Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that Judy has been given the boot

Now that Judy has been given the boot

Can we please forget about these pretenders like Judy who never stood a serious chance.

Good for judy for trying. I admire her for that.

But truthfully, she would have been an awful mayor.

The battle lines are clear. It will be Byron Brown vs Kevin Gaughn for the job. Guys like Helfer and others need some big time splash to get in the middle of things. Otherwise their history as well.
    Thank you New York, may I please have another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's going to be Brown vs. Helfer in November.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Calvaneso has a good shot.

Re: Now that Judy has been given the boot

Originally posted by jbinbny
    Can we please forget about these pretenders like Judy who never stood a serious chance.

Good for judy for trying. I admire her for that.

But truthfully, she would have been an awful mayor.

The battle lines are clear. It will be Byron Brown vs Kevin Gaughn for the job. Guys like Helfer and others need some big time splash to get in the middle of things. Otherwise their history as well.
    Why are you dismissing Judy like that? She would have been a great mayor and I've seen her at numerous events around the city. I haven't even seen Brown once..anywhere!

Secondly, Judy will be on the ballot as an Independent candidate (as long as she gets enough valid signatures)...

Thirdly: IMO, it will be Gaughan vs. Helfer in November. How much support does Brown truly have outside the African-American community?

How much support does Brown truly have outside the African-American community?

And you call yourself a South Buffalonian?

what is this all about?

Why are you dismissing Judy like that? She would have been a great mayor and ...
    Secondly, Judy will be on the ballot as an Independent candidate
    Thirdly: IMO, it will be Gaughan vs. Helfer in November.
    If she "would have been" a great mayor, and she "will be" on the ballot, why would you say "it will be Gaughan vs. Helfer in November"???

Originally posted by Night Owl
    How much support does Brown truly have outside the African-American community?

And you call yourself a South Buffalonian?

what is this all about?

If she "would have been" a great mayor, and she "will be" on the ballot, why would you say "it will be Gaughan vs. Helfer in November"???
    Gaughan is a stronger candidate IMO...nothing against Judy and Judy would make a great mayor!

Originally posted by Joegecdist2
    Gaughan is a stronger candidate IMO...nothing against Judy and Judy would make a great mayor!
    Besides Judy isan't running as a Dem...so it technically could be Gaughan (D) vs Helfer (R) vs Einach (I) in November....

Re: Re: Now that Judy has been given the boot

Originally posted by Joegecdist2
    Why are you dismissing Judy like that? She would have been a great mayor and I've seen her at numerous events around the city. I haven't even seen Brown once..anywhere!

Secondly, Judy will be on the ballot as an Independent candidate (as long as she gets enough valid signatures)...

Thirdly: IMO, it will be Gaughan vs. Helfer in November. How much support does Brown truly have outside the African-American community?

Why am I dismissing her??? Simply because IMO, she does not have the negotiating skills, business expertise, or vision necessary to be the next mayor of Buffalo.

As I've stated many times before, we cannot afford another reactive ******* as a mayor. We're at a crucial point. We either get it right, turn this city around, do away with business as usual attitude and grow or just continue to slide into insolvency.

Judy is NOT the person to change anything around. The unions would eat her alive at the negotiating table for one thing. Secondly, she has no experience running a successful business or something in that order that she can point out her leadership skills. Nada, Nothing!

Judy is a novelty in this race. nothing more. A woman running for mayor of Buffalo. Has it ever happened before?? I'm not sure. But that's all she is and even if she should get her name on a ballot as an independent, she'll get trounced.

Convincingly I might add!

As far as your third point, how much support does Brown have outside the black community in Buffalo? Well he does have the support of the unions and he does have name recognition. That makes him a player in this race.

Personally I think Byron Brown is nothing more than a black Tony Masiello. He offers NOTHING and will never get my vote or the votes of many of my friends and relatives.
    Thank you New York, may I please have another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're at a crucial point. We either get it right, turn this city around, do away with business as usual attitude and grow or just continue to slide into insolvency.

We are definately in need of a change. I will agree with that. But IMO, (going, going) Gaughan, a supporter of Giambra's City/County merger will not make it that far.

Re: Re: Re: Now that Judy has been given the boot

Originally posted by jbinbny
    Why am I dismissing her??? Simply because IMO, she does not have the negotiating skills, business expertise, or vision necessary to be the next mayor of Buffalo.

As I've stated many times before, we cannot afford another reactive ******* as a mayor. We're at a crucial point. We either get it right, turn this city around, do away with business as usual attitude and grow or just continue to slide into insolvency.

Judy is NOT the person to change anything around. The unions would eat her alive at the negotiating table for one thing. Secondly, she has no experience running a successful business or something in that order that she can point out her leadership skills. Nada, Nothing!

Judy is a novelty in this race. nothing more. A woman running for mayor of Buffalo. Has it ever happened before?? I'm not sure. But that's all she is and even if she should get her name on a ballot as an independent, she'll get trounced.

Convincingly I might add!

As far as your third point, how much support does Brown have outside the black community in Buffalo? Well he does have the support of the unions and he does have name recognition. That makes him a player in this race.

Personally I think Byron Brown is nothing more than a black Tony Masiello. He offers NOTHING and will never get my vote or the votes of many of my friends and relatives.
    I agree with you 100% about Brown.
    Also, we all have a right to our opinions and I disagree with you about Judy. I know Judy personally and she would not get "eaten alive" negotiating with the unions. Why do you say that, because she is a woman?
    Their are some very strong educated woman in this world...Hillary Clinton (love her or hate her) is a perfect example!
    Judy is smart (Harvard graduate) and she knows what Buffalo needs in a mayor.

Calvaneso will get the votes from the self-employed/business owner class of people. They can relate more to him.

Why do you say that, because she is a woman?

okay, let's not get hung up on the gender thing.

Judy came out to the public like a flame of ideas and ambition but like many other PC candidates, it fizzled just as fast.

We're at a crucial point. We either get it right, turn this city around, do away with business as usual attitude and grow or just continue to slide into insolvency.

We are definately in need of a change. I will agree with that. But IMO, (going, going) Gaughan, a supporter of Giambra's City/County merger will not make it that far.
    See other than Judy, I like Gaughan the 2nd best. He comes up with some crazy ideas at times: like moving the Rath Bldg workers to city hall and the whole having Buffalo children use Hamburg Beach (I'm sure the residents in Hamburg love that idea) in exchange for free parking downtown.
    But overall...I do like him and I think he is a great visionary...Wouldn't you rather have a visionary in there than another state senator?

Calvaneso will get the votes from the self-employed/business owner class of people. They can relate more to him.

IMO, I honestly think Calveneso will do better with the woman's vote than even Judy will.
    I do like Calveneso, but he just seems very dry when he speaks, and doesn't seem to really connect with people and get the troops fired up like the other candidates do.

Why do you say that, because she is a woman?

okay, let's not get hung up on the gender thing.

Judy came out to the public like a flame of ideas and ambition but like many other PC candidates, it fizzled just as fast.
    I think he was implying that she will be weak as a mayor because she is not male..maybe I read to much into it..I don't know...??
    But what I do know is that you seem to be very negative about PC candidates
    As I've stated before PC is a NEW organization and is doing everything from scratch. Yes, some candidates fizzled out, including myself, but some candidates are also VERY strong. Even if just 1 of the candidates are elected...that is HUGE win for PC to accomplish that in its first year of existence! PC only expected to get 1 candidate..they got several..and IMO their is a good possibly that 3 of the newly elected EC legislators will be PC candidates!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information