Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erie County Fair

Erie County Fair

So... who's going/has been to the Fair this year? What's your favorite attraction/event/food at the Fair?

I've never been that big a fan of the Fair, but my wife is. This year, we set up a display for the Central Terminal in the Western New York Railway Historical Society's train:

For those that have never seen the train, it's near McKinley gate 1A. Walk through the Indian Village to get there.

Re: Erie County Fair

Originally posted by SolarEclipse
    So... who's going/has been to the Fair this year? What's your favorite attraction/event/food at the Fair?

I've never been that big a fan of the Fair, but my wife is. This year, we set up a display for the Central Terminal in the Western New York Railway Historical Society's train:

For those that have never seen the train, it's near McKinley gate 1A. Walk through the Indian Village to get there.
    I'll check it out tonight.

Favorite attractions: the pigs, Chiavetta's chicken, watching the ugly people that come out of their houses once a year.

Re: Re: Erie County Fair

Originally posted by ERIEMAN

Favorite attractions: the pigs, Chiavetta's chicken, watching the ugly people that come out of their houses once a year.
    I only go to the fair on fireman's day. Walk around a little bit, play a couple games of I Got It and see that everything is the same, just more expensive! The fireman's parade is great and the fire trucks at the end is a great treat for the kids - candy being tossed to the kids.

Erieman, I have to agree with you about the people watching... I wouldn't lounge around my house looking like some of those people who were walking around.
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

Re: Re: Re: Erie County Fair

Originally posted by OneEmerald
    I only go to the fair on fireman's day. Walk around a little bit, play a couple games of I Got It and see that everything is the same, just more expensive! The fireman's parade is great and the fire trucks at the end is a great treat for the kids - candy being tossed to the kids.

Erieman, I have to agree with you about the people watching... I wouldn't lounge around my house looking like some of those people who were walking around.
    I probably saw you there...I also only go on firemans day so i can visit the dugouts...I take it you or your husband is a fireman? What district are you in?

Did you see the wedding?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Erie County Fair

I probably saw you there...I also only go on firemans day so i can visit the dugouts...I take it you or your husband is a fireman? What district are you in?

Did you see the wedding?
    Erieman, I am in the Cleveland Hill district. I was invited to their dugout for a beer and hotdog but I never found it. I hang out with my friends at the Orchard Park dugout. I didn't see the wedding.
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

I went thursday to see zztop; they were in top form

I was there on sunday...

I weep for the future.
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

The people-watching at the fair is a combination of scary, funny, fascinating and repulsive.

Sought of like watching Moadib's posts.

speaking of whom, did anyone ever tell him his ban was only fior one week?

Does anyone have something entered into competition at the fair? Jams, jellies, quilts, plants, photos...?
    Remain calm!! But run for your lives if necessary!

Question Any Venture Capitalists Out there

Originally posted by crlachepinochet
    Does anyone have something entered into competition at the fair? Jams, jellies, quilts, plants, photos...?
    I heard that a friend of a friend of stevenco's tried to start a new category at the Fair for "homeopathic jelly" marketed to aging baby boomers as both a lubricant sex aid and an aphrodisiac. His prototype juice squeezer extracts and condenses the juice of the young leaves. They say that it is perfectly legal to manufacture it as a topical product, but the Fair promoters wanted to clear it with the Erie County sheriff's department, who swooped down in full SWAT gear upon the chemist and his lab (garage) whisking him and his jugs of green contraband off to jail to justify their existence.

Originally posted by crlachepinochet
    I was going to enter photos in, but I changed my mind. Then it ended up that about 90% of the photos in the Terminal display are mine, and I didn't have to pay to enter them.

As gross as it sounds I did try the deep-fried Twinkie a few years ago.

Not much different than a donut, really. Skip the chocolate syrup, however - who needs those calories?

I also had my first (and last) bite of a corn dog that same day. THAT was gross.

Wow, went on the last day and I see what you mean about the people.

I'm big, but at least I don't wear a halter top. Skin isn't always in.
    How can we change things?

Re: Re: Re: Erie County Fair

Originally posted by NCnewbie
    Wow, went on the last day and I see what you mean about the people.

I'm big, but at least I don't wear a halter top. Skin isn't always in.
    I've been going to lawn fetes for years, but the ECF takes the cake as far as ugly people go.

Weight Watchers should set up a tent there....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information