I need a 10 minute brain break..

As reference.

http://www.buffaloschools.org/district.cfm?subpage=68

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Public_Schools

Lets say they had an audit in the City of Buffalo and found an account with $200,000,000 dollars hidden away. No one can track where the money came from except it belongs to the City.

We all find out and I post up...

"What should the City do with the windfall"....

I make a comment why not take the 200,000,000 and invest to earn interest. Even at 4% the City could have a revenue stream of $8,000,000. The City could use that $8,000,000 to fix a lot of small things that may effect the quality of life for all residents...Pot holes, light fixtures, park items etc... Even use the 8 mil to promote tourism. You all mock me and tell me I'm an idiot.

Out of no where Phil registers and demands the Buffalo School district should receive all the funds. It's for the kids after all..

2860.6 (FTE)[2]
2142.7 (FTE)[2]

Employee to to student ratio:

34000 students / 5000 employees = 6.8 students per each employee.

I see there is a total of about 5000 employees.... Phil demands bonuses...

$200,000,000 / 5000 employees = $40,000 per employee one lump sum for 2014. Teachers agree with this idea. After all it is for the kids you know... Right Alan and Genoobie?

Then I post up my idea...

I say why not take the $200,000,000 and give it to the kids... You know if it for the kids after all....

$200,000,000 / 34,000 = $5,882 per child to be used for their educational needs. The parents control their own windfall to specifically help their own children's education. Each receives a debit card that can only ring out for specific approved items. If any funny business happens the debit card is instantly cancelled and the parent is made fun of by the red coats on channel 2.

Items could be....

A specific computer, pens/pencils, books, clothing, private tutoring, service to call to make sure the kids are up on time, a specific need of the child. You have 4 kids you get 4 windfalls to be used for the kids needs. We are all created equal that includes kids.

We could have "group purchases" where a group of parents combine their windfall to get their neighborhood school something that would benefit a group of kids.

20 parents might see a need for security at the school their children attend. 20 X $5890 = $117,800. 2 security guard could be hired.

20 parents might have children that need tutoring. $117,800 could hire 2 people to tutor the group if kids after hours or at the public library.

20 parents might have work conflicts. They could hire someone to somewhat baby sit the kids at a community center/library until the parents are home.

Maybe 20 parents think a community garden could teach their kids something over the summer that interests them. 20 parents from another school think it is a good idea also and decide to do a summer contest of who can grow the most. Give the kids a competitive streak. They form small community gardens ran by teams of school kids.

Maybe 20 parents want to teach their children live stock raising. Teach basic animal farming over the summer.

Maybe some parents see a need to get kids interested in robotics and want to start an in school program. They could get together with the interested kids, parents and fund a small program. The kids could compete against other school and crush them.

Maybe one school has a music program but it isn't funded as it used to be. Parents can group up and purchase enough instruments to form a small band.

Maybe one school has a sports program but it isn't funded as it used to be. Parents can group up and purchase sporting equipment.

Maybe a group of parents see a gang that is poisoning their children with drugs. They can pool their money and hire Chuck Norris to eradicate the gang. Or demolish the house that drags are being sold from...

You get the drift?

So Alan and Genoobie... which idea would benefit the children more? It is for the kids after all...