Thread: Security on SpeakUp.

Security on SpeakUp.

Does anyone know what can of security is on sites like these. I remember the Buffalo News use to run a on line site but changed it so that you have to use your own name no more handles to voice an opinion.
    Can a site like this be hacked into to find out information of people that post on this site.. if so who would be legally responsible.
    Just wondering.
    2010 Pistol Championship
    Army Staff Sgt. Robert Park II 3515-182x

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't know. Just don't post anymore than you would want anyone to know about. Most people only register with an email address and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
    Does anyone know what can of security is on sites like these. I remember the Buffalo News use to run a on line site but changed it so that you have to use your own name no more handles to voice an opinion.
    Can a site like this be hacked into to find out information of people that post on this site.. if so who would be legally responsible.
    Just wondering.
    Obama is going to have you audited by his IRS cronies.
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

Just wondering.
    I would have to say the owner of this site would be at fault for names of people being given out. Hacked maybe but that is hard, IP address court order or police invest. going on.
    You can't accuse a person of posting if you don't know the person for sure then you have to prove it. So it would be a legal mess for that person that throws names around, better have a lot of money for a attorney and the owner of the site better have a good one also.
    I have read a few stories about this sort of thing about sites that where shut down because of the legal mess.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm just curious what prompted this question to come up?

Most likely it’s already been done if not from here, from your work; your bank heck the Gov’t knows you by first name. What are you scared of America is turning into what you wanted a driving fee by the gas mile. Cops can now take your DNA without a warrant when you get arrested.

Yep, CHANGE is working isn’t it no more privacy that’s a thing of the past only you think there still is such a thing as privacy. Yep, America is moving ever so closer toward a police state.

Yep, I beat you didn’t know there is a Senator with a fact made up name that got elected by his state and still sits in Congress right now, who says Obama is an America citizen.

Yep, soon you will only log in on the internet site by real names only this is coming soon Obama say it is coming.

Yep, CHANGE is good isn’t it. It’s real good. There are about 1.6 million hackers in the world today from those teenage minor cool hackers to those mean bad guys who can write codes faster than you can change your phone number.

Yep, life is good; CHANGE is good all that is wrong with the world today has to do with that word CHANGE but don’t worry. You have an average percentage to be hacked like the rest of us so, don’t worry about it enjoy your life.

Just wondering.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    Cops can now take your DNA without a warrant when you get arrested.
    I'm unclear as to why this is a problem. We take your fingerprints when we arrest you. Same thing only different.

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I'm just curious what prompted this question to come up?

res was there a security breach???
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    res was there a security breach???
    That is why I am asking monkeyman what prompted him to ask.

I have town employees that stop quite regularly. I tell them don't tell me your names if you are worried about it.

Just about anyone who wants to know who I am already knows. I'm Tony.

Thread Information