I was searching my last name and spotted this.

Blogs & Bob McCarthy

August 22, 2008 by Buffalopundit
Filed under: News
The other day, someone posted a comment on my site accusing Bob McCarthy being on the take from Jack Davis.
That is partly what prompted this post, and I have to confess that I did something stupid.
I left the comment up for too long.
As a matter of fact, I looked up the commenter’s IP address and found what appeared to be a valid email address for him/her, and I sent an email about that comment, asking what basis they had to post that. I never heard a reply. And then I forgot it was still up there.
As I’ve always said, I will happily delete anything that is defamatory, and quite clearly the smear on McCarthy was just that. I apologize to him and the News that I didn’t get rid of it immediately.
This in spite of the fact that legally, I’m not liable for defamation that some anonymous commenter leaves on my site. Even though I wouldn’t have to pay damages for the smear, and even though a lawsuit against me would be meritless, there is legal, and there is right. Editing away that comment was the right thing to do, and I failed to do it quickly enough by my own standards.
Go read the full article

I spotted this part

Underscoring the fact that some mainstream press still fail to comprehend what a blog is, Channel 4 talks to Tony Fracasso from Speakupwny about blogs. With all due respect, and I’m sure Fracasso would back me up, Speakup is a great bulletin board resource for local news and chatter, but it’s not a blog. Even though I’ve been running this site for 5 years, and Craig has been doing it from the Republican side for even longer still, they don’t come and ask us about it, and we simply get lumped in among the National Enquirer, as if we’re just a bunch of tawdry rumormongers with no ethics or morality.

So what is a blog versus what speakup is?

I look at programs like word press and it's a basic "one forum" message board that accepts comments where as Vbull is a "multiple forum" message board that accepts comments.

Only thing really different is who is allowed to start a topic before the comments start.

On wordpress there are usually one or a few people who start a thread and then wait for comments on Vbull anyone can start a topic.

The layout might be different but the functionality is basically the same. So what makes one a blog and the other not?