Thread: Safelink "Free" cell phones

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Safelink "Free" cell phones

SafeLink Wireless is a government supported program
    that provides a free cell phone and airtime each
    month for income-eligible customers.

www.safelink.com

Lifeline Benefits

Lifeline Assistance is part of a program that was created by the government to provide discounted or free telephone service to income-eligible consumers. To help bring you this important benefit, SafeLink Wireless is proud to offer Lifeline Service. Through our Lifeline Service you will receive FREE cellular service, a FREE cell phone, and FREE Minutes every month! SafeLink Wireless Service does not cost anything – there are no contracts, no recurring fees and no monthly charges.
    Any Minutes you do not use will roll-over. Features such as caller ID, call waiting and voicemail are all also included with your service. If you need additional Minutes, you can buy TracFone Airtime Cards at any TracFone retailer Walmart, Walgreens, Family Dollar, etc). SafeLink Airtime Cards will be available soon.
    Your exact benefits, including the number of free Minutes you will receive, depend on the state you live in. Please enter your ZIP code to get the details for your state.
    Seems like a lie. It cost someone something.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Araujo View Post
    it's true. it might be big brother paying for it.
    And where does "Big Brother" get their funding from?

Unregistered
    Perhaps this is a "SafeLink" recipient?

First Lady Michelle Obama showed up Thursday as a surprise and welcome volunteer at Miriam's Kitchen, a soup kitchen for homeless poor people not far from the White House.

She brought with her some food donated by White House staff. The first lady served up mushroom risotto and broccoli to a long line of homeless men and women during part of her lunch hour and in these photos poses for a picture by one homeless diner obviously excited to be in the first lady's presence

It doesn't detract from the first lady's generous gesture or the real needs she seeks to highlight to ask two bothersome journalistic questions about these news photos:

If this unidentified meal recipient is too poor to buy his own food, how does he afford a cell phone?

And if he is homeless, where do they send the cell phone bills?

Unregistered
    Safelink Wireless is funded by .. you guessed it, US. Everyone who owns a cell phone pays for this via additional surcharges on our cell phone bills.

When will we the people put our foot down and say enough, is enough?
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It's getting there.. what did Jefferson say.. .something like educate the masses about what is going on.

WNY while I respect you for who you are, I must LMAO at your comment. seriously.

The people in this country, imho, are the dumbest most brain dead leaches on the planet. We the people have been lied to, countless times, we have our money, our property stolen from us with out due process, we have had our loved ones maimed and killed over political BS, and we have a national media, that spews more bull**** than you shake a stick at.

We are TRAINED from preschool to adults to NOT question authority. to not think freely, and to not challenge our boundaries, and YOU expect people to actually wake up? LOL! Seriously, LOL!

I SINCERELY wish I was as braindead as 99% of the legal population.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We are TRAINED from preschool to adults to NOT question authority. to not think freely, and to not challenge our boundaries, and YOU expect people to actually wake up? LOL! Seriously, LOL!
    What school did you go to? I wasn't trained not to question anyone. I wasn't trained not to think freely and you ALWAYS challenge your boundaries. That is how your grow as a person.

Your total household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG). The table below provides the maximum income you can have to be eligible for service.
    Number Persons
    in Household
    Annual IncomeMonthly Income
    1$14,621$1,218
    2$19,670$1,639
    3$24,719$2,060
    4$29,768$2,481
    5$34,817$2,901
    6$39,866$3,322
    7$44,915$3,743
    8$49,964$4,164
    For each additional person, add...$5,049$421
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

I would like to know why they "need" cell phones .... where is the need for something like that? I would think they would need some food or clothing prior to a cell phone. I am all about giving back to my community - but not in regard to cell phones lol
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
    I would like to know why they "need" cell phones .... where is the need for something like that? I would think they would need some food or clothing prior to a cell phone. I am all about giving back to my community - but not in regard to cell phones lol
    Exactly.

I've donated several cell-phones to groups who furnish them to abused women in shelters. They're given to women to use in the case of an emergency. Considering ANY workable cell-phone can be used to reach 911 emergency services, there's no reason to pay for minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    Exactly.

I've donated several cell-phones to groups who furnish them to abused women in shelters. They're given to women to use in the case of an emergency. Considering ANY workable cell-phone can be used to reach 911 emergency services, there's no reason to pay for minutes.
    But how are they goign to call their drug dealers or 15 babies daddies! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    But how are they goign to call their drug dealers or 15 babies daddies! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
    Providing they have Medicaid, they could call 911 and tell them they have a cold. An ambulance or taxi cab will be dispatched and take them to the hospital. They can make all the calls they need to from their private room in the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    Providing they have Medicaid, they could call 911 and tell them they have a cold. An ambulance or taxi cab will be dispatched and take them to the hospital. They can make all the calls they need to from their private room in the hospital.
    Oh I was talking about bootie calls or them begging to get money for smokes!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Oh I was talking about bootie calls or them begging to get money for smokes!
    They get smokes from hitting people up at the Metro-Rail and bus stops.

I can't remember a time where I've taken public transportation into the city and haven't been hit-up for a cigarette and/or "spare change."

I always ask them what "spare change" means, and they never have an answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information