Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Murder in Orchard Park

Murder in Orchard Park

If it were not for the tragedy in Clarence Center Thursday night, I believe this would have been our area's top headline story:

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/579324.html

A .pdf of the article is also attached.

Absolute madness.....

More from Buffalo News 2-17-09

More published today (2-17-09) from the Buffalo News:

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/581540.html

The incident also appears to be getting some national coverage:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090216/...idgestv_murder

Both articles also attached.

Side question....didnt the television station where this happened used to be the Catholic Station a few years back? I forget the call sign letters, but is that the same place where this Muslim station is located?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLV View Post
    Side question....didnt the television station where this happened used to be the Catholic Station a few years back? I forget the call sign letters, but is that the same place where this Muslim station is located?

I think the real side question should be..Have we become so desensitized to this type of behavior that we are not only not appalled, but not mortified enough to even comment about it? If this is the case..they did win on 9/11! I feel so bad for the children and other family members of this SICK PERSON!

Mo Hassan worked at M&T a few years ago. I sat in a conference room with him more than once, and exchanged benign pleasantries with him. It has taken us all aback here at M&T because the guy we knew was friendly and professional.
    “Never doubt that the work of a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” - Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by JustMakeSensePlease View Post
    I think the real side question should be..Have we become so desensitized to this type of behavior that we are not only not appalled, but not mortified enough to even comment about it? If this is the case..they did win on 9/11! I feel so bad for the children and other family members of this SICK PERSON!
    I think we are becoming desensitized to this. We've seen this before on TV. This man treated his wife like a hostage.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

And More Today (2-18-09).....

Today's Buffalo News article (also attached as a .pdf):

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/582625.html

Looks like the matter-of-fact reporting and politically-correct spin on this brutal beheading will continue...

It's all an absolute outrage.

If the da's office proves that it had to do with the religion, I think you will see sparks fly!!! Until then, they aren't going to say that .... the liability would be too great.

It is a very sad story for everyone involved.
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Related Link/Photo of Interest

A photo taken at the CAIR-PA (Council on American-Islamic Relations) First Annual Banquet, April 7, 2007:

http://pa.cair.com/content/image.php...lder=19&img=45

A .jpg of the photo is also attached, as the link above will surely disappear soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If Hassan's lawyer states that Hassan butchered his wife due to both religious reasons he will not be able to plead insanity for his client as the religious reasons would "cancel out" "temporary madness" and "justify" Hassan murdering his wife because its AHEM a "cultural thing.

Wonder what Hassan's lawyer will plead in court?

The president of NOW made a valid and depressing point;MOST unreported domestic abuse in the U.S. occurs within the Muslim community and as much as I detest/hate and abhor the "subtle"
    nazi-like scapegoating of any culture or religion as the Bushies did post 9/11,

Muslim men can be totally vicious, brutal pieces of S when it comes to how they treat-MIStreat their wives & girfriends.

Even with the VERY depressing plane crash,
    the story of this beheading SHOULD have made a much harder shocking impact nationally but most of us HAVE slowly become numb or less sensitive to violence (thank you TV, movies & media) and that's really sad.

And I guarantee you this: There are members of the local & national Muslim community, big shots who approve of what Hassan did 100% and of course the big shots from the Muslim community have only expressed outrage and disbelief because it just ain't right to support "culturally approved" decapitation on the news even in this sick country.

Who wants to bet that Hassan will not spend more than 10 years in prison or a mental hospital?
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfounded View Post
    If Hassan's lawyer states that Hassan butchered his wife due to both religious reasons he will not be able to plead insanity for his client as the religious reasons would "cancel out" "temporary madness" and "justify" Hassan murdering his wife because its AHEM a "cultural thing.

Wonder what Hassan's lawyer will plead in court?

The president of NOW made a valid and depressing point;MOST unreported domestic abuse in the U.S. occurs within the Muslim community and as much as I detest/hate and abhor the "subtle"
    nazi-like scapegoating of any culture or religion as the Bushies did post 9/11,

Muslim men can be totally vicious, brutal pieces of S when it comes to how they treat-MIStreat their wives & girfriends.

Even with the VERY depressing plane crash,
    the story of this beheading SHOULD have made a much harder shocking impact nationally but most of us HAVE slowly become numb or less sensitive to violence (thank you TV, movies & media) and that's really sad.

And I guarantee you this: There are members of the local & national Muslim community, big shots who approve of what Hassan did 100% and of course the big shots from the Muslim community have only expressed outrage and disbelief because it just ain't right to support "culturally approved" decapitation on the news even in this sick country.

Who wants to bet that Hassan will not spend more than 10 years in prison or a mental hospital?

I'm confused. If the violence is "unreported," how can NOW claim most of it is committed by Muslims? How does NOW know?

I've read that there is a high percentage of unreported domestic violence in the Muslim community -- but that's not the same thing as claiming most domestic violence is committed in the Muslim community.

By the way, I don't think the story is failing to attract interest. It got lost the first day because of the crash but is all over the place now. I think for people who want us to believe all Muslims are evil, there will never be enough attention paid to this story. And whatever the truth of it is, they won't care. They've already made up their minds.

Why do muslim men abuse women?

For the same reasons non-Muslim men abuse women.

For Muslims, from what I've read, there are also cultural complications. I just read that an estimated 10 percent of Muslim women are victims of domestic violence.......

Here is an except from an article by KARAMAH, or Muslim Women Lawyers For Human Rights:

Since the inception of KARAMAH, we have heard from women who are concerned about the Islamic ruling on domestic violence, on whether or not it is acceptable practice within the religion. Some are told by their religious leaders and by their husbands that under certain circumstances it is acceptable. We have been actively educating women on this matter. Islam does not advocate nor condone violence against women. In fact, the Qur’anic definition of marriage is articulated in terms of mercy, tranquility and affection. Where there is violence, these qualities cease to exist. Muslim women, like all other women are absolutely encouraged to speak out against violence and seek justice.

Domestic violence and divorce remain topics that are taboo within many Muslim communities in the U.S, particularly the immigrant Muslim community. The communities Muslim women come from are not open enough to proactively discuss and combat violent behavior, Furthermore, there is a significant cultural gap between these women and the outside/external parties who are attempting to help them. Muslim women, therefore, suffer doubly from lack of understanding, from their community as well as from service providers.

The link: www.karamah.org/domestic_violence.htm

Repression of women in nearly all arabic countries is common sense.
    And yes. I will back up the above statement with data from one or two legitimate news sources.

By no means am I picking on Muslims because its "the thing to do" as the govt/media has pounded into so many people's thick skulls and tiny brains.

Emma Bull

Unregistered
    A picture from a family outing at the beach.

Not TOO much of a read;More ugly truths about Muslim mistreatment of women

Myths & Facts Online
    Human Rights in Arab Countries
    By Mitchell G. Bard

MYTH

"Women's rights are now protected in the Arab world."

FACT

In most Arab countries, the Shari'a, or Islamic law, defines the rules of traditional social behavior. Under the law, women are accorded a role inferior to that of men, and are therefore discriminated against with regard to personal rights and freedoms.

As Middle East expert Daniel Pipes explains: "In the Islamic view...female sexuality is thought of as being so powerful that it constitutes a real danger to society." Therefore, unrestrained females constitute "the most dangerous challenge facing males trying to carry out God's commands." In combination, females' "desires and their irresistible attractiveness give women a power over men which rivals God's."2

"Left to themselves," Pipes continues, "men might well fall victim to women and abandon God," resulting in civil disorder among believers. In traditional thought, Pipes notes, women pose an internal threat to Islamic society similar to the external one represented by the infidel.

Traditionally, the Arab woman marries at a young age to a man of her father's choice. A husband is entitled to divorce any time, even against his wife's will, by merely declaring verbally that this is his intention.

Although the image of the egalitarian woman is slowly developing within some more secular Arab states, it remains largely confined to urban centers and upper-class circles. Ritual sexual mutilation of females is still common in rural areas of Egypt, Libya, Oman and Yemen.

Furthermore, laws that restrict women's rights remain in force in almost all Arab countries. In Syria, a husband can prevent his wife from leaving the country. In Egypt, Iraq, Libya, Jordan, Morocco, Oman and Yemen, married women must have their husbands' written permission to travel abroad, and they may be prevented from doing so for any reason. In Saudi Arabia, women must obtain written permission from their closest male relative to leave the country or travel on public transportation between different parts of the kingdom.

According to the UN, "utilization of Arab women's capabilities through political and economic participation remains the lowest in the world in quantitative terms….In some countries with elected national assemblies, women are still denied the right to vote or hold office. And one in ever two Arab women can neither read nor write."3

In a Saudi Shari'a court, the testimony of one man equals that of two women. In Kuwait, the male population is allowed to vote, while women are still disenfranchised. Egypt, Morocco, Jordan and Saudi Arabia all have laws stating that a woman's inheritance must be less than that of her male siblings (usually about half the size). Moroccan law excuses the murder or injury of a wife who is caught in the act of committing adultery; yet women are punished for harming their husbands under the same circumstances.

Wife-beating is a relatively common practice in Arab countries, and abused women have little recourse. As the State Department has noted regarding Jordan (and most of the Arab world): "Wife beating is technically grounds for divorce, but the husband may seek to demonstrate that he has authority from the Koran to correct an irreligious or disobedient wife by striking her."4

In Saudi Arabia, restrictions against women are among the most extreme in the Arab world. Saudi women may not marry non-Saudis without government permission (which is rarely given); are forbidden to drive motor vehicles or bicycles; may not use public facilities when men are present; and are forced to sit in the backs of public buses, segregated from men. At Riyadh's King Saud University, professors lecture to rooms of men while women watch via closed-circuit television from distant all-female classrooms.5 "[Islamic] Advice columns" in the Saudi Arabian press recommend strict disciplining of women as part of a proper marriage. Women must cover their entire body and face in public, and those who do not are subject to physical harassment from the Saudi religious police, known as the Mutaaw'in. The Saudis even extend their discriminatory treatment to women abroad. During a visit to the United States by Crown Prince Abdullah, for example, the prince's aides requested that no female air traffic controllers be allowed to control his flight into Texas to meet President Bush. They also requested that no women be allowed on the airport tarmac with the jet.6

The UN, international organizations and local human rights rights nongovernmental organizations constantly pressure the regimes in Arab states to improve the state of human rights in general and women's rights in particular. According to UN data, the proportion of women's representation in Arab parliaments is only 3.4% (as opposed to 11.4% in the rest of the world). In addition, 55% of Arab women are illiterate. The Assistant to UN Vice Secretary General, Angela King, publicly called on Arab states to grant women their rights.7

Arab regimes find different ways to deal with the international pressure to improve women's rights. They often prefer to introduce mild improvements in women's status rather than to enacting radical reforms that might contradict their ideology and antagonize conservative elements in the country.

And I'd have posted this if 9/11 NEVER OCCURRED (I WISH) and our govt NEVER engaged in and encouraged an openly hateful campaign of scapegoating Muslims.

Facts are facts and arab men often treat women as garbage-More brutally and more often than the OTHER wife and girlfriend abusers across our "peaceful," "God-fearing" "loving" earth.
    Last edited by Dumbfounded; February 18th, 2009 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Because I no like to be called "son of a she dog!!!

Emma Bull

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information