Thread: Residents address Lancaster Town Board on flooding/drainage/sewer issues, Part I

Residents address Lancaster Town Board on flooding/drainage/sewer issues, Part I

Several Kennedy Court residents and a Stony Road resident addressed the Lancaster Town Board on sewer backups and flooding and drainage issues this past Monday evening.

More...

Do your homework and look around 2003 or 2004

Quote Originally Posted by speakup View Post
    Several Kennedy Court residents and a Stony Road resident addressed the Lancaster Town Board on sewer backups and flooding and drainage issues this past Monday evening.

More...
    This was a hot issue around that time when people from Kennedy Court were crying foul and water and flooding problems. This is the time the Town was allowing one of their buddies start development of new Homes. The Town Engineer and Giza yes The Giza the same guy that's saying didn't know of any problems was confronted at several board meeting when the project was pass. Giza is having a brain fart now when it comes to facing issues. And they still continue to elect these idots? Look at the pass and it will give you the future and Kennedy Court people you did bitch that time and now it's too late, sorry to inform you, your wasting your time and they don't give a ****!!!!!!!

Weren't Kennedy Court flooding issues brought before the town board when the Columbia Gardens project was proposed? Weren't those concerned told that improvements in the Columbia Garden development would solve the flooding problems in Kennedy Court and adjacent areas? Of course, how could you believe developers that started their project before final approval and permits were granted?
    The town board creates the problems and when the residents complain, the town board tells them it's the resident's fault.

Exclamation Is It just plain ignorance or stupidity

In a time where at almost every town meeting or rain storm the issue comes up of poor water pressure,flooding, drainage issues,sewage backing up into homes and irresponsible building in filled in wetlands how can our supervisor say he never knew there was a problem.

Is it just plain ignorance or denial. It makes you wonder who's supervising this town. Does the Town Board know what the hell is going on or do they even care. Last Rain and thaw they were so busy they were getting calls all over.(No Flooding problems in Lancaster).

I started this process years ago when the Town had there own engineer and complained about original Windsor Ridge and Bowen Square. I explained my concern on the elevation they were building these homes and explained how they were pushing water onto homeowners on Brunck Road.

Of course I was promised that the water would be contained and not effect our property. (Promises, Promises, Promises) And we keep putting the same nit wits in office! What training have they had if any to make these decisions.... Do they have any idea what there talking about?

Sypathetic! The article said the Town Board was Sypathetic! You may as well wipe your a## with there sympathy. No pun intended but when the Sh## get's deep and your bailing out your sewage they will be no where to be found.

Just think of the low taxes you pay for this wonderful treatment. You pay astronomical prices for there sympathy and with the expectation that they no nothing of what's actually occurring in this town. How many more developments should we build with a failing infrastructure? How many years ago did they say our water and sewers needed updating? How many more homes have been built since then! How many updates have been made?

We paid 100 or 200 thousand ( not sure the price kept changing) for a new bridge on Seibert because some nit wit decided it was OK to build 15 feet from a creek.

If I recall this was a fight at town Meeting that these were not buildable lots. It was also questioned on a lot on the other side of creek that was for sale. I was even told by government agencies that this was plain stupidity.

Just remember, we pay for all there mistakes and taxes will keep going up as they continue there smart growth and build up the Town with a failing infrastructure!

Were in Deep S###!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information