein

Originally posted by anselmo1
    Out of all the elected officials representing voters in Amherst, NY, county legislature Dr. Barry Weinstein is the most conscientious
    and knowledgable. He takes time to answer all your questions and issues usually by phone! Personal attention is his "calling card"! This is why he has my vote this November!

He's okay, except for all those big-spending budgets approved during his tenure, both on the county and Williamsville school boards!

I like that he was an early supporter of a hard control board for the county. But he was/is still part of the problem.

anselmo1
    You have to remember, the district voters approved every School Board budget in the Williamsville School District. Dr. Weinstein did a commendable job as its president.

Now only if the taxpayer could vote on the county budget, you might see a different window of opportunity over the past 50 years in WNY.

For example, why should county taxpayers fund privately owned sports teams such as the Bills, Bisons and Sabres? In addition, all three owners of the teams are multi millionaires, why should the taxpayer fund teams so millionaires can make a profit?

Note--the Sabres haven't made any money on the books during the past 25 years--you wonder how they keep operating?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	american flag.gif 
Views:	139 
Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	280  

You have to remember, the district voters approved every School Board budget in the Williamsville School District. Dr. Weinstein did a commendable job as its president.

Now only if the taxpayer could vote on the county budget, you might see a different window of opportunity over the past 50 years in WNY.

For example, why should county taxpayers fund privately owned sports teams such as the Bills, Bisons and Sabres? In addition, all three owners of the teams are multi millionaires, why should the taxpayer fund teams so millionaires can make a profit?

Note--the Sabres haven't made any money on the books during the past 25 years--you wonder how they keep operating?
    I agree with you about taxpayers funding sports teams. Ridiculous.

But the fact that taxpayers approved the school budgets with huge spending increases means little. School votes are generally dominated by vested interests -- like school unions, PTA Moms, union members in general.

Why wouldn't they approve big spending increases?

Nothing you've said tells me why Weinstein was so "commendable" while he was School Board president? Can you explain to me how he isn't part of the problem at County Hall?

Weinstein is just the same old, same old currently dressed up in "reform" clothes.

Originally posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    I agree with you about taxpayers funding sports teams. Ridiculous.

But the fact that taxpayers approved the school budgets with huge spending increases means little. School votes are generally dominated by vested interests -- like school unions, PTA Moms, union members in general.

Why wouldn't they approve big spending increases?

Nothing you've said tells me why Weinstein was so "commendable" while he was School Board president? Can you explain to me how he isn't part of the problem at County Hall?

Weinstein is just the same old, same old currently dressed up in "reform" clothes.
    Barry voted for every single Giambra budget that came across his desk. Spending kept going up and taxes went down. Barry said that he didn't know what was happening because Giambra lied to the legislature.

The problem isn't that Giambra lied, the problem is that Barry was a rubber stamp who didn't care to think the increasing spending and decreasing revenues would cause a problem.

The Buffalo News also reported that he took $180,000 in county funds to spend on personal pork projects as a reward for his budget votes. When that money dried up his attitude towards Giambra and reform changed. Do you think there is a connection?

anselmo1
    If you don't play the game in politics, your district receives zilch. All that I know is Dr. Weinstein answers every question in detail when you contact his office. Many times he will personally answer your question or topic by calling you.

How many elected officials will give the constituent personalized attention? Tom Reynolds? Jim Hayes? Mary Lou Rath? Bill "Grease My Palm" Kindel? Jane "I will vote for developer interests" Woodward?

Not a one outside of Dr. Weinstein!

Case closed---Dr. Weinstein will be reelected by a wide margin.

If you don't play the game in politics, your district receives zilch. All that I know is Dr. Weinstein answers every question in detail when you contact his office. Many times he will personally answer your question or topic by calling you.

How many elected officials will give the constituent personalized attention? Tom Reynolds? Jim Hayes? Mary Lou Rath? Bill "Grease My Palm" Kindel? Jane "I will vote for developer interests" Woodward?

Not a one outside of Dr. Weinstein!

Case closed---Dr. Weinstein will be reelected by a wide margin.

Very cavalier of you to simply brush off $180,000 as being part of a game. To me it's a character flaw, it's unethical and whether he is a kindest man in the world it was wrong.

Mikey Baby the Tax Man

Quote Originally Posted by mikewrona
    Very cavalier of you to simply brush off $180,000 as being part of a game. To me it's a character flaw, it's unethical and whether he is a kindest man in the world it was wrong.
    Well, this is what Mikey Baby stood for in his election for 15th district. No wonder he fill flat on his face:

Over the years, I have frequently appeared on the opinion pages of the Buffalo News. I have been a severe critic of local politics. I have even been critical of the voter for not making the effort to be an informed voter. This has to change, or, we will continue hemorrhaging population, jobs, and revenue.

I ask that you take the time to get to know something about me. I’m not related to anyone. I am not connected to money from labor or from business. I’m not a person whose goal is say anything to make you support me. I don’t have the resources to buy the election.

Invite me to a meeting. I’ll be happy to discuss my views on county government with you.

Education: St. Barbara’s Elementary, Lackawanna, NY

Father Baker HS, Lackawanna, NY

B.A. History/Government, Western Kentucky Univ.

M.S. Education, Buffalo State College

Employment: Instructor, ETR Inc./Iroquois Job Corps Centerm Nedubam NY

Membership: New York State United Teachers (Affiliated)

AmnestyInternational

UNICEF (Contributing Member)

Amherst Democrat Executive Committee

National Council of the Social Studies

Social Studies Education Consortium

Western Kentucky Univ. Alumni Association

Buffalo State College Alumni Association.

Formerly: West Seneca Youth Soccer Association: Coach,Board Member, Officer (12 yrs)

Our Lady of Sacred Heart Parents Guild: Board Member, Officer, Fund Raiser

(8 yrs)

Villa Maria Academy Parents Guild: Board Member and Officer (4 yrs)

District #5 Athletic Association Baseball: Coach (2yrs)

Transportation Claims and Prevention Council (4 yrs)

Teamsters Local #375 (5 yrs)

Buffalo Teachers Federation (5 yrs)

United Steel Workers (2 yrs)

Our Mission

I believe

· that the sales tax must be raised to meet our current financial obligations and that within five years, after County reorganization the tax should be drastically reduced.

· there must be opposition to the politics of "me" before the "we" as practiced by those who put personal interest and money before the community.

· in a transparent budget process. The county resident deserves to know where the all money is coming from, where it is going, and why.

· the meetings of the Legislature should open to the public and held in the evening or Saturdays.

· the meetings of the Legislature should be regularly televised live on public access cable.

· that current budgetary practice is unnecessarily complicated and needs to be simplified.

duplication of county, city, village, town services must be eliminated.
    initiative, referendum and recall must find it's way into the county charter.
    the county should look at alternative sources of revenue with the intent of eliminating real estate taxes. The system must be based on ability to pay.
    patronage jobs exist in all political systems. The problem with ours is that people are given jobs for which they are not qualified. That must end.
    "Kick him when he's down, he's easier to reach."
    Scott Hall

I see Barry didn't take the leadership role of the minority leader, and has done nothing to really help the situation in county government, and he's been there for quite sometime. He was one of the few that got re-elected, this over a woman who got into the race a little late and did well as a newcomer. I should say as good as one could do against a well financed campaign.

I could talk to anyone who followed county government and a decent demeanor and still get all my answers. We elected him to do a job.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldo
    Well, this is what Mikey Baby stood for in his election for 15th district. No wonder he fill flat on his face:

Over the years, I have frequently appeared on the opinion pages of the Buffalo News. I have been a severe critic of local politics. I have even been critical of the voter for not making the effort to be an informed voter. This has to change, or, we will continue hemorrhaging population, jobs, and revenue.

I ask that you take the time to get to know something about me. I’m not related to anyone. I am not connected to money from labor or from business. I’m not a person whose goal is say anything to make you support me. I don’t have the resources to buy the election.

Invite me to a meeting. I’ll be happy to discuss my views on county government with you.

Education: St. Barbara’s Elementary, Lackawanna, NY

Father Baker HS, Lackawanna, NY

B.A. History/Government, Western Kentucky Univ.

M.S. Education, Buffalo State College

Employment: Instructor, ETR Inc./Iroquois Job Corps Centerm Nedubam NY

Membership: New York State United Teachers (Affiliated)

AmnestyInternational

UNICEF (Contributing Member)

Amherst Democrat Executive Committee

National Council of the Social Studies

Social Studies Education Consortium

Western Kentucky Univ. Alumni Association

Buffalo State College Alumni Association.

Formerly: West Seneca Youth Soccer Association: Coach,Board Member, Officer (12 yrs)

Our Lady of Sacred Heart Parents Guild: Board Member, Officer, Fund Raiser

(8 yrs)

Villa Maria Academy Parents Guild: Board Member and Officer (4 yrs)

District #5 Athletic Association Baseball: Coach (2yrs)

Transportation Claims and Prevention Council (4 yrs)

Teamsters Local #375 (5 yrs)

Buffalo Teachers Federation (5 yrs)

United Steel Workers (2 yrs)

Our Mission

I believe

· that the sales tax must be raised to meet our current financial obligations and that within five years, after County reorganization the tax should be drastically reduced.

· there must be opposition to the politics of "me" before the "we" as practiced by those who put personal interest and money before the community.

· in a transparent budget process. The county resident deserves to know where the all money is coming from, where it is going, and why.

· the meetings of the Legislature should open to the public and held in the evening or Saturdays.

· the meetings of the Legislature should be regularly televised live on public access cable.

· that current budgetary practice is unnecessarily complicated and needs to be simplified.

duplication of county, city, village, town services must be eliminated.
    initiative, referendum and recall must find it's way into the county charter.
    the county should look at alternative sources of revenue with the intent of eliminating real estate taxes. The system must be based on ability to pay.
    patronage jobs exist in all political systems. The problem with ours is that people are given jobs for which they are not qualified. That must end.
    Jesus Christ, Pauldo, give it a rest. You're posting Mikewrona's resume?

Grow up, man. Jeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino330
    Jesus Christ, Pauldo, give it a rest. You're posting Mikewrona's resume?

Grow up, man. Jeeze.
    It is suppose to be a joke. Chill!
    Scott Hall

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldo
    It is suppose to be a joke. Chill!
    May I point out Mike at least has the courage to use his real name, ""Pauldo."

Whether one agrees with Mike's positions or not, I think it takes nerves of steel to use his real name here, and to be subject to the trash you "Mikey, Mikey" NAMELESS types throw his way.

I really wish res would impose a rule automatically banning members who don't use their names when totally trashing people who have enough belief in themselvesw to use their names. It is so cowardly.

But that does seem to be an Amherst thing. Very sad.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    May I point out Mike at least has the courage to use his real name, ""Pauldo."

Whether one agrees with Mike's positions or not, I think it takes nerves of steel to use his real name here, and to be subject to the trash you "Mikey, Mikey" NAMELESS types throw his way.

I really wish res would impose a rule automatically banning members who don't use their names when totally trashing people who have enough belief in themselvesw to use their names. It is so cowardly.

But that does seem to be an Amherst thing. Very sad.
    Fan, I don't see your real name! It would make sense not to have your resume posted on the internet if you didn't want people to see it. In addition, it would make sense to utilize a "nick" like everyone else and not be condescending in attitude.
    Scott Hall

So whose resume is it, that was posted? And, why??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information