Thread: Malia the Giraffe

Malia the Giraffe

WGRZ reports on this. The Buffalo Zoo named its new baby giraffe after the First Daughter to 'honor' her. No big deal, right? Well, local talk show hosts got all huffy about it and called it offensive. Still no big deal, right?

Well the whole thing took a turn for the absurd when Betty Jean Grant, a local legislator, announced she was putting in a bill to demand the animal's name be changed.

What in the world? I understand loudmouths on the radio wanting to rant and rave about whatever they want. That's cool and I'll support that. But you can't tell me Erie County doesn't have better things to worry about besides proposing ridiculous legislation like this. I'm sick and tired of legislators like Grant using their offices to inflame the public and propose useless do nothing or feel good legislation when there are real problems in their districts.

Quote Originally Posted by MoreOfTheSame View Post
    WGRZ reports on this. The Buffalo Zoo named its new baby giraffe after the First Daughter to 'honor' her. No big deal, right? Well, local talk show hosts got all huffy about it and called it offensive. Still no big deal, right?

Well the whole thing took a turn for the absurd when Betty Jean Grant, a local legislator, announced she was putting in a bill to demand the animal's name be changed.

What in the world? I understand loudmouths on the radio wanting to rant and rave about whatever they want. That's cool and I'll support that. But you can't tell me Erie County doesn't have better things to worry about besides proposing ridiculous legislation like this. I'm sick and tired of legislators like Grant using their offices to inflame the public and propose useless do nothing or feel good legislation when there are real problems in their districts.

Her neighborhood looks like beirut and she concerned about a giraffe name?

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Her neighborhood looks like beirut and she concerned about a giraffe name?
    Why don't we just change it like obama, so all those hard working drug deallers can now get out the word about the new giraffe?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Unregistered
    So now we can't legally give anyone or anything the same name as anyone in the Obama family?

Do the Obamas have a copyright on the name, "Malia ©"?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    So now we can't legally give anyone or anything the same name as anyone in the Obama family?

Do the Obamas have a copyright on the name, "Malia ©"?
    No it's just racist!!! It's not like they named it ****a Kinta (SP)

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    No it's just racist!!! It's not like they named it ****a Kinta (SP)
    I hope, out of retaliation, the Buffalo Zoo names their next born monkey, Betty Jean.

I hope, out of retaliation, the Buffalo Zoo names their next born monkey, Betty Jean.
    Or sheep???

Donkey.

Ridiculous. What a waste of brainpower, time, and money that a public official is "demanding" this. Why doesn't she worry about something real?

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Depew.to.you View Post
    Donkey.

Ridiculous. What a waste of brainpower, time, and money that a public official is "demanding" this. Why doesn't she worry about something real?
    Well now that all HER drug dealers are civilized men and won't be using the N word, she has all the problems solved in her area!

Well giraffes are half light skin half dark so it is ok.

Unregistered
    WhaT sound(s) do Giraffe's make?

Unregistered
    Not sure what they sound like. But I bet with alittle seasoning they taste great in a sandwich!

Unregistered
    Giraffe, the other white meat. I think I just came up with a great idea for a Zoo fundraiser!

JACKASS PIZZT at GIRAFFE

"Well the whole thing took a turn for the absurd when Betty Jean Grant, a local legislator, announced she was putting in a bill to demand the animal's name be changed. "
    AFTER CONFERRING with local DRUG DEALERS on this issue...BJ was appalled that the crackers at the Zoo , would try to honor someone with the blessed event of naming an innocent newborn animal after them!!
    GOTSTA LAY OFF da CRACK ...Betty Jean!!
    Her constituents should be proud that she is standing up for a VERY VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE.. This idiot just sent the opinions of inner city politicians...back light years...WHAT A BOZO!!

Thread Information