Thread: Lancaster/Depew Substance Abuse Coalition establishes Youth/Family Services Division

Lancaster/Depew Substance Abuse Coalition establishes Youth/Family Services Division

Lancaster Councilman Ronald Ruffino read a correspondence that the town had received from the Lancaster-Depew Substance Abuse Coalition concerning the need for a Youth/Family Services Division that was being established within the Town of Lancaster Police Department to improve and streamline present town substance abuse agencies.

More...

I just read Mr. Chowaniec's second article on the new Youth/Family Services Division. http://www.speakupwny.com/article_3946.shtml This thing isn't passing the smell test.

Extra cost? There's no extra cost, but the school board wants a 17% salary increase for the SRO officers? Because they have a greater participation in dances, football games, etc.? What do they mean, greater participation? They didn't participate in these events before? Or they did, but now their participation is - greater? I hold Ed Myszka in high respect, but I'm a bit disappointed that he couldn't tell MacKay why he put the increase in the budget, he has to (shades of Sarah Pallin) look into it, and get back to her.

And, in reading the article, it does look like a redundant division is being created. You have all these other divisions, but they don't work together, so you need another to make them work together? Why can't I swallow that?

And, who's on this division, this board? And was the Depew village board really invited to all there meetings?

No one wants to see kids doing foolish things go to jail, but is another division really necessary? I thought the youth courts were suppose to intervene to work out alternative solutions?
    The town board creates the problems and when the residents complain, the town board tells them it's the resident's fault.

I smell another promotion. Let me see, who deserves a pay increase for the added responsibilities?

Why don't we think out-of-the box. It sounds like we have to many overlapping agencies, doing the same thing. If most of them are eliminated, the communication problem should also be eliminated.

Now I smell a conflict of interest. Turns out Lisa Lickspittle from the du-Bee-ous is on the board of this new division. At last monday nights depew board meeting, the mayor was asked if she was invited to any of the meetings. She said she was invited to one, but hasn't been invited since. Several of the board members and the police chief was asked if they were invited. One board member said they went to the first meeting but hadn't heard anything since. The rest said they were not contacted or invited. This is contrary to what stupervisor giza said. In Chowaniec's first article he quotes the geezer saying that depew was always invited into the town's programs. The du-Bee-ous also qouted geezer saying the same thing. When Lisa Lickspittle was confronted with this information, she got angry. When this weeks depew and lancaster du-Bee-ous came out, none of this was reported.

Lisa Lickspittle doesn't live in lancaster or depew. Why is she on this board? Well, ain't it obvious, she's on the board so she can sell the town's bull in the du-Bee-ous. The conflict of interest is, because Lickspittles the editor, she can keep the bad news out of the paper. What a joke.
    The town board creates the problems and when the residents complain, the town board tells them it's the resident's fault.

The young editor of the Bee is only following the parent's company party line. that is do not become confrontational with the political establishment in town politics.

The Bee attempted to take a active role in issues about 20 years ago. This by addressing both sides of community issues. The result was the Bee was dropped as the "official" voice of the town of Lancaster.

What this meant was the Bee lost income from all town legal notices. The Bee learned a lesson in a hurry, Do not mess with the establishment. A year or two went by and the Bee again became the Town mouthpiece.

I really hate when people mess with someone's name in a derogatory manner. How can I see your view as serious when you post/whine/act like a child?
    I don't read the Bee and therefore have a hard time believing anyone's name is "Lickspittle". Grow up.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    I really hate when people mess with someone's name in a derogatory manner. How can I see your view as serious when you post/whine/act like a child?
    I don't read the Bee and therefore have a hard time believing anyone's name is "Lickspittle". Grow up.
    Wag, I would have to agree with mesue that parodying the Bee editor's name with something non complimentary takes away from the point you are trying to make.

At the same time, I can understand your frustration at the lack of news being reported on what takes place at Town Board meetings and their work sessions.

Mesue states she doesn't read the Bee so she has no idea where your frustration comes from. Lancaster residents have no problem with the Bee not writing in such manner to ever put the town in bad light, but failing to report what transpires at board meetings and work sessions is disturbing.

As professional journalists, the Bee, its editor and staff are responsible for reporting the news that affects and impacts town residents. Such has not been the case recently where the Bee has not spent one drop of ink re the town considering a reval program, residents complaining to the town and sewer district on sanitary sewer backups, flooding and drainage issues, funding for a new police facility, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TTDeathInLan View Post
    The young editor of the Bee is only following the parent's company party line. that is do not become confrontational with the political establishment in town politics.

The Bee attempted to take a active role in issues about 20 years ago. This by addressing both sides of community issues. The result was the Bee was dropped as the "official" voice of the town of Lancaster.

What this meant was the Bee lost income from all town legal notices. The Bee learned a lesson in a hurry, Do not mess with the establishment. A year or two went by and the Bee again became the Town mouthpiece.
    So your saying the town told the du-Bee-ous that if they printed the other side of the story the du-Bee-ous would no longer be the official town newspaper. By not giving them official status, the du-Bee-ous would lose income. So the du-Bee-ous buckled under and stopped printing the other side of the story. There's a term for that. It's called blackmail.

Regarding Lisa Lickspittle, her nickname comes from abusive verbal responses she's made to various residents. We're not the only ones who need to grow up.

Thread Information