Thread: Paper Ballots... A New Wrinkle

Paper Ballots... A New Wrinkle

I went to the BOE today to monitor the progress of the counting of the paper ballots.

Yesterday when i was there to observe the demonstration of the optical scanner for the ABSENTEE PAPER BALLOTS, I heard the Channel 7 Reporter say she was going to ask why the optical scanners could not be used to count the Paper Ballots that were used in the districts. When I saw her there today, I asked her what she found out.

Apparently the paper ballots that can be read by optical scanners cost 3xs more than the plain paper ballots. Ralph Mohr overheard us talking and he chimed in. When he spoke up I asked him if the BOE had done any sort of cost comparison on the cost to have ordered scannable paper ballots for the district voting vs. labor costs for the manual counting vs. costs to get the voting machines put in place. Given the confusion in the room, his answer was incomprehensible.

Now factor in the newest facts which are that the BOE had 85,000 plain paper ballots printed to ensure plenty of extras and today we hear they are anticipating counting a total of about 10,000 actual plain paper ballots that were cast.

How mismanged was that? They most likely could have afforded scannable paper ballots for use through-out the entire county, not just ABSENTEE Ballots, with better forecasting. Also, begs the question if the added cost at even 40,000 paper ballots would not have been justified.

Just amazing.

Cindy

Locklear

It looks like you are going to win. Congrats and good luck. Hope you stay far far away from Giambra. I think that may have sunk your opponent. At one time he was a yes boy for the then King Joel...Hopefully you'll be a fresh , independent voice. Again , good luck.

Thumbs up

Ms. Locklear:
    This is an assumed display of your desire to get to the bottom of Governmental Malfunctions.
    I cheer your success and offer you my support and any help that I can.

Thankyou

TreeGuy, I appreciate the congrats and the advice. I too have heard of the connection Tim Wroblewski has to Giambra. I can only hope my margin at least holds through the rest of the count. If i make it onto the Legislature, rest assured I will not follow down that path. Levi's post below is correct. I intend on drilling down deep into the "junk" we get fed by our govt. More to come.

Levi, thankyou. If in fact I make it to Nov 8, I will be looking for volunteers to take a 2hour slot on Primary Day at a polling place handing out lit. I think that last minute contact is vital. I will get in contact with you to discuss.

Cindy

Thread Information