Thread: Interesting thread

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Interesting thread

If this is "interesting" based on the first post, splitting the State in two wouldn't go over well with all of the people who want a reduced government. Having a split state creates another level of govenment with another governor, comptroller, Assemblymen & women, Senators, etc. And there is nothing to support that a whole new government body for half the State would work out at all. To me it's just one of those distracting ideas that will not happen.

I love how NYC gets the Adirondacks.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Originally posted by Night Owl
    If this is "interesting" based on the first post, splitting the State in two wouldn't go over well with all of the people who want a reduced government. Having a split state creates another level of govenment with another governor, comptroller, Assemblymen & women, Senators, etc. And there is nothing to support that a whole new government body for half the State would work out at all. To me it's just one of those distracting ideas that will not happen.

Well you basically only have half as many of them.. minus a few admins...

Plus who says we would pay the new state employees the same wages and benefits? New state, new contracts...

Great idea and has been banded about for years. Unfortunately it takes an act of Congress in Washington to accomplish. Do you think we could ever find the leaders in this end of the state to carry the torch? No, because Albany would make certian they where removed from the equation.

Thread Information