Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why protest a memorial for the victims of the crash???

why protest a memorial for the victims of the crash???

PLEASE - SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME...................

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/westb...3407-memorials

I dont get it at all .................................................. ..........

the world is changing and sometimes not for the good................

and they protest memorials for those killed overseas???? IF ANYONE can help me understand this mentality, I would appreciate it....................
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Go take their signs away if they show up.

Unregistered
    It appears to me that being controversial is the only way they're able to attract any attention.

I'd say the best reaction, is NO REACTION. Ignore the freaks.

Quote Originally Posted by CAugust View Post

I dont get it at all .................................................. ..........

and they protest memorials for those killed overseas???? IF ANYONE can help me understand this mentality, I would appreciate it....................
    They're knuckleheads. (See Res, I'm not taking advantage of your filter system because I really like that "ass" isn't filtered, but the word "hole" should be next to "ass" when you speak of these people and I don't call people names too often)
    They make Christians look bad. I don't ever see them picket adulterers. All sins are equal, except one. Blaspheme is the only "bigger" sin.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by CAugust View Post

You've never heard of the Westboro Church? Those people are not what we would call "right in the head". "GOD HATES FAGS" is, essentially, their motto and inspiration.

Personal note: Years ago in Arlington, VA, while on the road with my old band, we were staying at a friends house that was down the street from a church where a funeral service was being held for a locally notable advocate of gay rights who had died from complications of AIDS. Superbly hungover and un-showered, I walked to the corner store and past a small group of Westboro wackos protesting the service. One young man, roughly mid-20's, gave me the ol' "do you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior. . ." sell on the sidewalk. Aware of what was going on, I whispered to him, "I love fags" and walked on my way. Heading back from the store, I reminded the same guy that I still loved "fags". Normally I wouldn't be obnoxious, but I had then just recently become aware of the Westboro hate-group and was two weeks into a 4-1/2 week cross country tour - which point usually was, in my experience, about the time you stopped giving a [crap].
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    It appears to me that being controversial is the only way they're able to attract any attention.

I totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    [I'd say the best reaction, is NO REACTION. Ignore the freaks.
    You're probably right but then again, we are talking Buffalo, NY and I think the protesters will be put in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    They're knuckleheads. (See Res, I'm not taking advantage of your filter system because I really like that "ass" isn't filtered, but the word "hole" should be next to "ass" when you speak of these people and I don't call people names too often)
    Amen, Sister.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke View Post
    Normally I wouldn't be obnoxious, but.........

Quote Originally Posted by Anotherview View Post
    You're probably right but then again, we are talking Buffalo, NY and I think the protesters will be put in their place.
    How so? Fortunately, their right to believe in demonstrably insane and hateful dogmas and assemble under those pretenses is, via certain well-tested provisions Constitution of the United States of America, protected discourse. That does not mean it shouldn't be mocked and derided wholeheartedly.

IMO, the best course of action is when anyone is asked by the media about the "religious" zealots, their response should be "who?". Just because they have the right to be heard doesn't mean they have the right to not be ignored. A good Christian would smile at them and simply say, "God loves all his creatures" and leave it at that. You're not going to reason with them, so why bother arguing?

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke View Post
    How so? Fortunately, their right to believe in demonstrably insane and hateful dogmas and assemble under those pretenses is, via certain well-tested provisions Constitution of the United States of America, protected discourse. That does not mean it shouldn't be mocked and derided wholeheartedly.

IMO, the best course of action is when anyone is asked by the media about the "religious" zealots, their response should be "who?". Just because they have the right to be heard doesn't mean they have the right to not be ignored. A good Christian would smile at them and simply say, "God loves all his creatures" and leave it at that. You're not going to reason with them, so why bother arguing?
    I agree Raoul but I grew up in the city of Buffalo and I've seen the reactions of those who are intolerant of protesters. I am not saying I agree. Personally, I would not protest although, if there's a tax revolt her in New York, I might change my mind

I agree Raoul but I grew up in the city of Buffalo and I've seen the reactions of those who are intolerant of protesters. I am not saying I agree.
    I too, have seen and bared witness to people who don't like protests in this area. Like I said, if you want to make a statement - make a point of not acknowledging or, at least, making light of them.
    Personally, I would not protest although, if there's a tax revolt her in New York, I might change my mind
    There will be no meaningful tax revolt. The previous paper-tiger "revolts" bear that out.

There's already organizing going on to hopefully shield the mourners from these vile pigs.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...2950627&ref=nf

http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php...d=130352840610

http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php...d=131407335253

We're already planning a peaceful, non-confrontational blocking off of these morons.

We could use more people, and more help making Angel costumes!

They also do there thing at service members funerals. A really sick group.
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

I actually thought about this, but on a much more local level.

Let me explain... On the news, it said that the property which the plane landed on, will be open for people to put flowers and stuff...

1) there was absolutely positively NO indication on the news as to wether the PROPERTY OWNER agreed to this. I for one, if something like that happened at my house, dont think I would want people hanging out at whats left of my house. I think that it should be up to the person who OWNS the property wether to allow hundreds of MORE people, to traverse his yard.

2) What happens when some clutz trips, falls and hurts themselves on this persons property? They gonna sue the family for liability? I mean, if the home owner, says 'ok' and everyone is 'cool' with it, then I think the airline or who ever owns the jet should pick up any and all liability claims that could possibly stem from any blood sucking sue happy maggots out there.

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    I actually thought about this, but on a much more local level.

Let me explain... On the news, it said that the property which the plane landed on, will be open for people to put flowers and stuff...

1) there was absolutely positively NO indication on the news as to wether the PROPERTY OWNER agreed to this. I for one, if something like that happened at my house, dont think I would want people hanging out at whats left of my house. I think that it should be up to the person who OWNS the property wether to allow hundreds of MORE people, to traverse his yard.

2) What happens when some clutz trips, falls and hurts themselves on this persons property? They gonna sue the family for liability? I mean, if the home owner, says 'ok' and everyone is 'cool' with it, then I think the airline or who ever owns the jet should pick up any and all liability claims that could possibly stem from any blood sucking sue happy maggots out there.
    This group isn't protesting against a memorial site. They're coming to protest at memorial SERVICES. Sick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information