Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only President for 2 Weeks and....

Only President for 2 Weeks and....

He has accomplished an amazing turn around in Iraq.
    At least according to NPR

During the first Presidential debate in Mississippi Senator Obama claimed that “...al Qaeda is resurgent, stronger now than at any time since 2001.”

But a mere 2 weeks as Commander in Chief.
    Not so much.
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...36&ft=1&f=1001

CIA-directed airstrikes against al-Qaida leaders and facilities in Pakistan over the past six to nine months have been so successful, according to senior U.S. officials, that it is now possible to foresee a “complete al-Qaida defeat” in the mountainous region along the border with Afghanistan.

The officials say the terrorist network’s leadership cadre has been “decimated,” with up to a dozen senior and midlevel operatives killed as a result of the strikes and the remaining leaders reeling from the repeated attacks.

“The enemy is really, really struggling,” says one senior U.S. counterterrorism official. “These attacks have produced the broadest, deepest and most rapid reduction in al-Qaida senior leadership that we’ve seen in several years.”

An amazing feat.
    Considering how strong they were under ChimpyMcHitlerHalliburtonBush
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Quote Originally Posted by ILOVEDNY View Post
    ... CIA-directed airstrikes against al-Qaida leaders and facilities in Pakistan over the past six to nine months have been so successful, according to senior U.S. officials, ...
    your timing is off.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Wow! So obama, is now responsible for air strikes that were ordered 9 months ago before he was even 'voted' into office? AMAZING!

I geuss that bit of 'good' is in no way Bush's fault, but all of Obama's right? Cause afterall, Obama is a 'god' like figure, and Bush is a ****up and total evil right?

Shortly after 9/11, I remember Bush saying that he was prepared to dedicate his time in office to wiping out terrorism. According to this article, I would say he was successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Anotherview View Post
    Shortly after 9/11, I remember Bush saying that he was prepared to dedicate his time in office to wiping out terrorism. According to this article, I would say he was successful.
    Not 100% successful , but kept our mainline American shores safe & has us pointed into the right direction & has many finally realizing (inc. Pres. Obama) that there is a Holy War going on , it's real in their (Radical Islam Fundamentalists) minds/world , thus the rest of the world (esp. the USA) better realize it too.............
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Quote Originally Posted by dgrzeb View Post
    Not 100% successful , but kept our mainline American shores safe & has us pointed into the right direction & has many finally realizing (inc. Pres. Obama) that there is a Holy War going on , it's real in their (Radical Islam Fundamentalists) minds/world , thus the rest of the world (esp. the USA) better realize it too.............

When everyone was making a big deal, during the campaign, that Obama was Muslim, I often wondered if this would help us. I noticed that Barack talked about his Muslim background in a recent foreign TV message that received mixed views. We still have a long way to go with Al-Qaeda

during the campaign, Obama was very hush hush over being muslim.

Aside from that, Id say the terrorists won this round.

How? Well for 3,000 dead, they were able to do the following:

1) Erase the freedom of speach in the US
    2) Erase the ability to peacefully gathater in public for peaceful protests
    3) Erase the right to privacy, in your home, car, Library books, and medical records.
    4) Erase your ability to a trial by a jury of YOUR peers.
    5) Erase your ability to unreasonable search and sizures.
    6) Americans are watched, 24 hrs a day thruogh camaras on street corners, along the express ways, internet postings, emails, instant messeges, chatrooms, text messeges, and telephone conversations.
    7)Every thing we americans do as 'free' people is tracked logged and kept for possible future use.
    8) This information is used to categorize the population into groups based on their threat level. Those with a higher threat level 'seem' to be harassed more.
    9) Our news, is censored.
    10) and finally, but not least, the wealth, the US once had is now gone.

All this, as a result of 9/11/01

I dont know about you, but I'd say they won.

Their 'terror' and their threat of 'terror' has caused us to effectively shred our constitution, and instill almost dictator like control by the govt in the name of 'security'.

Need I mention ACORN?!

If you cant see it, I hope you live a happy, life as a slave.

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    during the campaign, Obama was very hush hush over being muslim..
    You are right but his critics had much to say about his Muslim background. It was during these times I wondered if his Muslim background would help in some way. Based upon reviews from Obama's TV message, there's a glitter of hope in some cases. In other cases, we have a long way to go.

3) Erase the right to privacy, in your home, car, Library books, and medical records.
    6) Americans are watched, 24 hrs a day thruogh camaras on street corners, along the express ways, internet postings, emails, instant messeges, chatrooms, text messeges, and telephone conversations.
    7)Every thing we americans do as 'free' people is tracked logged and kept for possible future use.
    8) This information is used to categorize the population into groups based on their threat level. Those with a higher threat level 'seem' to be harassed more.

Their 'terror' and their threat of 'terror' has caused us to effectively shred our constitution, and instill almost dictator like control by the govt in the name of 'security'.

Need I mention ACORN?!

FMD: What an excellent post.

My comment about making progress with al Qeada ,in terms of wiping them out, was based upon the article in this thread. Here is a prime example of how I sometimes put too much faith in the articles that are written.

I am interested in some of your ideas as to how you would move forward if you were in control.

Unregistered

Blame

2 weeks and everyone is trying to blame him for everything Bush did.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloIce View Post
    It's the Republican way

They started in on Clinton from day one of his term. He still had a very successful 8 years in spite of their harassment (oh, but he had a BJ while in office--and he LIED about it). This is when I became a Democrat. I wonder, does it ever occur to them that they are part of the problem? They don't seem to get it--we need to be united in order to have the strength to right all of the wrongs. Never a word about solutions, just constant sour grapes and griping.

Honest discussions about solving problems is good, even required, but this fishwife type thing is moronic. And infantile.

Obama was never hush-hush about his background.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloIce View Post
    Including the successful airstrikes in Pakistan over the past six to nine months.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by speaker View Post

Obama was never hush-hush about his background.
    Just his birth Cert!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Just his birth Cert!
    Dougles: It didn't seem as he spoke as openly about his Muslim background during the campaign as he has during the past weeks after taking office.

Quote Originally Posted by Anotherview View Post
    Dougles: It didn't seem as he spoke as openly about his Muslim background during the campaign as he has during the past weeks after taking office.
    That's correct and the reason............. get ready................. Here it comes...........

He is no longer campaigning and doesn't have to worry about what people might say!
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

during the campaign, Obama was very hush hush over being muslim.

Need I mention ACORN?!

Except for ACORN & Obama being Muslim,
    I agree with every point you made.
    Too bad 99% of the media won't cover the facts you stated but the media's PART of the problem;They've been the "linebackers" for the government.

Hey, I have not heard Obama mention amending or doing jack with the Patrio Acts, FEMA, Department Of Homeland Security, data-mining and other joyful & happy good things the Bush Administration blessed us smiling, prosperous Americans with.

Shutting down Gitmo and ending torture by the U.S. is NOT NEARLY ENOUGH.

BUT-Conversely, have to give Obama a chance-I'm basically pessimistic about America's future because there are so many fascist institutions deeply entrenched in America, controlling, ruining and running our lives, drunk with power;Can or will President Obama eventually dismantle the neocon structure of power which among so many other horrible things
    has led to the current financial meltdown?
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information