Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow - what a day - where will the LAN Dem's shuffle off to ?

Thumbs down Wow - what a day - where will the LAN Dem's shuffle off to ?

Wow - someone just laid one hell of a supposition on me -

Whats going on in Lancaster - Town Supervisor Bob Giza looses !

After failing his re-election bid - past Town Board / Sewer Board Member Neil Connoly is quietly slid into the Planning Board - County Leg/LAN Parks Boss T.McCracken falls from grace with County Dem's and Conservative Party -

Now we hear Lancaster Town Board Member Abram may try and run for a new position - what if he does - the LAN Dem's get to assign another "Party Loyal" to his Town Board seat - thereby once again creating the "Incumbent Look".

But take that a step further - Councilman Stempniak steps down and they do the same thing - either way they could slide past Dem Board Member Neil Connoly back in and give him the "Incumbent Look" -

This could truly be a interesting summer - either way it looks like the bail out is starting - remember Town Assessor Marrano - he went to Tonawanda - County Leg/LAN Parks Boss T.McCracken tried to follow him but wasn't needed.

Whats next ?

Who benefits from the R.Moore Controlled Republican Committee's inability to present candidates at this time?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Wow - someone just laid one hell of a supposition on me -

Whats going on in Lancaster - Town Supervisor Bob Giza looses !

After failing his re-election bid - past Town Board / Sewer Board Member Neil Connoly is quietly slid into the Planning Board - County Leg/LAN Parks Boss T.McCracken falls from grace with County Dem's and Conservative Party -

Now we hear Lancaster Town Board Member Abram may try and run for a new position - what if he does - the LAN Dem's get to assign another "Party Loyal" to his Town Board seat - thereby once again creating the "Incumbent Look".

But take that a step further - Councilman Stempniak steps down and they do the same thing - either way they could slide past Dem Board Member Neil Connoly back in and give him the "Incumbent Look" -

This could truly be a interesting summer - either way it looks like the bail out is starting - remember Town Assessor Marrano - he went to Tonawanda - County Leg/LAN Parks Boss T.McCracken tried to follow him but wasn't needed.

Whats next ?

Who benefits from the R.Moore Controlled Republican Committee's inability to present candidates at this time?
    The stuff has hit the fan and both major parties are in flux and scrambling. As usual the resident best interests will take second seat to political machinations, personal agendas and special interest groups.

Considering the talk on the street is that councilman Aquino is also considering running for the Town Justice position which would open up another council seat position, the mass exodus could be a sign that the Democratic Party wants new blood.

Interesting it will be! Both major parties have to endorse their candidates within the next few weeks.

Ralph Moore, Frank Max, Ralph Lorigo, UGH.

What would Abraham do call in sick for the 21 sessions that coincide with his teaching schedule? Is Montour running for Town justice as well as NYS supreme court? Will he be primarying Aquino?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    What would Abraham do call in sick for the 21 sessions that coincide with his teaching schedule? Is Montour running for Town justice as well as NYS supreme court? Will he be primarying Aquino?
    Whoops. I screwed up. Montour's justice position doesn't expire until 2015. Will Aquino be primarying against Kelleher for the town justice position

Georgia L Schlager

I heard that Kelleher was not running, so I guess that is the reason perhaps (not certain) Mr. Aquino might run. Don't know, but all this stuff is unbelievable. Like I said, all you can count on is CHANGE

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I heard that Kelleher was not running, so I guess that is the reason perhaps (not certain) Mr. Aquino might run. Don't know, but all this stuff is unbelievable. Like I said, all you can count on is CHANGE
    Thanks, shortie. I definitely would not vote for Aquino for anything including dog catcher. I hope the Republicans have a candidate, if not the Dems could bring Sherwood out of the mothballs. Definitely NOT Aquino. Maybe the Village justice will run
    Last edited by gorja; May 10th, 2013 at 08:52 AM.

Georgia L Schlager

I have been assured the Republicans have a GREAT candidate for Town justice. YEE HAA

Georgia L Schlager

I have been assured the Republicans have a GREAT candidate for Town justice. YEE HAA
    Oh yeah, the Republicans have an awesome person. We are so thrilled about it. He definitely is about what is best for the community.

Ted Morton is a nice person, I feel confident that he will be a great asset to the community (8th Ward).

These locals could create a ripple all the way to 2014 ???????

Wow and Wow - there is some big shuffles going on.

Way more intricate and far reaching than we may see - some with major "Political" implications.

This is a shuffle that could lead to:

1. Mr.Montour seated on the NY'S supreme court - I believe that hats already in the ring.

2) County Legislator/LAN Parks Boss Terry McCracken returns to Lancaster - then what ?

3) Council Members Aquino and Abraham have "Options" - who has the push to take the leap ?

4) Judge Kelleher will soon leave - then who will step in for he and Mr.Montour ?

So lets break this down into a simple observation.

* State and County Democrat Controllers are doing what "Pro active" power seeking "Party Players" should do -

Local opportunistic "Players" are jumping in-line to strengthen their local control of "Party faithful voters" and "Son's of Patronage".

They are lining up for 2014 - yes folks there is a bigger end game here - at least for the higher level players..

You see its not about a few local "Board Players" - its not about voting for or against "Local Party Players" - its about which candidates could have the juice to produce the most "Party Support" for 2014.

Last thing to consider - why does our local Republican Committee Controllers seem to always "React" to what the Dem's do ?

Why is the Republican leader of the Board of Elections actually a hindrance instead of an asset or motivating force - he does live in Lancaster ! Whats his game ?

So, in closing - given the current choices - at this time -

the only person listed above I would actually vote for would be Mr.M.Montour for NY'S Supreme Court.

I wonder how all this is going to shake out in 2015, when Fudoli's, Stempniak's, Aquino's and Coleman's positions are up for re-election.

Georgia L Schlager

I wonder how all this is going to shake out in 2015, when Fudoli's, Stempniak's, Aquino's and Coleman's positions are up for re-election.
    Supervisor Fudoli - can he hold on two more years - will he want too ?

There will always be mounting pressure directed his way. Pressure to cave in to developers while they show him just how far into his finances.

Pressure to roll over to the Dem side, threats of personal character assassination and rumor.

Councilman Stempniak - thats a good one -

Her ego says she should be Supervisor - she could do everyone a service and retire again -

She will control the purse strings for local Dem's.

She and her husband enjoy strong teachers Union support.

The recent smut throwing by the Teachers Union Reps(in the Buffalo school Board Elections) show their influence.

Council Member Aquino - well he goes for the paycheck - where ever that takes him. He's an opportunist - Aurora Gold to Judge ?????

So in closing - Many believe Supervisor Fudoli will be the only one of the three listed above that will actually be running a campaign. The other two will be just lining up for their next entitlement check.
    Last edited by 4248; May 11th, 2013 at 12:10 PM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The recent smut throwing by the Teachers Union Reps(in the Buffalo school Board Elections) show their influence.
    It also shows the mentality of people behind the mailers. Horrible role models for kids.

No - No they don't see it that way - they justify the smut slinging by saying, "We are doing it for the kids" - they don't want someone on board who might actually think about the education system first - they want "Job protection and benefits considered first"

Then they condemn those who object to the mailers - this is part of the disconnect. This is where their self interests - their entitlements out weigh their primary objective.

So many times they cry - look what we don't get - look what they get - look at what the other side did ! When all along they mean - we want more - we don't get as much as them - their always picking on us!

No one is saying "teachers" are the entire issue or problem. No one believes Unions should be done away with(at least not me).

Politics and money have for to long over shadowed the true mission. We all need to realign our own priorities. How can we keep supporting a failing system?

So many tax funded agencies aren't working as they should - yet all to often the "Political" answer is more spending.

4248 wrote:

No one is saying "teachers" are the entire issue or problem. No one believes Unions should be done away with(at least not me).
    While you express that unions should not be done away with (and you are a union member) it should be clear to even you that union wage/benefit/pension costs are not being looked at in good light by taxpayers who have been averaging less that 2% a year in salary increases (if they get one at all), are paying an average of 25% for their health premiums (that have no dental or vision coverage) and where the great majority have no pension plans. And yes, they want more!

Politics and money have for to long over shadowed the true mission. We all need to realign our own priorities. How can we keep supporting a failing system?
    We can make change in the town by voting out of office the same incumbents who fostered a system where no town employee contributes to his or her health insurance plan ($19,000) that includes dental and vision. A past administration supported annual automatic 3% wage increases, longevity pay and perks and stipends that the town taxpayers can no longer afford to pay.

It is near impossible to make change in the school district when 85% of the total budget is mandated. Of that 85%, teacher and staff wage/benefit/pension costs make up 75% of the budget. The only way to say no to more spending is to vote the school budget down. That’s like biting off your nose to spite your face as it adversely impacts the opportunity the district is providing the children to move on to receive a higher education.

So many tax funded agencies aren't working as they should - yet all to often the "Political" answer is more spending.
    Last year was the first year the Town of Lancaster experienced a tax reduction in 13 years. Small as it was, it would have been larger but the other four board members voted back in a full time position where the Supervisor wanted to replace the position with part time help and where no benefits would be provided.

As for the school district, spending went up by $3.2 million and the district received only $12,000 more in state aid from the previous budget year - despite all the bloviating by the Governor and Legislature. The district receives $4+ million less in state aid that it did 5 years ago. And, district staff wage/benefit/pension costs increased by $4.1 million.

Lastly, the unions have not endeared themselves to the public considering the scandalous way they acted in the City of Buffalo Board of Education campaign, the pressure exerted on a Lancaster Republican Party candidate who withdrew from the council seat race, and for the pressure put on children to do well when taking NYS Core Standard tests that have nothing to do with their district school grades. The kids are really the pawns here.

Unions may not be the entire issue or problem, but by their recent actions they are sure giving the appearance of being the elephant in the room; the big, bad bullies.

Labels - "Union" - thats a label a brand a concept. Its not what our grand parents saw - its what started being slowly "Politicised" in the 1970's +/-.

Unions realized in order to survive - sense they finally locked in union dues as a money source - they must become a ligament "Political Force"

Look at how many times people/"Players" jump back and forth from labor to Admin to Politicians. Its accepted - its encouraged - its wrong.

How could anyone think people who have the power to buy votes with lucrative tax funded contracts - won't ?

Why wouldn't someone vote herself/themselves a improved tax funded pension, tax funded pay raise or tax funded benefits?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information