Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Border Patrol

Border Patrol

I have noticed that there is always a border patrol vehicle sitting by Buckhorn Island near the water treatment plant, and next to International Bridge. They're usually sitting there idling away all day long. If we're going to keep a tight watch on our possible border crossings wouldn't it make more sense to build a small heated observation post at each hotspot instead of paying for a vehicle to run all day long?

IF you really wanna know...

Quote Originally Posted by fiona View Post
    I have noticed that there is always a border patrol vehicle sitting by Buckhorn Island near the water treatment plant, and next to International Bridge. They're usually sitting there idling away all day long. If we're going to keep a tight watch on our possible border crossings wouldn't it make more sense to build a small heated observation post at each hotspot instead of paying for a vehicle to run all day long?

The observation post would require building permit, waterfront commission approval, citizens review board approval,wetlands impact review..not to mention a 2 yr study,environmental impact study,a building code variance...I could go on but ....what the hell...leave em in the truck....more maneuvarability!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I always wondered what was the point of running a vehicle all day was for. The police do it to when you occasionally see them stopped at places.

I live directly behind Buckhorn Park. There's our sub-division, private property and then Buckhorn. I am pleased with the protection our border patrol gives us. They are also friendly and fortunately there's been no occurences. If it's not broke don't fix it. I agree with Joe D., it's easier for security to maneuver around in a vehicle.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    When was the last time you ever had an issue with anyone there? Illegals coming in etc? Ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Anotherview View Post
    I live directly behind Buckhorn Park. There's our sub-division, private property and then Buckhorn. I am pleased with the protection our border patrol gives us. They are also friendly and fortunately there's been no occurences. If it's not broke don't fix it. I agree with Joe D., it's easier for security to maneuver around in a vehicle.
    I know they do move around some. I see them up and down West River Road and into Beaver Island sometimes too. But at a place like International Bridge it seems like a waste to dedicate a vehicle to watch the bridge. I park there often to walk the pier and it's always in the same spot, watching the bridge to make sure no one crosses on foot I'm assuming.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I always wondered what was the point of running a vehicle all day was for. The police do it to when you occasionally see them stopped at places.
    Oh, like the cop who lives on my street? When he stops home while on duty, he leaves his car idling while he does his home improvement projects. For long periods at a time.

Be neighborly...

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Depew.to.you View Post
    Oh, like the cop who lives on my street? When he stops home while on duty, he leaves his car idling while he does his home improvement projects. For long periods at a time.
    "THATS MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW"
    Your tax dollar$ at work...why dont you ask him why he does that?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Nail his ass. Log the time he's at home and send it in to his supervisor. They must have time cards to punch in and out. He should be patrolling not at home.

Is it possible that he's on lunch? Also, do they leave their car running to activate their radio in case there's a call?

I can see why ambulances and fire trucks would sit idling, but a border patrol car/suv or a police car?

If theyre gonna sit forawhile, they should turn off the engine and save fuel. hence saving us money.

as far as ambualnces go though, with their lights and sirences and onboard gear, turning it off, and then trying to restart it could prove to be a royal pain in the rear since all their electrical crap runs off the battery.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

it must be some sort of policy because it's done so often. Last week I saw 5 police cars parked outside Spot Coffee while they were inside for a cup. All the cars were still running. I don't know the reason, but I can't believe it's just because they want to waste gasoline...

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    it must be some sort of policy because it's done so often. Last week I saw 5 police cars parked outside Spot Coffee while they were inside for a cup. All the cars were still running. I don't know the reason, but I can't believe it's just because they want to waste gasoline...
    It is likely that they have to keep their cars running to activate their radios.

I have been seeing border patrol SUV's everyday in the afternoon 3:15ish driving into hamburg on Rt. 5 toward lakeview for the last week and a half...

The radio's can run on a battery, infact my roomate brings his home every night to charge it. The only thing running the car will do will allow him to run his computer, which in turn gives him access to instant mesanger. Yes the same type of instant messanger you and I have. This allows them to talk back and forth (most of the time not police related).

Also, is this guy awake or alseep sitting in his car?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information