Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Trick Pony

One Trick Pony

To the poster(s) who insists on answering every thread with the "You Libs..." response:

You should know that you're coming across as foolish. Whatever credibility you may have had in the past goes out the window, when your response is identical, regardless of what the issue is.

And, I assume you do it because you think you're irritating those who consider themelves as Liberal. The truth is, it was little irritating the first 20 times. Now, it just makes you look a bit silly.

BTW, you're welcome for the friendly advice

The same with bashing unions, conservatives, republicans, democrats, or anything else people here decide to be partison jerks about. If everyone would be civil and discuss ideas instead of trying to score points and impress people whos "side" they're on, the forums would be quite a bit nicer.

Say what you want, but the union control in this town is via the liberal democrats. The unions have their hands deep in our pockets and a choke hold around our necks. Two control boards is the latest result.

And the voters in WNY are still allowing the Byron Brown type union puppets to be elected and its been that way for far far too long.

BoostSEZ
    Two control boards is the latest result.
    The later being the result of a Republican County Exec. spending like a thief. Just like "conservative Bush". It's not the Liberals who spend BILLIONS to Trillions, putting the nation at risk.

andSEZ:
    And the voters in WNY are still allowing the Byron Brown type union puppets to be elected and its been that way for far far too long.
    I'm a Democratic voter who won't vote for Brown. I don't have a union job or a patronage position. Don't paint everyone with the same brush. It's not so much the union puppets (except for South Buffalo) that are pushing Brown. It's the political machine.

BF

Originally posted by buffalofamily
    I'm a Democratic voter who won't vote for Brown. I don't have a union job or a patronage position. Don't paint everyone with the same brush.
    BF
    That's right on target.

Myself, I'm far more left-leaning than right-leaning, but I doubt I fit into the stereotypical Liberal definition. As an example, I have very little use for Unions(sorry, Mouse).

Our friend, Boost, only sees things in black and white.
    You have left tendencies, you're a Lib, and part of the problem.

Ignorance is the only word I can think of.

Originally posted by buffalofamily

It's not so much the union puppets (except for South Buffalo) that are pushing Brown. It's the political machine.

BF
    oh yes it is... its the union controlled liberal democrat machine that is pushing the union controlled Brown types. And pushing hard.

If you dont like it, you should change parties and vote accordingly, because the liberal democrats are the advocates of the union-designed users and takers.

And Giambra is a born and raised liberal democrat only recently disguised as a republican. The only sense that Giambra makes is his conservative approach to the union issues, which is right on. Sadly. the rest of him is liberal democrat and he's out the door.

Re: One Trick Pony

Originally posted by therising
    And, I assume you do it because you think you're irritating those who consider themelves as Liberal.
    That's the key to it all, right there. Some people are more concerned with "sticking it" to the opposition than with what's the the most sensible position on a particular issue. I've seen it from both sides of the aisle.

Ironically, this type of person who puts partisan politics above the needs of the country is often the first to accuse others of being less than patriotic. Boost Buffalo is the textbook example.

Treachery made a monster out of me

Some people are more concerned with "sticking it" to the opposition than with what's the the most sensible position on a particular issue.
    Excellant point! Very well said WSJ.

America became great & strong because of ..."We the people"
    ----NOT----
    "We the reds" or "We the blues" which it "NOW" is.

Because of "colors", & being so unbeleivably "divided", more so than we have been in a long time, we are becomming more & more weaker as a nation every single day.
    (I'm NOT talking of "military might" That machine was & is "light years" ahead in the killing department & doing very, very well).

The class divisions are becomming more & more apparent. People are becomming more & more divided, looking out ONLY for their own special interests, "at any cost", weither it's lives or the lack of ANY "credibility" whatsoever.

"Divide & conquer" - an ancient, simple, but very effective principle of "gaining control", that is being used right now, today.

If you can't see it, ....your NOT looking, cause all you see is "RED" or "BLUE" in your "own" little backyard.

Re: Re: One Trick Pony

Originally posted by WestSideJohn
    That's the key to it all, right there. Some people are more concerned with "sticking it" to the opposition than with what's the the most sensible position on a particular issue. I've seen it from both sides of the aisle.

Ironically, this type of person who puts partisan politics above the needs of the country is often the first to accuse others of being less than patriotic. Boost Buffalo is the textbook example.
    that is your defense mechanism at work. I refer to the union/liberal issues and you say I'm playing partisan politics. Why dont you guys try a little sincerity for a change? because you dont think it necessary, thats why. Much like the mouse...anything goes when it comes to politics.

Werent you the guy that was most recently trying to convince us that pataki had nothing to do with the medical corridor and Hillary has everything to do with it? Which is the complete opposite of the truth.

???

The problem HERE (WNY) is there happens to be a union/democratic party/welfare machine that has been running things for way too long and has pretty much destroyed the local economy. Am I a Rush Limbaugh wacko? No. In fact, Bill Clinton was head-and-shoulders a much better president than Bush (1 or 2) could ever hope to be, in my opinion.

So, when you run around and say "stop affixing blame on the unions and the democrats because that's partisan", I say look around and figure out WHY things are the way they are!

Screaming "partisan" is a little like a black bank robber crying "racism" when he gets arrested or the Isrealis crying "anti-semitism" whenevery anyone talks about how bad they f*cked the Palistinians over the years.

Everybody always wants to portray themselves as a victim to hide their own lousy behavior from scrutiny.

Spare me the cry of "partisans". FYI - The economic problems of WNY are caused by unions, the local democratic party, welfare people, and the special interests working together to screw the rest of us. You don't like that? Then be a "partisan" and vote for somebody who doesn't represent one of the above mentioned groups.

Have a nice day.
    Data is not the plural of Anecdote.

Originally posted by Curmudgeon

Spare me the cry of "partisans". FYI - The economic problems of WNY are caused by unions, the local democratic party, welfare people, and the special interests working together to screw the rest of us. You don't like that? Then be a "partisan" and vote for somebody who doesn't represent one of the above mentioned groups.

Have a nice day.
    The unions here have too much power, but I wouldn't bash unions in general.

The Democrats here have done a terrible job, but so have the non-Democrats, like Pataki (IMO, of course).

But it seems like the real problem is that special interest groups and politicians couldn't see beyond their own immediate wants in order to change gears, hunker down and move on all these decades since Buffalo was in its prime.

Special interest groups aren't just unions. They are anyone with a stake in the status quo.

Total:

I have to take your last post bit by bit.

The unions here have too much power, but I wouldn't bash unions in general.
    I do. I can't think of one union that isn't out to expand its own power at the expense of everyone else. And if you're not a member of any union, they automatically brand you as an enemy. I was happy to listen to the AFL-CIO fragment a couple of weeks ago. It's only in private, carefully controlled conversations that union activists will admit that they believe their function is to maximize the pay and benefits to their membership, even if it ends up harming others. They feel that's their job and the job of someone else to hold them in check.

The Democrats here have done a terrible job, but so have the non-Democrats, like Pataki
    I agree. Thei height of this insanity was Common Council members joining the unionists picketing City Hall for higher pay and benefits. So who was looking out for the taxpayers interests? And they wonder why the citizens of the City finally woke up and canned the entire At-Large system.

And Pataki is a RINO, sadly. But probably the best we can do in the People's Republic of New York. It's little things that he fostered that we will notice only when he is gone. LIke, would the "temporary" 1/4 sales tax have just disappeared if we'd had a Dem. Governor?

But it seems like the real problem is that special interest groups and politicians couldn't see beyond their own immediate wants in order to change gears, hunker down and move on all these decades since Buffalo was in its prime.

Special interest groups aren't just unions. They are anyone with a stake in the status quo
    Couldn't agree with you more. It's difficult to look to a day when someone running for office isn't there to "get his fair share" for him or his group. The editorials in today's News were all about government. It's a reflection of the dearth of economic activity in this area that such a collection of losers (i.e., government) is at center stage.

If government would stop interfering with the natural evolution of our local economy, we would eventually reach our new equilibrium level which would be self-sustaining.

Instead, we'll be faced with an endless series of dunderheaded downtown development projects. And the Buffalo Urban Renewal Agency will continue to be millions of federal dollars, even though any drive through the City would indicate that it's failed miserably in its mission.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Re: Re: Re: One Trick Pony

Originally posted by Boost Buffalo
    Werent you the guy that was most recently trying to convince us that pataki had nothing to do with the medical corridor and Hillary has everything to do with it?
    Uh, no Boost, I wasn't. You asked for examples of things Hillary has done for Western New York, and I mentioned the funding she secured for the Medical Corridor as one. That in no way even implies there weren't many other people involved in making the Medical Corridor a reality.

This is the perfect example of why this thread was started. I'm more than willing to give people the benefit of the doubt and say "gee, maybe they misread my post" or "perhaps I didn't express myself clearly enough" but when it happens over and over and over and over and over again I start to think "or maybe they're just a big liar."

Treachery made a monster out of me

Good Thread

Good Topic, if we can keep it civil.

Also, Anyone notice when a politician of is on one side, say Republican, and he sucks, they call him a Rino??

Rino, Dino, I don't care what he is....A true Republican or a true Democrat, they can be bad.... and when they are bad, don't say he plays for the other team...just say he sucks, and you want him out of the party.
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

Originally posted by biker
    Total:

I can't think of one union that isn't out to expand its own power at the expense of everyone else. And if you're not a member of any union, they automatically brand you as an enemy. I was happy to listen to the AFL-CIO fragment a couple of weeks ago. It's only in private, carefully controlled conversations that union activists will admit that they believe their function is to maximize the pay and benefits to their membership, even if it ends up harming others. They feel that's their job and the job of someone else to hold them in check.

I agree that unions are out to expand their own power, and to get the best pay and benefits for their members, even if hurts others.

Absolutely. That is why unions exist. Relying the generousity of an employer has not tended to work well for employees in the past. Great for employers, not for employees -- unless the employer is feeling pressure from unions and fends that off with better pay and benefits (a situation I was in a few years back).

The point, as Yokes once said, is to find a balance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information