Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Control board

Originally posted by biker
    I'llanswer a couple of your questions, better stated.

"Would you rather incur debt or continue paying bloated salaries to unnecessary public employees?"

Fire the SOBs.

"Would you rather pay a few million to high-priced consultants that will save you tens of millions or continue as usual?"

Pay the Yalies and fire the crud in government. Start with patronage types and continue from there.

Clear enough for you?
    I can't Belive you actually agree with me. Fireing those patronage whores on the control board is a good start. Geting rid of the bloated salaries of these unnecessary patronage types and thier friends from PFM that are robbing the local taxpayers (they already took $860,000 and they haven't even become a hard control board yet) would go a long way to removing the top layer of crud in Goverment.
    This shows a willingness that Business as usual will not be tolerated.
    On the other hand I don't agree with you about paying some one just because they have a degree from a place like Yale. This is the kind of thinking that gets you into the kind of situation we are in. I am not impressed by Ivy league degrees. Some one could have a degree from yale and be a complete dud. (G.W. comes to mind).
    I'll take a guy who goes into the trenches and performs his job eachday to the best of his ability over some ivy league schmuck who thinks he should be paid just because of his credentialies. that's not taxpayer dollars well spent.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

He doesn't need to go on from there.

You're overpaid with or without bennies.

Public employee bennies are so outrageous the comparison will only get worse.

Guess you'd better retreat into your dufus routine. Ask for a citation for that. Call it into question. Or just do like the firefighters and lie.

Boy are you out of step with the reality of the situation.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

Free Buffalo Policy Report No. 2, to be released next week, does propose eliminating the funding of the control board as unnecessary.

Thank you Mr Ostrowski.
    There are a lot of problems facing this area. Everyone who takes notice of what is said here knows I am an advocate for labor and public employees. Of course I would be I am one myself.
    There are a lot of misconceptions and sterotypes about the unionized public employee that are simply not true or are overexaggerated.
    I don't agree with everything some of the unions do but I belive that any changes made should be done in the context of agreements and procedures and by according to the laws regarding them.
    That having been said, I am still a taxpayer and as any other taxpayer I am against pork and patronage. Pork and patronage have nothing to do with public employee unions, other than a way for politicians to get around the work rules and civil service law to take care of their friends. They attack union workers, but for different reasons than John Q. Public.
    Their motavation is to elimante us to make room for more of their cronies. The worst thing I think public sector employees have done is look the other way when usless political appointments were added to their department. The silence was bought by fear of not being allowed to come in and do their jobs with out being harrased. They simply looked the other way so the work would get done.
    I see these control boards and all the contracts like PFM's as the worst form of patronage because it was forced on us by Albany. People say they want change, they want an end to patronage. Yet they accept this as the answer, and it's just the same thing coming from a new angle.
    There are also people who will disagree with anything I say just because it's me saying it. It dosen't matter if it makes sense or not.
    I am starting to think it's personal.

My recollection is that, over the years, unions have supported lots of candidates who used patronage to stay in power. Are unions consistently against patronage. If so, it's news to me.

My recollection is that, over the years, unions have supported lots of candidates who used patronage to stay in power. Are unions consistently against patronage. If so, it's news to me.
    No kidding. the unions were part of the patronage system until the money ran out.
    Data is not the plural of Anecdote.

I guess I wasn't clear enough.

PFM or the control board is not the problem.

Public employees are the problem.

The fewer of them, the less the problem.

I had a good laugh when one of the "solutions" to our problems was to have them "work" another hour each day. Since they don't work at all now, how would that solve anything.

Here's how one more hour a day would "work." The public sector slug would sit at their desks and not do anything.

Who would be able to tell the difference from the rest of the day.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

[B]I guess I wasn't clear enough.

PFM or the control board is not the problem.

Public employees are the problem.

/B]
    I guess I wasn't clear enough.
    I knew what you meant. I was just being sarcastic and making light of your backward thinking.
    I won't challange your intellect in such a manner again. It obviously isn't much of a Challange.
    But if you think paying eight hundred and sixty thousand dollars of your tax payer dollars to a politicly connected company in a no bid contract over three months is not a problem I do have to question your intellectual capacity.
    To me, and most taxpayers in these parts, that is the core of the problem. When goverment feels threatend or challanged by a sense of public outrage they look at it as a way to spend more of your money on their friends by convincing you they are correcting the problem. You just can't see the forest for the trees.
    Public employees are not the problem. It is the politicians and people like you who just don't get it that are the problem.

Originally posted by Jim Ostrowski

It is part of the "look the other way" thinking I mentioned. I didn't say I agreed to it. Backing Masiello the first time taught our union a lesson we will never forget. We backed him and he extended his patronage at our expense. We (264 AFSCME) are much more cautious now.

Originally posted by citymouse
    It is part of the "look the other way" thinking I mentioned. I didn't say I agreed to it. Backing Masiello the first time taught our union a lesson we will never forget. We backed him and he extended his patronage at our expense. We (264 AFSCME) are much more cautious now.
    To remember or forget implies you have brains.

Which you don't.

Our area will be best off (not better off, best off) when we fire all public employees.

Starting with garbagemen.

You're all incompetent parasites. Do everyone a favor and shoot yourself.

To remember or forget implies you have brains.

Which you don't.

Our area will be best off (not better off, best off) when we fire all public employees.

Starting with garbagemen.

You're all incompetent parasites. Do everyone a favor and shoot yourself.

All right Eienstien. I wonder if you eat with the same ass you talk out of.
    Fire the garbage men? Your answer to solving all the crooked politicians, patronage hires, Taxpayer dollars wasted on control boards and no bid contracts is to fire all the public employees.
    This thread was about the taxpayer's wasting money on PFM and the county control board. It's not about you showing everybody who reads these boards what a jackass you are.
    If you had an ounce of a brain yourself you would see the parasites are the companies like PFM and the patronage grabbing scum that hire the likes of them.
    The answer to whats wrong with all of WNY is that people like you live here. Simple minded fools who just don't look into the real problems facing this place, just have an idea in thier head that they can solve the whole problem by putting people they don't like out of work.
    You do want the services don't you? You just don't want to pay for them. Arguing with you is really a waste of time because you are incapable of comprehending common sense. When you don't have it I guess you don't miss it, or know what it is.

Jesus H Christ, biker, have you lost your wits totally?
    We know your guys in Washington are letting you down---don't take it out on us!
    No garbagemen, no firemen, who else?
    No offense to the birds, but you sound like a birdbrain this time.

Hi.

How are you?

Isn't the weather nice today?

Isn't this pleasant?

Now that we've all made nicey-nice, I'll get down to the issue.

All public employees are lazy parasites.

The fewer of them the better.

If we have to pay a consultant to take them out, so be it.

I wonder if we will someday be able to program a terminator to take them out.

Have a nice day.

Look, biker, you know as well as I do that there's good ones and bad ones. I just want the bad ones out. So cut it out with the GENERALIZING.

There is no merit in trying to search for the "good" and the "bad".

No way a "surgical strike" works either; you have to use a meat cleaver.

Look at the bloated payroll of the City; how much has it gone down the past ten years?

You need a moron like Giambra and Holt to hack away at the parasites.

Fire all public employees.

You know what a great line is on the radio? "Only non-essential personnel should report to work."

We should fire all who don't show up.

And half of those that do.

You know what the original pioneers (before Miles Standish) wrote home about? There were no taxes, no government, no poor. If you didn't work, you starved.

Wouldn't that be great; most government workers would just disappear.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information