Thread: Poloncarz - The General Concensus?

Poloncarz - The General Concensus?

There is a lot of heated debate in local politics lately... but one VERY important position has gotten little heat. The Comptroller spot is wide open, and most nods, lawnsigns, etc. are pointing at Mark Polencarz for the win.

With that said, what do you folks think of him? Are you going to vote for him as well? Do you know anything about him?

I ask because I met him personally at a few fundraisers back at the beginning of all the campaigns, etc... and he comes off as a really nice, smart, intelligent, and honest guy. Very laid back, but in a "wise" way... if that makes any sense. In any event, I liked him quite a bit. A lot of people on these boards are "anti-party" picks, but no one has thrown anything at him. Could it be that we're accepting him as a genuinely good guy.. like DA Clark, where people dont' want to go head to head with him?

Should be interesting. I hope he gets in. Just wondering how the rest of you feel about him.
    "I know the man. he is not using a theasuarus."

Re: Poloncarz - The General Concensus?

I'm quite up-front on my blog about my support for Mark. He's a friend, and he headed up the WNY Coalition for Progress until recently. He's smart, he's got good ideas, and he's a fresh face; i.e., he's not been tainted by the political machine.

He has no ties to Joel or Nancy or any of the other folks who presided over the County's decline into fiscal crisis.

His opponent in the primary is being almost single-handedly funded by plaintiff's lawyers, and people affiliated with Steve Pigeon and Joel Giambra. Whelan is one of a very few ex-supreme court justices who was canned before retirement age. Judges are almost always reelected. Whelan must have peeved the wrong people too many times not to get the nod again. Plus, Hormoz Mansouri basically called Whalen, who was living in Florida, and invited him to run. Mansouri seems to be patently violating election law by having his myriad companies, their employees, (including employees in Wisconsin!) contribute to Whalen's effort.

So, if you like what Giambra's done for the county, go for Whalen.

If you want a new face with fresh ideas and someone who will be fiscally conservative with your money, go for Mark Poloncarz.
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

I'm voting for the pollock

I like his commercial that is anti- Giambra, for that reason alone, I am voting for him.

Thread Information