Thread: Legislatures approved Giambra 4 year plan

Unregistered

Angry Legislatures approved Giambra 4 year plan

So the county Legislaures approved Giambra' plan
    with a couple of changes lowered the first year propert tax increase from 25% to 16% and but added 1/2 penny sales tax
    they voted 8 yes to 7 no. I thought they needed 10 votes
    not 8 votes

They need 10 votes to actually raise the tax; this is just nonbinding statement of intent (or "memorandum of intent" seems to be the vogue these days) to raise the tax! Obviously there's nothing wrong here...
    Remain calm!! But run for your lives if necessary!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So is it time to demand a hard control board and protest no tax increases of any kind ?

raise me

Last year I didn't care one way or the other what got raised. However, this year, I bought a house and no stop, wait, wait, don't raise my property tax I'll loss my home before I sepnd a year living in it.

I vote raise the sales tax to 15 cents but keep my propert taxes low.....Boy, buying a house will put you into the poorhouse real fast.

Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Re: Legislatures approved Giambra 4 year plan

Originally posted by jennifer7
    So the county Legislaures approved Giambra' plan
    with a couple of changes lowered the first year propert tax increase from 25% to 16% and but added 1/2 penny sales tax
    they voted 8 yes to 7 no. I thought they needed 10 votes
    not 8 votes
    I believe this is the 1st step in trying to delay the vote until after the November election. They have put off making the hard decisions for over 10 months now, they can EASILY put this off until mid November.

Re: Re: Legislatures approved Giambra 4 year plan

Originally posted by Typhoon
    I believe this is the 1st step in trying to delay the vote until after the November election. They have put off making the hard decisions for over 10 months now, they can EASILY put this off until mid November.
    AND, Keep the Control Board from becoming Hard.

AND, Keep the heat off of incumbants running and current elected officials until they are safely in office.

AND, Keep everyone confused enough to stop any revolt. Hard to revolt, if the average person has no idea what is going on.

What ticks me off, and many others here it that they (elected officials) just don't get it.

We don't need increased revenues (taxes, fees).
    We need Less spending.

NO MORE TAXES. LIVE WITH WHAT YOU GOT.

This is not brain surgery. (smacks forehead with palm)
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

I'm going to publicly voice my support, along with WNYResident and a bunch others, for a Stong control board with teeth. I think even some of the legislators are hoping that comes along as well - It will allow the controlboard to be the "*******s" and do the dirtywork.
    "I know the man. he is not using a theasuarus."

y2000
    I'll add my support, someone needs to do the dirty work arounf here.

Angry

Originally posted by y2000
    I'll add my support, someone needs to do the dirty work arounf here.
    It's such a shame though that we have to bring in another group of people, AGAIN, to do the work of the politicians we elect. Our area government is so dysfunctional it's sickening!

Thread Information