Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Better Relationships Amongst Posters

Better Relationships Amongst Posters

I just finished reading Mesue's following post in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    People are way too irritating for me here. I find myself responding to their ignorance in an equally ignorant manner. It just isn't how I am and yet I can't help myself.
    I say this now knowing full well that tomorrow I'll be tempted to post again.
    If, per chance, I can conquer my temptation, it's been fun for the most part.
    . I have been in her position many times and from reading what other posters’ have to say, I don’t believe Mesue and I are alone.

I am starting this post to ask for suggestions (if not commitments) as to how we can get along.

Here are some of my ideas and I am asking your feedback too:

1) Eliminate name calling and insulting remarks.

2) If we don’t agree with the post, attack the post not the poster.

3) Be honest.

4) Show respect to fellow posters. Posters often take time to research and post good information. A thank you post would be nice.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Anotherview View Post
    A thank you post would be nice.

Unregistered
    Agreed

It is bad enough Republicans can't get along with Democrats and Christians can't get along with non-Christians.

Buffalo Ice: I love your posts. Always short, courteous and right to the point. You're a great poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    You are welcome

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloIce View Post
    Agreed

It is bad enough Republicans can't get along with Democrats and Christians can't get along with non-Christians.
    Correction.

Democrats can't get along with Republicans and non-Christians can't get along with Christians.

Correction.

Democrats can't get along with Republicans and non-Christians can't get along with Christians.
    My vote is that Republicans can't get along with Dems. This why the R's didn't vote on the package.

YOU QUEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooooooops! I think that falls under the "name calling" portion of the thread! Sorry Surf.....

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Enough View Post
    YOU QUEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooooooops! I think that falls under the "name calling" portion of the thread! Sorry Surf.....
    Seeing it's St. Valentines Day, I thought it was appropriate, you MFing TWIT!

Seeing it's St. Valentines Day, I thought it was appropriate, you MFing TWIT!
    I guess we aren't going to consummate our relationship today?

Quote Originally Posted by Anotherview View Post
    I just finished reading Mesue's following post in another thread:

. I have been in her position many times and from reading what other posters’ have to say, I don’t believe Mesue and I are alone.

I am starting this post to ask for suggestions (if not commitments) as to how we can get along.

Here are some of my ideas and I am asking your feedback too:

1) Eliminate name calling and insulting remarks.

2) If we don’t agree with the post, attack the post not the poster.

3) Be honest.

4) Show respect to fellow posters. Posters often take time to research and post good information. A thank you post would be nice.
    I've always felt this way. I stopped visiting/posting here as much as I once did because I just got tired of it. But I must warn you that this seems to be the MO of this board. There are already rules in place banning personal attacks but they are almost never inforced. Poor Rez. I mean, it would take his attention, and the attention of his moderators, 24/7 to weed out all the trash.

I think some of the most ardent posters here love having a place to blast away at people. It's their form of entertainment and I suspect they think insults make them sound intelligent. Why, I don't know. Guess it feeds their egos.

The truth is, I keep abreast of the topics here, but I don't hold out much hope of anything useful coming from them.

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001 View Post
    I've always felt this way. I stopped visiting/posting here as much as I once did because I just got tired of it. But I must warn you that this seems to be the MO of this board. There are already rules in place banning personal attacks but they are almost never inforced. Poor Rez. I mean, it would take his attention, and the attention of his moderators, 24/7 to weed out all the trash.

I think some of the most ardent posters here love having a place to blast away at people. It's their form of entertainment and I suspect they think insults make them sound intelligent. Why, I don't know. Guess it feeds their egos.

The truth is, I keep abreast of the topics here, but I don't hold out much hope of anything useful coming from them.

Well put. And, from the majority of posts left so far, I don't think this thread is going to help improve much, if anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001 View Post

Quit whining like a little victim!

You’re one of the worst on here! Want me to go back and get the posts where you tried to insult and discredit me personally???? I’m not even going to bother, you’re not worth the waste of time!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Enough View Post
    I guess we aren't going to consummate our relationship today?
    Please allow me to make it up to you with some Valentines Day chocolate.

Please allow me to make it up to you with some Valentines Day chocolate.

AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! Thank-You!

And i didn't get you anything!!!!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information