Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freshman County Legislator Cries Foul Over Letter

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Freshman County Legislator Cries Foul Over Letter

Freshman County Legislator Cries Foul Over Letter

Freshman Erie County Legislator Raymond Walter (R-Amherst) has only been on the job for about 2 months. But he's rankled members of the Legislature's Democratic Majority by calling them out for a letter produced at taxpayer expense, the wording of which he says violates the legislature's own rules regarding mailing.
    Standing before boxes containing approximately 8,000 letters and envelopes addressed to election inspectors throughout Erie County, Walter called the authors of those letters on the carpet for what he termed, "waste, fraud and abuse".

The form letters, signed by legislature Democrats, thank the election inspectors for their service and were due to be sent out at taxpayer expense in the coming days, according to the Erie County Office of Information and Support Services.

Walter asked the Collins' administration to defer sending them until he could get an opinion on whether the content of the letter violates the legislature's own rules regarding mailing -- which Walter clearly believes they do.

What bothers Walter is the letter extends thanks on behalf of the legislature's Democratic majority, in what he claims is a violation of the legislature's Rules of Order.
    Read the whole article on Channel 2

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This part was good

This makes the letters, according to Walter, "political propaganda, produced at taxpayer expense."
    I think the 11 Democratic lawmakers who are involved in this should pay all cost regarding this issue. They made a stink about a completely legal Bid by Volland electric so they should do what is right and cover he expenses out of their pocket.

Legislature Chair Lynn Marinelli (D-Tonawanda) told 2 On Your Side she was already in the process of stopping the letter from being mailed so it could be re-worded, while Legislator Robert Reynolds (D-Hamburg) said the issue was being over blown.
    Just like the Volland bid was just to play some political game.

Unregistered
    you'd be surprised what a legislator can mail out with their postal code. this is just one that got caught. doesn't compare to a company collins owns winning a county bid. r u mad about the mailings or still bitter about the volland bid being uncovered?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree_hugger29 View Post
    you'd be surprised what a legislator can mail out with their postal code. this is just one that got caught. doesn't compare to a company collins owns winning a county bid. r u mad about the mailings or still bitter about the volland bid being uncovered?
    The Democrat actions were "waste, fraud and abuse" while the other was just a legal seal bid by a local company that has been doing business for the tax payer for years. Your right it doesn't compare.

I hope the democratic legislators do the right thing and cover all expenses because of their actions out of their own pockets.

Standing before boxes containing approximately 8,000 letters and envelopes addressed to election inspectors throughout Erie County, Walter called the authors of those letters on the carpet for what he termed, "waste, fraud and abuse".

I wonder how much that is going to cost each legislator involved. I don't see why a tax payer should cover that cost at all.

This is something the democratic legislators did that is strictly against the rules.

Should we refer to the dems doing something illegal in this case?

Having a company legally bid on something and be LOW bid isn't against the rules. Show me the law/rule that was broken that states an elected official can not have minor ownership of a business and win a sealed bid.

I think it's ironic that Legislator Robert Reynolds (DEMOCRAT-Hamburg) said
    the issue was being over blown.

1 Main Street
    Hamburg, NY 14075
    Phone - 649-2640
    Fax - 648-1757
    Email: reynolds@erie.gov

Was he endorsed by Lenny Lenihan of the Erie County Democratic party?

Treehugger
    you'd be surprised what a legislator can mail out with their postal code.
    So treehugger, tell me more then. You were all chatty about the legal Volland bid. Give us some examples to what your referring to. What other items do you believe break the rules in place?

Unregistered
    i don't know how to reply to this spin. i'm reading your posts as picking a fight with D's. you said mailings don't compare to volland bid. then asked for me to show you laws/rules broken with the bid. then asked who lenny endorsed. i don't like the idea of mailings at tax payers expense. in the volland conversation some people cried playing politics. what is your previous post? playing politics, from the other side.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It's not playing politics when the actual rules were broken. Where's the spin? They actually broke a rule on the books.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    It's not playing politics when the actual rules were broken. Where's the spin? They actually broke a rule on the books.
    Well for some people the book's don't apply as long as it benifits them at someone else's cost!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    the mailings are wrong. the spin is saying mailings and volland don't compare but post another pale comparison about volland's winning bid. the story is a violation of the legislature's Rules of Order. the legislature isn't playing politics. you are. how can anyone spin volland out of a legislator who did something wrong? unless he's picking a fight with D's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles
    Well for some people the book's don't apply as long as it benifits them at someone else's cost!
    i'll write it again for those who are reading challenged. the mailings are wrong.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree_hugger29 View Post
    i'll write it again for those who are reading challenged. the mailings are wrong.
    Just as accusations of a company's valid bid are wrong.

Bottom line, Democrats are usually wrong.

Unregistered
    That's all this guy does wnyresident is bash dems - there are lots of reps who do bad things too. maybe wnyresident should run for legislator, their office is up this year. actually do something rather than just sit at the computer and complain about the dems. what area is he from anyway?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Red AND Blue View Post
    That's all this guy does wnyresident is bash dems - there are lots of reps who do bad things too. maybe wnyresident should run for legislator, their office is up this year. actually do something rather than just sit at the computer and complain about the dems. what area is he from anyway?
    Oh, I'm being taunted The reason is seems dems are targeted is because more dems are elected. I don't care what the party label is. Tell me about some of the crap the reps do. They are fair game.

Actually do something? Before speakup was started where was all this type of stuff aired out? I think we have more people talking politics now that we did 5 years ago. Or at least more dirty laundry out in the open on speakup so the general public can see what the "government" service businesses are up to.

Doing any type of political business at the taxpayer's expense is wrong IMO.

I remember some years ago, I called a political candidate ( to schedule an interview with our committee) while she was working at the town. She asked if she could call me back. She went home during lunch hour to call
    me.

That's all this guy does wnyresident is bash dems -
    And your point is?
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakers77 View Post
    And your point is?
    yeah there ya go.. What is your point

I was not happy with Pres Bush really. He did not even try to close out southern borders from illegal intruders yet he's worried what is going on in the Middle East. We got border to you know.

Red and Blue if you know of any government politicians who puts their needs in front of our WNY community needs post it up. Nail them. It's money out of our pockets for the most part.

Unregistered
    maybe wnyresident should run for legislator, their office is up this year.
    to wnyresident: filing a petition isn't hard. getting signatures is a lotta work. if you stand up for what you believe in, it might be worth it. sandy might be able to help. give her a call.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information