Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GOP Interference in Conservative party and Not a Peep from anyone?

GOP Interference in Conservative party and Not a Peep from anyone?

"News Library

Wojtaszek eyes the state

Published on February 8, 2009
    Author: Bob McCarthy - NEWS STAFF REPORTER
    © The Buffalo News Inc.
    North Tonawanda's Henry Wojtaszek loves to talk about the Republican Party,

and he'll have plenty of chances over the next few days.

The Niagara County GOP chairman hits Albany today to help kick off the big

meeting of the New York Conservative Party, an important stop for someone with

statewide ambitions.

On Tuesday he'll venture across the river to Troy and address the annual

Lincoln Day dinner of Rennsalaer County Republicans. Next week it's off to

Binghamton for the same routine in Broome County. Wojtaszek isn't visiting Troy to stock up on Hembold's hot dogs or

Binghamton for Lupo's spiedies (a little local color there). The 45-year-old

attorney and former Navy officer is laying the groundwork to become state

Republican chairman.

"I'll be talking about how we can get on the road back," he said a few days

ago. "There have been mistakes. But obviously we've got to get out there and

make things happen ourselves."

Indeed, Wojtaszek likes to make things happen. He's earned top-notch

reviews for running the Niagara County party. He made a gutsy but futile

congressional run against Louise Slaughter back in 2002, and was a serious

contender for the GOP nod to succeed Tom Reynolds in Congress last year.

So while he's just a young whippersnapper compared to the Old Guard that

runs the state GOP, he arrives with real credentials.

Wojtaszek is quick to talk about finding the right kind of candidate -- the

way that Erie County chief Jim Domagalski (a close Wojtaszek ally) has

recruited business types with an outside-of-politics view.

"I've learned from Tom Reynolds," he said. "You've got to find a candidate

who fits the area. And you can't have a party that almost 'brags' about

sending e-mails when you've got Obama out there owning the Internet."

So you can boil his message down to a few words -- modernize and recruit

good candidates.

The only problem with all of this is that the state GOP has a chairman --

Joe Mondello of Nassau County and a fixture of Republican politics in New York

State. By mastering the hardball ways of the Nassau County GOP for many years,

he ranks as an official survivor.

Mondello is oft-criticized for a laid back style that rarely sees him

venture beyond Long Island or Albany. And when you come right down to it,

state Republicans are not exactly basking in success.

The party lost its last bastion of Albany power -- the Senate -- in 2008.

And Democrats control the office of governor, comptroller, attorney general

and both senators -- as well as the Legislature.

Combine that with an almost 2.5 million Democratic edge in enrollment

across the state, and it doesn't get much worse.

So what does Wojtaszek say about Mondello? The guy who appointed him as

vice chairman for upstate affairs?

"There is certainly a belief that much more can be done," Wojtaszek deftly

answers. "And there's a good blueprint here in Western New York between Jim

Domagalski and myself."

Mondello will be up for re-election in September. And while many in the

party are grumbling, no Republicans have yet taken to the streets with torches

and pitchforks.

And Mondello has taken a number of proactive steps in recent weeks, like

appointing a commission to rejuvenate the party and welcoming new Republican

National Chairman Michael Steele to Albany last week.

But the Republican Party in New York and nationally seems to be crying for

a way out of the wilderness. Mondello may yet be one of those who provides the

answers, but it appears that up-and-comers like Wojtaszek will either pressure

the Old Guard for new ways -- or attempt to provide them themselves.

e-mail: rmccarthy@buffnews.com "

News you can use I'd say.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

I see it now

The GOP can help anybody they want and help kick start things, but the minute any other party does the same thing. I heard the wav...could some transcribe it because I don't hear Lenny saying "I" anything. But we all know that Niagara GOP can kickstart or run the state Conservative meeting and no one says a peep? Why is that? No one had the courage to answer it the last time. I will continue to resurrect this thread until I get an adequate answer.

Also by the same token when Lenny and the dems cross-endorse the republican candidate after talking with the GOP chairman, does that mean he is tampering with the GOP or that the GOP chair is incomptent and that he needs the Dem guidance.

I guess everybody loves Illuzi and the views he espouses.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Don't forget the Democratic control, I mean influence, on the Working Families Party!

the gop and state cons. party have traditionally tried to work together because party platform and philosophy are similar. 2nd amendment right "to keep and bear arms", views on abortion,welfare and capital punishment. no one controls state cons. chair mike long or erie county power bill delmont. there's a big difference between trying to work together for a common cause and a complete take over of erie county IP by dems.

Just wondering... how many conservative democrats are there in the state?

when Chuckie Eaton Chief of Staff for Brian Higgins puts his wife in the I.P, as a committee person in Clarence and others, we will not name till we get to court, this is a fragrent election law violation stay tuned the only thing the Higgins team has done is cut the ribbon for all the accomplishments of Congressman Jack Quinn,$100,000,000 Court house, 219 expansion, $50,000,000 for the water frount, Eaton got $100,000 jobs for Brian's sister and brother swiched waterfrount from Uniland to Claugh Harbor because his other brother works there lets put all the chip's on the table and go ALL IN CHUCKIE.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why is there any intermingling at all? I mean at all.

Sort of makes having minors parties useless doesn't it?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben There View Post
    when Chuckie Eaton Chief of Staff for Brian Higgins puts his wife in the I.P, as a committee person in Clarence and others, we will not name till we get to court, this is a fragrent election law violation stay tuned the only thing the Higgins team has done is cut the ribbon for all the accomplishments of Congressman Jack Quinn,$100,000,000 Court house, 219 expansion, $50,000,000 for the water frount, Eaton got $100,000 jobs for Brian's sister and brother swiched waterfrount from Uniland to Claugh Harbor because his other brother works there lets put all the chip's on the table and go ALL IN CHUCKIE.
    isn't this the same as Lancaster Giza getting his wife into the IP party?

Yes W.N.Y also just remember Dan Humistan was a reg. I.P. member ran for Congress with his own money and the only I.P. member that stood there for him was Tony Orsini the rest of the big mouths on this site backed DEMO. Brian Higgins. the Congressman who's Chief of Staff tried to take over the I.P.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Yes W.N.Y also just remember Dan Humistan was a reg. I.P. member ran for Congress with his own money and the only I.P. member that stood there for him was Tony Orsini the rest of the big mouths on this site backed DEMO. Brian Higgins. the Congressman who's Chief of Staff tried to take over the I.P.
    Did Orsini help him with fundraisers and also contribute from his chairman pot of money?

What Diffrence does that make, he helped with pitions ,not reccomending Higgins to the State Committee who made the indorsement. Putting up signs all over the district and got reimbursed for gas and time from his pac thats the way it is.

Putting up signs all over the district and got reimbursed for gas and time from his pac thats the way it is.
    WNYRes: Is this okay with you? Or, are you going to criticize Orsini (or his team members) for getting reimbursed for gas and time just like the Dem and Rep party administration. Just wondering because you seem to expect Orsini ( and his team) to work for NOTHING Just wondering if your double standards apply here too

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post
    Don't forget the Democratic control, I mean influence, on the Working Families Party!
    Or the Republican control, whoops, I mean influence on every other line like the Right to Life,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by crow1 View Post
    the gop and state cons. party have traditionally tried to work together because party platform and philosophy are similar. 2nd amendment right "to keep and bear arms", views on abortion,welfare and capital punishment. no one controls state cons. chair mike long or erie county power bill delmont. there's a big difference between trying to work together for a common cause and a complete take over of erie county IP by dems.
    Way to not answer the question....if I could make any platform and philosphy similar given enough words to play around with. Heck, I could make Rush Limbaugh sound like a honest to God tree hugging liberal who is extremely sincere about it too. But you have no adequate proof. Lots of manure on canvas but it's still not art. I would like to see proof that No one controls these chairs.
    BTW you have yet to really cover cross endorsing. So by your reasoning Len controls Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Just wondering... how many conservative democrats are there in the state?
    Well would you you consider Regan Democrats conservative...because this state has a lot of them...and I would believe Rick Snowden would qualify.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information