Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Control board

Originally posted by speaker
    You know, mouse, I've always enjoyed and valued your posts. But you know what, you'd be so much more credible to me if I could feel you were truly unbiased. I don't know what the majority of other posters think, but that's what I think.
    Rather than biased I would say I am extremly passionate about what I belive and how much I love the town I live in.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

WNY is dying and it is not because are taxes aren't high enough!
    Well Said!

we have to raise taxes for a while and temporarily to start again and try true reform let's do it.
    ...which really means "stop and/or postone any real reforms for as long as possible so that the special interests won't have to endure being cut off of the public teat."

No one seems to belive me ...
    That's correct - we don't.

Rather than biased I would say I am extremly passionate about what I belive and how much I love the town I live in.
    Clearly. Where else could you live and run roughshod over the taxpayers like you do in WNY? You're loving this town to death...
    Data is not the plural of Anecdote.

Wrong on every count. You seem to have a passion for mis interpreting everything I say to some warped cynicism.
    What I said is what I meant. There is no "which really means" to it. I can voice my own thoughts, feelings and opinions with my own words and I don't need you to intrpret for me. Particularly when you are so far off the mark.
    It's too bad you aren't creative enough to do the same and have to be inspired by my thoughts. I guess originality isn't your strong suit.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

Originally posted by Curmudgeon
    [B]
    ...which really means "stop and/or postone any real reforms for as long as possible so that the special interests won't have to endure being cut off of the public teat."

]

Again, that's not what I meant at all. But since you disagree, let me ask you.
    Do you think passing the debt off to futurre generations in the form of long term deficit borrowing with the millions in interest in incurs, as well as locking in thirty years (or at least the length of the debt) of control board costs and patronage positions, is a resonable alternative to a short term tax increase to balance the budget while we work on reform in a reasonable manner?
    ( what is written here is exactly what is meant. There is no between the lines meaning, It is a yes or no question, you either do or you don't.)

Control boards are a terrific idea.

It is the only way to break the incestuous, perverted, self-serving partners in crime between the elected politicians and the public unions. Who enrich themselves at the expense of the taxpayer.

The Buffalo Control Board has instituted a wage freeze that will continue for years.

In about 10 years, the average city workers wages and benefits will approach that of the average city resident.

With any luck, the same thing will happen at the County level.

That is the beginning and end of what Mouse hates. Anything concerns about democracy is "gorilla dust".
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Tune in and pay attention. You eother didn't take the time to read what I said or you couldn't comprehend it. I will assume you are suffering from ADD and try to clear it up,
    The mouse dosen't like wasting money on patronage, which is what these control boards are all about. He dosen't like them giving their friends on Wall Street the money that long term deficit financing will cost.
    That is the begining and the end of what the mouse don't like.
    I asked a yes or no question. Nobody wants to answer it. I will try again.
    Do you feel that passing the debt of to future generations in the form of defict financing and the millions spent on interest that it incurs, as well as locking in a control board for upwards of thirty years (or until the debt is paid) at todays price of $2.5 million per year of control board costs and patronage positions is a viable alternative to a short term tax increase while we work on reasonable reform?
    Yes or No?
    It seems to be a pattern. when I ask a common sense question such as this, Biker and Crummie aren't heard from on that particular thread any longer.

Originally posted by biker
    The Buffalo Control Board has instituted a wage freeze that will continue for years.

In about 10 years, the average city workers wages and benefits will approach that of the average city resident.

With any luck, the same thing will happen at the County level.

I think your average blue collar worker in the city or county would love to make what the average Erie County resident makes.
    The average Blue collar guy in the city makes about thirty thousand.
    What does the average Erie County resident make?

City Maybe it is because they do not except the premise of your question? The question you ask is ficticious at this time and may not happen as you state. You are assuming that there will be deficit financing. You are also assuming the control board will be here for thirty years. Maybe. Maybe not. Many factors are still unknown so for a simple yes or no. Can not happen. Your question is also a bait that is recognised by the people you have said won't answer you. Try a new question that can be answered.

$29,850.00 without benies.

Originally posted by LHardy

$29,850.00 without benies.
    How about with benies.

Originally posted by LHardy
    City Maybe it is because they do not except the premise of your question? The question you ask is ficticious at this time and may not happen as you state. You are assuming that there will be deficit financing. You are also assuming the control board will be here for thirty years. Maybe. Maybe not. Many factors are still unknown so for a simple yes or no. Can not happen. Your question is also a bait that is recognised by the people you have said won't answer you. Try a new question that can be answered.

I don't think the question is out of line at all. It is not at all ficticious. It has a high liklyhood of being the exact scenario. They can assume to interpret everything I say to fit some bizzare cconcept they have of my thoughts and feelings. They can put words in my mouth because they try to strengthen their points against my point of view.
    I on the other hand ask a question based on a choice that we stand a good chance of having to make and you criticize it.
    You take me to task for assuming the scenario may take place, but don't question what they assume my thoughts feelings and motavations are.
    A little one sided don't you think?
    Is this a disscussion or an attempt to polarize opinions?

(those are my new questions, can you answer them?)

I think the fact that they have used $860,000.00 of tax payer dollars already on a financial consulting firm lends credability to my argument on control boards. Particularly because said firm (PFM) was given the contract in a no bid situation and that the firm is a major donor to Patacki and the New York State Republican party. (Bufffalo uses them as well).
    Let's see. High salaries to appointed control board staff who awards no bid contracts to firms that just happen to be conected to the powers that be.
    Yep, sounds, looks and smells like pork and patronage to me.
    Do you Disagree?
    Or is this another unfair question.

I agree.

I'llanswer a couple of your questions, better stated.

"Would you rather incur debt or continue paying bloated salaries to unnecessary public employees?"

Fire the SOBs.

"Would you rather pay a few million to high-priced consultants that will save you tens of millions or continue as usual?"

Pay the Yalies and fire the crud in government. Start with patronage types and continue from there.

Clear enough for you?

Originally posted by citymouse
    How about with benies.
    He doesn't need to go on from there.

You're overpaid with or without bennies.

Public employee bennies are so outrageous the comparison will only get worse.

Guess you'd better retreat into your dufus routine. Ask for a citation for that. Call it into question. Or just do like the firefighters and lie.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information