Tony Fracasso - Admin

Obama family's trip to Africa

Costly Obama family trip to Africa under fire amid sequester cuts

President Obama’s trip this month to Africa, with the first family
    tagging along, is projected to cost taxpayers as much as $100 million,
    sparking criticism as the federal government scrimps along during
    sequester-related budget cuts.

Read more

I think it seems like a bit much... Think they should go or not?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Costly Obama family trip to Africa under fire amid sequester cuts

Read more

I think it seems like a bit much... Think they should go or not?
    ONLY..if it's a one way ticket!

It's nothing compared to the 7 trips to Africa his predecessor took. Just another slice of hypocrisy from Faux News.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Of course, if all else fails say "Bush was the same". Not even mentioning that there was no sequester back then. Gotta love the blatant hypocrisy of Obamaniacs!

"We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

Former President George W. Bush, who made the fight against AIDS in Africa a major part of his administration, will soon be heading to Zambia and Tanzania.

In Zambia, Bush and former first lady Laura Bush will help open a clinic to combat cervical cancer. Mrs. Bush will host an African First Ladies Summit in Tanzania on July 2-3, a project of the George W. Bush Institute.
    He is going again, good cause to.

‘Lead by example’: Fellow Democrat blasts Obama’s pricey trip to Africa

Rep. John Barrow (Dem) blasted President Obama’s weeklong trip to Africa that begins Wednesday, urging the president to “lead by example” by not taking such an expensive visit, The Blaze first reported.

The trip to Senegal, South Africa and Tanzania will carry a price tag estimated between $60 million and $100 million

“No one here questions the need for security for our commander in chief,” Mr. Barrow, Georgia Democrat, said. “But we do question the need for such expensive trips when so many folks across the country are being forced to cut back because Congress can’t get its act together.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2X3pGkj2i
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan2009 View Post
    Of course, if all else fails say "Bush was the same". Not even mentioning that there was no sequester back then. Gotta love the blatant hypocrisy of Obamaniacs!
    The hypocrisy is all yours. Just not the reading comprehension.

Not only am I not saying Bush and Obama were the same, but that the Bushes were actually worse, taking 7 expensive trips versus Obama's 1. During one trip, First Lady Bush took the twins on safari, the same extravagance that President Obama declined. Yet at the time, no outcry of wasteful spending, even during a time of astronomical borrowing/spending on 2 wars, Katrina relief, bank bailouts, Millionaire tax cuts, etc.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post

Not only am I not saying Bush and Obama were the same, but that the Bushes were actually worse, taking 7 expensive trips versus Obama's 1. During one trip, First Lady Bush took the twins on safari, the same extravagance that President Obama declined. Yet at the time, no outcry of wasteful spending, even during a time of astronomical borrowing/spending on 2 wars, Katrina relief, bank bailouts, Millionaire tax cuts, etc.
    Regardless, It's ridiculous at the time like this. Try face time..

Why don't we just give them the money instead of the visit, probably would do more good. !...?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Obama's family have taken only 1 vacation while in office?

Sometimes it is the little things that count. If we don't have money to have White House tours we don't have money for road trips.

Obama's family have taken only 1 vacation while in office?

Sometimes it is the little things that count. If we don't have money to have White House tours we don't have money for road trips.
    A) President Obama’s trip is official travel, not a vacation.

B) It's the only African trip the President has made, apart from a 22-hour stop-over in Ghana in 2009.

And C) There are those who would criticize the President for spending $5 on a hot & Ready pizza from Little Caeser's, much less a diplomatic trip to a developing continent. Those people are just bitter amnesiacs who are still trying to cope with losing the 2008 election.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

B) It's the only African trip the President has made, apart from a 22-hour stop-over in Ghana in 2009.

And C) There are those who would criticize the President for spending $5 on a hot & Ready pizza from Little Caeser's, much less a diplomatic trip to a developing continent. Those people are just bitter amnesiacs who are still trying to cope with losing the 2008 election.
    B) I didn't ask how many vacations to africa. I said "Obama's family have taken only 1 vacation while in office?"

Wasn't there vacation in Spain to?

He took the wife and kids and the kids are on summer vacation but, it's not a vacation.

B) I didn't ask how many vacations to africa. I said "Obama's family have taken only 1 vacation while in office?"

Wasn't there vacation in Spain to?
    How many vacations they've taken is unrelated to this topic, as this is not a vacation trip. But since you brought it up, compared to his Republican predecessor (1,020 days) the President has taken very little vacation time so far (128 days).

Anyone making a comparison about how many days a President spends on 'vacation' is a moron. The POTUS never goes on vacation, they change locations but it's not like they ever have a day off.

What can and should be compared is the cost of changing locations. When the POTUS heads to Camp David or a family compound the costs are signifiantly less than when they head to destinations that are not already situated. Becuase the POTUS never goes on vacation, essentially the 'West Wing' needs to travel with him. This costs money...a lot of money.

I don't know who spent more but just wanted to point out that you're a moron if you're counting days.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Anyone making a comparison about how many days a President spends on 'vacation' is a moron. The POTUS never goes on vacation, they change locations but it's not like they ever have a day off.

What can and should be compared is the cost of changing locations. When the POTUS heads to Camp David or a family compound the costs are signifiantly less than when they head to destinations that are not already situated. Becuase the POTUS never goes on vacation, essentially the 'West Wing' needs to travel with him. This costs money...a lot of money.

I don't know who spent more but just wanted to point out that you're a moron if you're counting days.
    I'd be willing to bet that several dozen trips to Camp David & Crawford on Air Force One cost more than a handful of trips to Hawaii.

I'd be willing to bet that several dozen trips to Camp David & Crawford on Air Force One cost more than a handful of trips to Hawaii.
    I would take you up on that bet since Camp David is already secure. Not 100% sure I would win but I would take those odds
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Thread Information