Thread: McCracken may be dropping out

McCracken may be dropping out

McCracken dropping out today? Tongues are wagging in the Rath Building with the latest rumor: Erie County Legislator Terry McCracken will drop out of his race for re-election today. The incumbent is unlikely to win the Conservative Party nod and sources say he has declining support from his own committee. There is growing speculation he may lose the Town of Lancaster Democratic Committee endorsement. If McCracken does drop out, his primary challenger Wes Moore would stand alone on the Democrat side and face Republican Ted Morton in the general.
    - See more at: http://www.politicsny.net/randi.php#....1gHcDvog.dpuf Wonder how accurate the people running this website (Politicsny.net) are

Georgia L Schlager

By Robert McCarthy | News Political Reporter

Democratic Legislator Terrence D. McCracken of Lancaster said Thursday he will not run for re-election to the Erie County Legislature this year.

McCracken said late Thursday that he had intended to run for a second term and had received encouraging polling results.

“But I’ve got different political philosophies than the local leadership, so I’ve chosen to sit this one out,” he said, declining to be specific.

He added, however, that he has no problems with either Erie County Democratic Chairman Jeremy J. Zellner or Conservative Chairman Ralph C. Lorigo, who have backed him in the past.

McCracken, the former Lancaster Democratic chairman, acknowledged he is bowing out after only one term following a breach with Conservatives over voting for the budget proposed by Democratic County Executive Mark C. Poloncarz.

And it appears he would have faced a primary from Wes Moore, a candidate backed by Cheektowaga Democratic Chairman Frank C. Max Jr. and his wing of the Democratic Party.

“I felt very comfortable with my position with the Conservatives,” he said, acknowledging his differences on the budget vote but noting their approval of his vote for a resolution calling for repeal of the state’s new strict gun control law.

Lorigo, meanwhile, said he holds “high respect” for McCracken despite their differences.

“He’s a man of strong character,” Lorigo said. “He’s made the decision and I respect the decision.”

McCracken becomes the first member of the Legislature this year to announce he will not run for re-election.

One source said party sources are speaking with Democrat John Abraham Jr., son of an influential Conservative leader about the possibility of running, though nothing is certain.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

I forgot - i wonder why is it when they/main stream media talk about Erie County Legislator T.McCracken -

They rarely bring up his full time tax funded position as Lancaster's Parks Boss - $80 thousand tax dollars a year, plus tax funded benefits from Lancaster home owners and $48 thousand a year from the County tax payers + benefits and ? ! ?

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    By Robert McCarthy | News Political Reporter

Democratic Legislator Terrence D. McCracken of Lancaster said Thursday he will not run for re-election to the Erie County Legislature this year.

McCracken said late Thursday that he had intended to run for a second term and had received encouraging polling results.

“But I’ve got different political philosophies than the local leadership, so I’ve chosen to sit this one out,” he said, declining to be specific.

He added, however, that he has no problems with either Erie County Democratic Chairman Jeremy J. Zellner or Conservative Chairman Ralph C. Lorigo, who have backed him in the past.

McCracken, the former Lancaster Democratic chairman, acknowledged he is bowing out after only one term following a breach with Conservatives over voting for the budget proposed by Democratic County Executive Mark C. Poloncarz.

And it appears he would have faced a primary from Wes Moore, a candidate backed by Cheektowaga Democratic Chairman Frank C. Max Jr. and his wing of the Democratic Party.

“I felt very comfortable with my position with the Conservatives,” he said, acknowledging his differences on the budget vote but noting their approval of his vote for a resolution calling for repeal of the state’s new strict gun control law.

Lorigo, meanwhile, said he holds “high respect” for McCracken despite their differences.

“He’s a man of strong character,” Lorigo said. “He’s made the decision and I respect the decision.”

McCracken becomes the first member of the Legislature this year to announce he will not run for re-election.

One source said party sources are speaking with Democrat John Abraham Jr., son of an influential Conservative leader about the possibility of running, though nothing is certain.
    Terry McCracken has shown himself to be a man of character and conviction while serving as EC Legislature. I have know Terry McCracken most of my life and expected nothing less. The Village of Depew has known him as a friend and ally in Erie County. He helped the village have a stronger voice than at any other time in many years. It is too bad that the Democrats are willing to throw aside a good man because he chose to differ from the "party line" in a couple of votes while serving as Legislator. The Democrats are wrong here and should be made to pay a price in future elections. The people of this area need people like Terry McCraken, who would keep to their values and principals and listen to their constituents when it comes to their willingness to buck the party line in order to vote for what is best for their constituents. I can only hope that the taxpayers of Erie County remember the party's treatment of Terry McCracken here and are willing to look at the reasons that other legislatures were willing to toe the line in voting for higher taxes and especially those that were willing to ignore the second amendment of our Constitution and support the governors agenda of gun confiscation because this was the party line. For these politicians, it would seem that the party line is greater than their commitment to their constituents. These politicians should be sent packing and more men like Terry McCracken should be voted in to office. We need politicians that vote the way their constituents would want them to vote.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Originally posted by mikenold:
    I can only hope that the taxpayers of Erie County remember
    I hope they remember too that Tom Loughran was the only democrat on the legislature to vote with the Republicans against Poloncarz's 3.4% tax hike.

Georgia L Schlager

Yes Mike, you have been Terry's friend most of your life. Bravo - for expressing your loyalty by trying to spin his departure as a "Principled" move.

Please explain which legislation he sponsored or presented. Please tell us what he did that was so "Principal" oriented!

He signed on to the letter to Governor Cuomo about the "Safe Gun Act" - only after a long talk with the Conservative Endorsement Controller.

His vote on the budget was so he could say he opposed it - where and what was he trying to improve?

His time with the County was unproductive - is his support of increased Bureaucracy a "Crowning" achievement - he wants a "Registry for Cruelty to animals" - he wants to use tax dollars to hire people to keep track of people who spank their kitties.

Lastly - yes to his friends he is a nice guy - to his friends he has produced patronage jobs - to his friends he has delivered "Committee Support" in Lancaster. He is a loyal friend to many.

Many of us find out Politics is a dirty game - this is because all too often those who supported the "Game" succeed and those who are not "Players" get run over.

"Live by the sword - die by the sword" said Town Attorney Dick Sherwood.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Yes Mike, you have been Terry's friend most of your life. Bravo - for expressing your loyalty by trying to spin his departure as a "Principled" move.

Please explain which legislation he sponsored or presented. Please tell us what he did that was so "Principal" oriented!

He signed on to the letter to Governor Cuomo about the "Safe Gun Act" - only after a long talk with the Conservative Endorsement Controller.

His vote on the budget was so he could say he opposed it - where and what was he trying to improve?

His time with the County was unproductive - is his support of increased Bureaucracy a "Crowning" achievement - he wants a "Registry for Cruelty to animals" - he wants to use tax dollars to hire people to keep track of people who spank their kitties.

Lastly - yes to his friends he is a nice guy - to his friends he has produced patronage jobs - to his friends he has delivered "Committee Support" in Lancaster. He is a loyal friend to many.

Many of us find out Politics is a dirty game - this is because all too often those who supported the "Game" succeed and those who are not "Players" get run over.

"Live by the sword - die by the sword" said Town Attorney Dick Sherwood.
    I stand by what I said in my earlier post.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Mike, didn't Terry McCracken vote for Poloncarz budget?

The point was he acted as if there were questions about the Budget - yet he voted yes. He didn't offer any ideas or present solutions. He voted consistently on "Party Line"

His acceptance of the idea he "Needed" to sign on against the "Safe Gun act" only happened after a long conversation with the Conservative Endorsement controller.

He was active for years with the Local Dem's efforts to ban hunting - he was active in the anti gun dealer witch hunt.

The County Leg only signed on against the "Safe Gun Act" weeks after it was made a issue that they had tried to support it "Politically" and remain silent in public.

He also played a large/active part in the past personal assassination of our past Highway Superintendent R.Reese.

Yes he's a great friend to many - yes he has produced well for those who supported him - yes he has done well shaking hands and cutting grass - so get back to work - if he gets paid to be in Lancaster - he should work for Lancaster.
    Last edited by 4248; May 11th, 2013 at 12:27 PM.

Thread Information