Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: this was emailed to me about Jeff Conrad.

this was emailed to me about Jeff Conrad.

just wanted to drop a note in support of Mike
    Kearns for South District Councilman. The democratic
    primary is on Tuesday, 9/13.

If you look at the fiscal mess our area is in,
    it traces back to machine politics and the same crooks
    running the show year after year. Mike is running as
    an independent democrat without the backing of any
    current elected officials or neighborhood
    committeemen (people looking for jobs).

Jeff Conrad claims to be independent from the
    political bosses. Here's a funny story of how
    "independent" he is. On 3/20/04, I attended a meeting
    where closing the Cazenovia library was on the agenda.
    Before the meeting, I spoke with Jeff and told him I
    was there because I was against them closing the
    library. He agreed with me and told me he was against
    this,too. He stated how the kids in the neighborhood
    rely on the library . He was unaware that the county
    legislator was actually in favor of closing it. So,
    twenty minutes later, during the public input part of
    the meeting, after listening to the county legislator,
    Jeff speaks out in favor of closing the library. He,
    like the other 10 sycophants in the room , had been
    spoken to before the meeting by the county legislator
    and others.

To me, an elected official must have more self
    respect than that. If you look at both candidates,
    Mike Kearns clearly has more education , experience,
    and the ability to think for himself. Mike is looking
    for people interested in helping him out on election
    day by passing out fliers and making phone calls.
    Please remember to vote, feel free to forward this
    note to your neighbors, and remember Mike Kearns on
    Tuesday, September 13th. Thank you.

Baloney. Nice source too, Night Owl.

So instead of just a smear campaign against Kennedy, you're picking on Conrad now too? What's the matter with you?

Nope, nope. I just quoted what was emailed to me.

If it were up on the news page w/o a name then there would be a problem.

I just wanted to see what others thought of the context... gawd, don't be so defensive and quick to judge me over something someone else wrote.

That's true... you don't need to say who your sources are. After all, you're certainly no journalist. And your credibility held up real well when you tried starting the Kennedy's god-parents rumor.

My problem is the way your "ananymous email' is written. You know darned full well that Kennedy and Conrad don't want their libraries shut down. Yet there you go, yammering away about how they said they want them shut down. The whole library situation is the brainchild of Joel Giambra, somebody Kennedy's been fighting since he took over Schroeder's seat. And now he's favoring the libraries closing? Get real, Night Owl.

When did this mystery meeting occur? Haven't you been real vocal about how they've been missing from library meetings? So which is it?

I'm still trying to figure out if your 'email' was a pot-shot at Conrad, Kennedy, or both. I'm thinking both. But you're darned right: I'm defensive. These new guys in office are both class acts. They don't need people like you taking cheap shots and starting rumors about them.

My problem is the way your "ananymous email' is written. You know darned full well that Kennedy and Conrad don't want their libraries shut down. Yet there you go, yammering away about how they said they want them shut down.

It's not my email, just something sent to me. And I wanted to see what others had to say about it. I thought I said that already.

And it specifically says:
    feel free to forward this
    that's why I posted it in the South District forum.

When did this mystery meeting occur? Haven't you been real vocal about how they've been missing from library meetings? So which is it?

I don't know what meeting the email is referring to. I know I haven't seen any elected representation at any of the Library board meetings though.

I'm still trying to figure out if your 'email' was a pot-shot at Conrad, Kennedy, or both.

It isn't "my email" as if I wrote it, I just got it in my email inbox and posted it to hear what others had to say.

They don't need people like you taking cheap shots and starting rumors about them.

It's not my email, and if I wanted to take cheap shot at them I wouldn't say "I got this email" I would say if I wrote it; which I didn't. I will keep saying that it was sent to my email address and that I posted to see what others thought of it... not of me.

And your credibility held up real well when you tried starting the Kennedy's god-parents rumor.

Ask Mr. Kennedy who his godparents are. Go on, ask who they are and how much they gave of a running candidate's campaign last year. They, being heavy financial contributors and being active politcally in the Party got Kennedy his job that he has now. The party had it all tied up even before they (the Party) met with other interested citizens willing to take the place of Schroeder.

After all, you're certainly no journalist.

HA! Is that supposed to hurt?
    Last edited by Night Owl; September 3rd, 2005 at 07:11 PM.

They, being heavy financial contributors and being active politcally in the Party got Kennedy his job that he has now.
    Oh come on now. Honestly, if you really had any information, you would have posted it. Instead, you just pick some random relative and make something up. So keep trying.

HA! Is that supposed to hurt?
    Nope. I was just making an observation.

It's not my email, just something sent to me.
    Yes, that's what you're saying. I understand. But you post an 'anonymous email' and don't attribute it to anybody. Therefore, it's yours.

Oh come on now. Honestly, if you really had any information, you would have posted it.

Oh, but I like the frustration.

Nor did I do a random search of the "kennedy name" to get the contributing amount of his godparents name.

Yes, that's what you're saying. I understand. But you post an 'anonymous email' and don't attribute it to anybody.

The whole point in posting the email was to get people's opinion on the context... not retalitory remarks towards the person who posted it up.

Oh, but I like the frustration.
    I don't find it frustrating. I find it amusing that you have these bizarre claims and refuse to back them up.

yeah, missed all the media press releases and public news conferences he held to promote saving libraries over the passed few months.

What exactly would you like me to "back up"?

Where will you stand in "backing up" what you say?

You'd like for me to cite my information, I think it's only fair to ask that you do the same... you think?

What exactly would you like me to "back up"?
    Start with Kennedy's god parents. Good luck with that.

Then there's your fake email about Conrad and Kennedy being anti-library. Good luck with that, too.

Where will you stand in "backing up" what you say?
    I've said exactly where I got all the information I've received. I've gladly posted everywhere I got my information. I get informed by the South Buffalo News, The Buffalo News, these lovely message boards, and of course the word around town.

I was at the Labor Day parade today on good old Abbott Rd. I saw Jeff Conrad at the Cazenovia Casio afterwards and I mentioned the email to him. He knows who sent it, man named Mike Blake, who is involved in the South Buffalo Soccer. He said he was suprised at the email since he knows Mike Blake and his family well. However, Mike is very negative against anyone accosicated with Brian Higgins. He also told me that he never attended a public meeting with Kennedy. The only meetings he had regarding libraries has been with the Save Our Library group. He actually laughed and basically said that its unfortunate that the oppenents campaign had to resort to foolish attacks.

Thank you james, I told you (Dino) that it wasn't my email, only that I got it in my inbox.

I am still going to stand behind what I said before:
    The whole point in posting the email was to get people's opinion on the context... not retalitory remarks towards the person who posted it up.
    And I will note that I didn't say anything negative about Jeff Conrad in this thread.

Re: this was emailed to me about Jeff Conrad.

Before the meeting.

I did some researching and March 20th is a Sunday. Plus Jeff Conrad wasn't even Councilman. He was sworn in on April 8th, 2005 according to the Buffalo News.

Re: Re: this was emailed to me about Jeff Conrad.

Originally posted by James1955
    Before the meeting.

I did some researching and March 20th is a Sunday. Plus Jeff Conrad wasn't even Councilman. He was sworn in on April 8th, 2005 according to the Buffalo News.
    Now that I'm reading this again the date says 3/20/04. Now thats a smear campaign with little truth. People will say anything.

I know Mike Blake. He ran against Mary Martino a few years ago. Higgins supported Martino, I believe, which would explain why Blake doesn't like anybody associated with Higgins.

Night Owl, with your anti-Kennedy agenda I have every right to question what you say. You post an email and don't attribute it to anybody, so of course I'm going to question that. I must admit I was surprised that you had included Conrad in it.

So much for Blake's credibility. Nice research, James.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information