Thread: How can the State IP party endorse Mayor Brown without interviewing others?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

How can the State IP party endorse Mayor Brown without interviewing others?

Brown gains Independence nod for re-election

Democrat Byron W. Brown has again snared the Independence Party line in his re-election bid for mayor, creating a formidable ballot presence for the November general election.
    New York Independence Chairman Frank S. MacKay announced the move Tuesday as the party lined up behind Brown, as it did in 2005 and 2009.
    “Under Mayor Brown, the City of Buffalo has made great progress,” MacKay said. “Buffalo’s residents have reaped the benefits of lower taxes, no more hard control board, the highest bond rating in its history, safer streets, and the largest economic development growth in decades.”
    Read the full story in the Buffalo News

How can this happen? I don't believe Mr. MacKay as interviewed all candidates running for that seat.

NOT a difficult question....He made the $$ BEST OFFER$$...after all..isnt that what power is all about!!?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I wonder if there is a way to file a formal complaint. I don't believe all candidates have been interviewed. So who is left locally with the IP party that isn't a left over from the Dem/Rep parties?

Sergio is going to try the write-in route.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/politic...ence-line.html

Georgia L Schlager

They don't have to interview all candidates - and endorsing a Dem is easy when the Dem's Control that party.

Although I would vote for Mayor Brown if I could - I truly believe - contrary to what some people think - I believe his admin has done a good job of updating much needed equipment for City Service providers/City Workers.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Maybe Mayor Brown has done a good job, but who is to say that Mr. Rodriguez wouldn't do an even better job. Looks like we may never know.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvinBuffalo View Post
    Maybe Mayor Brown has done a good job, but who is to say that Mr. Rodriguez wouldn't do an even better job. Looks like we may never know.
    Exactly.

Did you read this?

Gov. Cuomo must deliver an ultimatum to the Independence Party: Stop the shams or the party dies

Far more than anyone else, Gov. Cuomo has the power to push Independence Party leaders to stop the deceptions by which they have undeservedly placed candidates on the ballot and altered the course of the vote.

Although he is a Democrat, Cuomo has singular leverage because New York grants standing to a political party only if its gubernatorial candidate pulls in at least 50,000 votes.

A party that falls short of that threshold is doomed.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/s...#ixzz2TT2DK0Sc

I'm still with the Independence Party of Erie County.

Thread Information